Round 18 Discussion

Anyone with say a Blakley or Mills at M8 thinking of bringing in Menegola to play on field and using the cash to beast other areas?

Ballsy move but could pay off big time.

I have Mills M8 this week. He will go to D7 next week. To me Mills is a long term D7. Why trade?? recently he has been averaging really good scores.

Harwood > Menegola (M9)
Jansen > What ever mid I want

trades locked :)

Apr 25, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Man this round sucks so bad I'm getting another premo in docherty/hodge for my def 5 this week instead of relying on two rookies..I brought in Sloane this week and what a spud along with titchell and Ruggles...

Currently on 1339/14 thinking this rounds par score won't be as big as last round but hoping for massive score from captain Rocky to improve my score as I still have a rookie in Castagna to play

Carey84

Team Captain
Sep 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Having a shocker, all my mids apart from danger well below par :/ 1174/13. Will almost definitely be sliding a hundred at least this week! Ahhhh....

Thinking it's time for Titch to move to a Steven or so.... Hmmmm....

Apr 25, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone with say a Blakley or Mills at M8 thinking of bringing in Menegola to play on field and using the cash to beast other areas?

Ballsy move but could pay off big time.
It hasn't worked for me all year tried that with Darcy parish scoring 97 & 98 first two then avg 60 till I got rid of him, josh smith had a ripper first game and never got higher, clay smith 96 last two weeks then today 70s, .lesson learnt is put in bench for cover and if you can afford go upgrade to a premo in mid and do not rely on rookie

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
I have Mills M8 this week. He will go to D7 next week. To me Mills is a long term D7. Why trade?? recently he has been averaging really good scores.

Harwood > Menegola (M9)
Jansen > What ever mid I want

trades locked :)

The way I see it, that's pretty much 150-200k sitting on the bench that could be used on your field gaining points.

I'd rather have a Castanga at D7 who's likely to average similar + the $ difference between him and Mills on the field.

The way I see it, that's pretty much 150-200k sitting on the bench that could be used on your field gaining points.

I'd rather have a Castanga at D7 who's likely to average similar + the $ difference between him and Mills on the field.

But when I have other points of trade such as Harwood & Jansen, why trade Mills? good for a late out.

Note: I also have 150K so I don't need the extra cash from Mills.

Apr 25, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide

Mills is a good cover and your going to be seeing a lot of rested players in coming rounds that will affect your league finals

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Mills is a good cover and your going to be seeing a lot of rested players in coming rounds that will affect your league finals

With the week break after round 23 there won't be the same level of mass resting as in previous years.

Even so I'd still rather have, for example, Castagna as cover + either 1 or 2 better premos in other areas than Mills waiting in the wings with less $ on the field.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
But when I have other points of trade such as Harwood & Jansen, why trade Mills? good for a late out.

Note: I also have 150K so I don't need the extra cash from Mills.

In the case of having other juicy options to downgrade then keeping Mills + getting cash from other downgrades on your field is the best of both worlds. Unfortunately not everyone is in that position, I'm seeing a lot of teams around who's cash generation has stalled.

especially if you have Boyd/Bartel not to mention clubs that have secured their position.

I really don't think there will be much resting this year. Anyone in the top 4 can drop out, a few in the 8 may start getting nervous. It will be critical to be on your A game right till the end of the season.

In the case of having other juicy options to downgrade then keeping Mills + getting cash from other downgrades on your field is the best of both worlds. Unfortunately not everyone is in that position, I'm seeing a lot of teams around who's cash generation has stalled.

In fantasy I reckon the cash generation has been so much harder this year. 2 trades a week seems easy, but in hindsight it is hard. But yeah, if you have no one on the pine and no money in the bank Mills is someone to get rid if. Though an 82 3&5 round average means that if he is your worst player, you are dominating.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
In fantasy I reckon the cash generation has been so much harder this year. 2 trades a week seems easy, but in hindsight it is hard. But yeah, if you have no one on the pine and no money in the bank Mills is someone to get rid if. Though an 82 3&5 round average means that if he is your worst player, you are dominating.

Cash generation was never meant to be easy in Fanstay. It's just we forgot how difficult is was because of the buffet of gun rooks GWS supplied us in previous years.

Those who only play SC or DT love saying that Fantasy is easy with 2 trades per week, but they forget the 2 trades per week is off set compared to the formats by instant price rises and more expensive starting prices for rooks.

1542 with 7 + C to come. Looks like im doing slightly better than average for once.

Really annoyed that Menegola as a late in and will cost 150k+ next week. Also annoyed that Halls injury meant i couldnt upgrade S.Ross to Rockliff this week. Has cost me massively.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Cash generation was never meant to be easy in Fanstay. It's just we forgot how difficult is was because of the buffet of gun rooks GWS supplied us in previous years.

Those who only play SC or DT love saying that Fantasy is easy with 2 trades per week, but they forget the 2 trades per week is off set compared to the formats by instant price rises and more expensive starting prices for rooks.

Plus of course everyone gets two trades so the better teams are always going forward, a few sideways trades or following the wrong hunch and you're falling behind pretty quickly.

Is RDT identical scoring? Would be curious to know if there's much difference in scoring for the top teams between RDT and Fantasy if it is.

Very average defenders without any real disasters so far and sitting on 1215/12, a bit meh but still hoping this might be the round I start moving forward again.

1542 with 7 + C to come. Looks like im doing slightly better than average for once.

Really annoyed that Menegola as a late in and will cost 150k+ next week. Also annoyed that Halls injury meant i couldnt upgrade S.Ross to Rockliff this week. Has cost me massively.
lol. Just checked my team again. Its 6+c to come. So thats 100 point less from my projected score, and one of those 6 left is Castagna. Average week :/

Aug 15, 2009
Dubai, UAE
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
North Sydney Bears Rugby League
1459/13 C

Not bad. 9 to go. Inc Dusty, Gray, new boy Zorko etc etc. Brought in Naismith on the bench in case Stef drops out. Nice start for him with 88. Worst player Bernie Vince, who has been pretty good until just recently with 69. Ryan Davis still there and got 79. Can't complain.

Had Jack Steven all year. Nice 145....and Maxie Gawn has rarely let the side down.

Apr 21, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
1356/15... 7+C to come.

Will be happy with around 2200 this week - most of my guns have gone under 100 so far.
Goldy, Bernie, Gaff and Titch all very poor for me with some under par scores from JJ, Duncan and Montagna. Not great all in the same week. Hoping for a big day today with Rocky (c), Zorko, Merrett, Dusty, Lewis, Gray and Shaw.

Apr 25, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide

i thought everyone had rocky especially last 6weeks haven't drop below 100

Apr 25, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
at least this week week i don't feel so bad about falling behind with my score as this weeks par is lower than last week at the moment but i do worry as i still have a rookie on castagna on the field although hoping rocky (C), Shaw, Cotchin, Stef, Zerrett, Dusty, Zorko can bring my score of 1339 to some respectability as i don't want to drop in rankings

Back