Discussion Round 18 Discussion - GRAND FINAL Week

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whose starting team can I copy next season?

I need to stop picking my starting side with my heart... keep starting poorly and always playing catch up.

Any volunteers?
Pick blokes who play every week. Or who are durable. Even if they are expensive. Biggest lesson I have learnt.

For example. Don't pick anyone from GWS. Whitfield maybe. Even rookies are dubious. So much depth, they just flick guys who are playing ok. Port I kept away from. Richmond I kept away from except Rookies.

I had too many Essendon players....but they played virtually every week. Didn't help in R18, but sure did every other week when I didn't need to trade the campaigners out. Even old Lunchie only missed a week.

Probably why I had a bit of a vanilla team in the end. No POD's. But over the journey they were solid.

Stoked with the finish and to win BF 1, beat my 34th last year and I have no idea how I even got up there this year! Let’s all bloody relax now 😂
Wow. Well done. You came storming home. I hung on to be in front of you by 7. My last week not great. Cripps, Williams, Ridley.....poor last weeks.

_20200922_001754.JPG
_20200922_001809.JPG

And that my fellow kentlemen, is how you choke not only a miraculous fightback to the top 1000 for the first time since RD 1 2017, but also 9 ******* NINE top 4 finishes, all in STUNNING STYLE.

So long, farewell, stay safe, eat kebabs, melt hard and post puppies.

See ya's in 2021 when the world is hopefully sane again.

You won my draft league Obese Arachnid
8bAw.gif

Stoked with the finish and to win BF 1, beat my 34th last year and I have no idea how I even got up there this year! Let’s all bloody relax now 😂
who-the-fu-are-you-gif.794141

Some amazing work on the overall ranks.
Barry phenomenal, but verdun, vasty, AB and plenty of others besides all top shelf.
🔥

20200921_193330.jpg 20200921_191540.jpg
20200921_191603.jpg So did my best work early and spent half the season in the top 1000, but by the byes mistakes were being made and corners were cut to get to full premo earlier.
Got to 4 of 9GF and lost them all with the best I can claim from the year being the BF12 minor premier. Glad the season is over and given a month ago I said I wasnt going to play next year, I am now using what I have learnt to plan for 2021!
Well done to all who did so well, but special congratulations to Verdun66, who I see to remember mentioning that he lived in Scotland. As someone who lives in the same time zone, the effort to come 20th dealing with 4am matches and team announcements at 9.26am is an incredible feat. Cheers and see you all next year.​

Last edited:
View attachment 967491View attachment 967492
View attachment 967493So did my best work early and spent half the season in the top 1000, but by the byes mistakes were being made and corners were cut to get to full premo earlier.
Got to 4 of 9GF and lost them all with the best I can claim from the year being the BF12 minor premier. Glad the season is over and given a month ago I said I wasnt going to play next year, I am now using what I have learnt to plan for 2021!
Well done to all who did so well, but special congratulations to Verdun66, who I see to remember mentioning that he lived in Scotland. As someone who lives in the same time zone, the effort to come 20th dealing with 4am matches and team announcements at 9.26am is an incredible feat. Cheers and see you all next year.​
Cheers. Lockdown helped. And when golf started again I would annoy my partners by looking at my phone at about 930am. And looking for late outs. Looping and all that caper was impossible. Only got caught out a couple of times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finished at 133rd. Great result but the last fortnight of the season has left me very sour.

Planned on using my last 2 trades to go Docherty > Rich & Jack Martin > Petracca.

Docherty declares himself fit and better yet D7 Watson gets a gig. So I hold Docherty and trade Riccardi instead, giving me cover on all lines in case of emergency.
Watson scores 90, I still play Docherty who pings his calf again and gets 13.
Rich gets 101.
Docherty doesn't play next week, Watson gets dropped to giving me a GF donut, Rich scores 148.
236 points gone down the drain so I could have cover.

Try a POD captain to try keep up, he has 10 touches at QT. Running at about -17% DE.
The 4 most common captain's all outscore him.

So yeah, 133rd overall.
7/10 GF matches.
1/7 wins.
Yuck.

Was also part of the league that held #1 spot for 9 weeks straight before losing it in the second last round to a ten team league :sick::gun:

Last edited:
Cheers. Lockdown helped. And when golf started again I would annoy my partners by looking at my phone at about 930am. And looking for late outs. Looping and all that caper was impossible. Only got caught out a couple of times.

How many "partners" do you have Verdy?

aaa.jpg

Comfortably the worse season ever .....after the abandoned match lost focus for a while, then went experimental mode after all hope lost ......18,485 ranked

Also proves Sobriety and SuperCoaching does NOT work

Congratulations to all, it's been an interesting year ...... vast congrats mate , Verdun66 from 29,500 rank last year to top 20 this year ....fantastic effort, and shows we're all in with a chance every year :thumbsu:

Barry Roundhouse ...so close at #5 overall :thumbsu:

Now if you excuse me, I'll get back into my box and hide over the PS ........but I'll be back & beware next season

box shame.gif

Thanks heaps everyone! Slept like an absolute baby last night for the first time in a few weeks.. Thank * thats over!

I cant remember or not but i feel like i probably rode in here early on in the year and got Alf'd and "who the hell are you'd" and to have all you supporting me on the run home was brill. Thanks kentstables!

Just a quick shout out to all the great advice i got from a few of you (Andrew Birch and vast & so many more i cant remember). I Cant remember who planted the seed of wanting to trade out Cripps about 6 weeks back.. Andrew? But that stuck with me and him to JPK was huge in the end. Also big thanks to those that provided so so advice (also vast 😜). Really couldn't have done it without this board and it wouldnt have been anywhere near as fun.

Lastly.. hoddo saved me big time by suggesting Lloyd instead of Macrae as captain this round. I owe you big time 🍻

Thanks all! Cant wait to do it all again ❤

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back