Round 18 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you say that?
Jock Reynolds standing room for this round, bloke mentions it. seems legitimate, twitter account reference etc. which checks out and references both teams

Last edited:
2426 My best for the year. Went up 4000 places. Not bad with Lids and Hall on the bench. Well done Petracca and Miller T as the replacements. Rocky, Steven Gawn and Simpson my stars. Rich with a ton. Wonders will never cease! Took the Danger score as Captain, and could have had Rocky. Oh well, won all my League games so that's ok.

Laird with 71 my worst. Have kept him all year, but had him on the bench a lot of weeks. Same with Wells, but good on him for a ton after nearly pulling out.

Will try not to trade again this week. Only 3 of the buggers left, so will try to keep for Emergency Only!

toxic e.g. TITANS ref here. Same coach this year. With same twitter handle as current #1. Seems Finkel is Einhorn, Einhorn is Finkel(?)

38d6fcbd915f1d4c3c5518a9f510c451.png

Scored 2398. Lost both leagues I'm in.
Can't believe that I went up in overall rank. Only by 172, so guess that means I'm close to par again.
Currently sitting 1643 overall.

Shaw, Laird, Hannebury, Ward, Goldstein, Montagna and Kerridge all villains this round.

Simpson, Pittard, Steven, Gawn and Merrett the heroes. Props to Wells for his efforts on Friday too. Great effort.
Kerridge likely gone this week. Was hoping to move him last week but for Hall's injury.
2 Trades and 146k remaining.

Edit: My ranking has only changed 588 places in the last 4 weeks. Thankfully all in a positive direction.
Lots of scores pretty close to par in a row. Just can't seem to crack that one really BIG round :mad:

Last edited:
With 2374 I didn't expect to still move up in position.

upload_2016-7-25_10-16-49.png

toxic e.g. TITANS ref here. Same coach this year. With same twitter handle as current #1. Seems Finkel is Einhorn, Einhorn is Finkel(?)

38d6fcbd915f1d4c3c5518a9f510c451.png

Ban everyone who spells lose as loose

Bang, I'm top 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I officially call bullshit on anyone who scores 2400+, EVER!

My current team contains the player in # position by average.

DEF: 1, 2, 3, (4 is Murphy - out) 9, 14 & Collins / DBJ
MID: 1, 2, (3 is Ablett - out), (have 5 but playing him FWD) 6, 8, 9, 10, 11 & 15
RUC: 1, 2
FWD: 1, 4 (playing 2 & 3 in MIDS), 6, 9, 13 & 19 (ruck cover);

So my team can't be much stronger, give a few points here or there (obviously D6 is an issue but I'm short on trades and if you're gonna have one weak spot D6 is the one to have), and yet...

I HAVE NOT LOOKED LIKE BREAKING 2400 ALL ******* SEASON!!!! HOW THE * DO YOU DO IT!?!?!?

Every week I have at least 5-6 "premos" from said positions above who don't crack the ton. Scatter in a few low 90's and you can't get to 2400. Everything would have to go absolutely perfect for me to crack 2500, yet I'm reading guys in here every week saying "2500+ but could've been better as X scored 75, and Y scored 68" etc.

Blows my ******* mind.

MID: 1, 2, (3 is Ablett - out), (have 5 but playing him FWD) 6, 8, 9, 10, 11 & 15

So my team can't be much stronger, give a few points here or there (obviously D6 is an issue but I'm short on trades and if you're gonna have one weak spot D6 is the one to have), and yet...

I HAVE NOT LOOKED LIKE BREAKING 2400 ALL ******* SEASON!!!! HOW THE **** DO YOU DO IT!?!?!?

Every week I have at least 5-6 "premos" from said positions above who don't crack the ton. Scatter in a few low 90's and you can't get to 2400. Everything would have to go absolutely perfect for me to crack 2500, yet I'm reading guys in here every week saying "2500+ but could've been better as X scored 75, and Y scored 68" etc.

Blows my ******* mind.

Hows you captain picks been going? Find that the correct pick / loophole option has made a big difference on my scores this year. I would say that 65-70% of the time I have taken the vc score this year.
I am having my best year and have only gone over 2400 3 times, but only went under 2000 during the byes, which has made for a mych more consistant season. Maximising captains points is a big part of this.

I HAVE NOT LOOKED LIKE BREAKING 2400 ALL ******* SEASON!!!! HOW THE **** DO YOU DO IT!?!?!?

Blows my ******* mind.

Have you ever played lotto mate? It's all about probability of numbers.

So 18 teams with 22 players equals 396 players per week scoring SC points.

18*22=396

That's as far as my mathematical skills will allow me to go but the odds of having the best 22 scoring combination out of 396 options is ******* big odds.

Last year I sucked for most of the year then came home strong with all the best PODS. MaCrae, T.Adam's, Bont, Gawn, Simpson, Sloane for the 3rd time, Yeo smashing out 140's (yes he wasn't as much of a spud last year)
Some how with that mix of PODs and all the usual suspects like Goldy, Shaw, Hodge, Fyfe, GAJ, Pendles etc
I scored a 2782 and I was only the 29th highest scorer for the round :eek:

I have a feeling I'll never smash out a score like that again anytime soon. Don't beat yourself up.
Your end of season ranking is what defines your year and how many times you have been down to Officeworks to buy a new keyboard. :rainbow:

18*22=396

That's as far as my mathematical skills will allow me to go but the odds of having the best 22 scoring combination out of 396 options is ******* big odds.

Last year I sucked for most of the year then came home strong with all the best PODS. MaCrae, T.Adam's, Bont, Gawn, Simpson, Sloane for the 3rd time, Yeo smashing out 140's (yes he wasn't as much of a spud last year)
Some how with that mix of PODs and all the usual suspects like Goldy, Shaw, Hodge, Fyfe, GAJ, Pendles etc

I have a feeling I'll never smash out a score like that again anytime soon. Don't beat yourself up.
Your end of season ranking is what defines your year and how many times you have been down to Officeworks to buy a new keyboard. :rainbow:

Stoked that Yeo replaced his 140s late last year with 40s this season :thumbsu:

Hows you captain picks been going? Find that the correct pick / loophole option has made a big difference on my scores this year. I would say that 65-70% of the time I have taken the vc score this year.
I am having my best year and have only gone over 2400 3 times, but only went under 2000 during the byes, which has made for a mych more consistant season. Maximising captains points is a big part of this.

Haven't exactly nailed them (missed Shaws 200, had Goldys 170-odd instead, and missed Dangers back-to-back 220 and 170), but they haven't been bad. Only 2 under 100 all year, and the majority are around the 120-130 mark. I don't think it's the captains pick thats not getting me there.

18*22=396

Ha ha, no, that's the exact reason I don't play lotto! :D

I get what you're saying, but surely 99% of this board has gone 2500+, or at least 2450+ at some stage? I've NEVER looked like it. I might've been very lucky and pulled out a 2430 or something similar in 2014 in that round where everyone's premos either were already out due to injury, or got injured mid-match (Rd 21 I think it was) and my team was so bad it was unscathed.

I just don't know how it gets done without 95% of your players playing to AT LEAST average, and that NEVER happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back