Round 18 Discussion (dedicated to Kadog)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Obi Wan said in ANH "In my experience there's no such thing as luck!"

I apply that to SC as well...

I hope you can take this as constructive criticism JM and not be a cry baby like WW, but IMO you spent way too much money on your Rd1 midfield (5x 600k+ & 550k for your M6) and not nearly enough on your Def. IIRC 400k Zach Williams was your D1? Would have taken a lot of downgrades to complete that line with the top few defenders all getting really expensive very quickly...

I hope you can take this as constructive criticism JM and not be a cry baby like WW, but IMO you spent way too much money on your Rd1 midfield (5x 600k+ & 550k for your M6) and not nearly enough on your Def. IIRC 400k Zach Williams was your D1? Would have taken a lot of downgrades to complete that line with the top few defenders all getting really expensive very quickly...

All good man, I'm open to constructive critisisim as its the only way to improve.

I've never said I was the king at playing SC so I'm always open to constructive critisisim for where I went wrong so I can use the knowledge for next year.

Yeah I farked up going too deep in my mids and not starting Lloyd and Whitfield. Started regretting that big time from around round 2-3 onwards.

I also wish I had started Libba, B.Crouch and Sheed. Hell even Rocky. Another area where I went wrong. :(

Oh well as the great Sam Newman once said...

Fun facts: 113.25 is the 8 game average that you would have got had you traded in Jarryd Lyons in Rd10 for 421.5k

View attachment 713987

And to think GC couldn't guarantee him games and ended up de-listing him last year. :drunk:

Fun fact 2: 50 is the number of extra grey hairs you would have gotten in round 16 when he played gws.

Rnd 19 is the official start of Puppy Season.

I've got nothing to brag about this season, seemingly stuck and spinning my wheels just outside top 1000. Maybe I can have an orgasmic last month and jag a top 500.
Blowing my LTI trades on a weekly basis lately. I'm in the eye of the injury carnage and holding on....just. Now only 1 trade left which just isn't enough at this rate.
Pretty good fun though. Always the best part of the season where u find out how u went. In my case not great.

Now just hoping a bunch of good blokes in here can kill this last month.
Actually been a good season for BF overall.
Hold those nads and prey for luck.

All good man, I'm open to constructive critisisim as its the only way to improve.

I've never said I was the king at playing SC so I'm always open to constructive critisisim for where I went wrong so I can use the knowledge for next year.

Yeah I farked up going too deep in my mids and not starting Lloyd and Whitfield. Started regretting that big time from around round 2-3 onwards.

I also wish I had started Libba, B.Crouch and Sheed. Hell even Rocky. Another area where I went wrong. :(

Oh well as the great Sam Newman once said...
I've been repeating this... embrace the MPM :D
And... very important, go on a holiday to save on trades :drunk:

Might have to finally embrace the MPM myself next year I think.

I was that close to doing it if anyone had seen my earlier team in the pre season....
That team would have got you top 10 ;)

Might have to finally embrace the MPM myself next year I think.

I was that close to doing it if anyone had seen my earlier team in the pre season....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m still dubious about MPM but a few here have made it work. Popular mid pricers like Sheed, Brouch, Worpel, BSmith, Worpel have done a decent job for their owners. Might have to soften my stance on pure guns and rookies

I’m still dubious about MPM but a few here have made it work. Popular mid pricers like Sheed, Brouch, Worpel, BSmith, Worpel have done a decent job for their owners. Might have to soften my stance on pure guns and rookies

I still have BCrouch & BSmith who I started with and Worpel who I bought in Rd3. All 3 in splendid form ATM. Daniel was also a big win until he got injured and i traded him out.

I still have plenty of mid-pricers: williams worpel brouch sheed TT and SP Billings, they just refused to leave my team, then they even invited Houli to the party

That's a fair whack of injuries! I also copped Boak, Kelly, Cripps, Fyfe, Hurn over that period, and was forced to use 2 of my remaining emergency LTI trades on Daniel and Hore. Thankfully I had enough depth to cover lines, which is where the strategic element comes into it.
+1

As I came down to my final trades, I was very conscious to use them as depth cover the best way possible. So far I’ve been able to cover multiple injuries on one line without donuts with some dpp wizardry! but strangely enough, I’ve been comfortably outscored by teams who had donuts (the Gawn/Boak nuts 2 weeks ago and again this past week with Hurn/Fyfe). That’s frustrating.

The other thing that’s annoyed dafaq outta me are teams that have fluked really high rookie scores when covering a premo, like Petrols and Gibbons 100s for example. campaigners that averaged 50s but timed an arsey ton the same week teams used them for cover. I haven’t had that type of ‘luck’ this year.

+1

As I came down to my final trades, I was very conscious to use them as depth cover the best way possible. So far I’ve been able to cover multiple injuries on one line without donuts with some dpp wizardry! but strangely enough, I’ve been comfortably outscored by teams who had donuts (the Gawn/Boak nuts 2 weeks ago and again this past week with Hurn/Fyfe). That’s frustrating.

The other thing that’s annoyed dafaq outta me are teams that have fluked really high rookie scores when covering a premo, like Petrols and Gibbons 100s for example. campaigners that averaged 50s but timed an arsey ton the same week teams used them for cover. I haven’t had that type of ‘luck’ this year.

Stack is/was also good for a timely 100+ this year, his 103 in rd13 the most rewarding as many teams had several SP's out on that bye round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back