Trades Round 18 Fantasy Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whitfield>Ridley
Langford>Walsh

Probably get whitfield back in the last 2-3 rounds.

Fyfe is pretty cheap so will look at him up forward next week.

Houston is playing wing atm which isnt great, role seems to change week to week though so I'll hold for now. Haynes I'll hold as well, hoping he can bounce back.

Looking at:

Whitfield - De Goey
Cripps - Darcy

Gets me two decent-scoring forwards which is the biggest problem area still. Finally ditch Cripps who is a disaster. De Goey has done enough to my eyes, and that F6 spot is so chaotic anyway; any of 10 different players could fill it from here. Playing one of Bianco/Garcia on field which isn't great but don't have much choice unfortunately.

Team is still plagued by dodgy mid-pricer/low-performing premo types: Crouch, Newman, Markov, Houston, Hunter but can only trade two of them out each week sadly.

Can someone explain the logic behind getting Bramble in at $305K? Surely at this point in the season you want either basement rookies for your bench or Best 22 types for your field?

Im going full nutso and getting in burgess and de goat. Yes im checking myself into the looney hospital.

De Goey's role looks very solid, playing mainly mid and drifting forward. Picking up cheap +6's around the ground. Tons in 4 out of his last 5.

Everyone (including me) jumped on Hunter when he was around the same price ($630K-ish) and he's been pretty disappointing all told, so going the 'safe' option doesn't always work.

round 18 trades.jpg

Leaves me with 1 rookie on the field which will require 3 trades to execute as im short on cash gen. Currently team looks like this:

round 18 team.jpg

On paper its looks not too bad, but missing out on the Hall/Ziebell train costs me overall every single week.

If we can play as bad as we did tonight and Kelly scores 100 then he might well just be amazing value at 560.

Also throwing a left field name out there at 650.
Brayden Fiorini ?
The injury to Greenwood and form of the Gold Coast means his job security should be good. Back to back 100s.

Early doors...

Whit>Degoey
Haynes>Fiorini

Trades can't be Ny worse than the 120 odd points I left in the ether last week

Considering holding Whit for the week although he will probably stink the week he comes back as many do.

Option 1 Bianco/Amartey to Ginnivan/TKelly gets me to 1 rook on field (2 this week with Whit benched)

Ginnivan was a boss against us in VFL so predicting he will play. Cumberland killed it for us too so may be another option.

Option 2 is I dump Whit/Houston for DeGoey/Neale and let my rooks jump in price a tad more leaving 2 rooks on field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy and still field a rookie mid (Edwards or Bianco)
Or go cheap and get Marshall for Amarty
allowing that rookie mid to be upgraded to T.Kelly, Fiorini, (Gaff even)

Marshall has a good run but seems to be topping out at 70-80 so he's way behind Grundy by 40pts.
Slight mid upgrade might be 40pts better than Bianco/Edwards though.

Ranking has blown out to 1,800 so I'll have to pull a few hail Mary's (that are not DeGoey)

Thoughts on Tim Kelly? Cheap and a pretty good run home

An injury to Heppell and campaigner Rowbottom being dropped for the 2nd week in a row, meant I had to field too many rookies for my liking. So many of my players did poorly this round...

Idun - 17
DevRob - 27
Whitfield - 28
Weightman 35
Amartey - 38
Markov - 41
Bianco - 41
Cumming - 54
Houston - 57
Martin - 66
Parish - 68

I'll probably look at downgrading Idun (a bit pricey for my bench), and my idea last week about trading out Macrae might actually be plausible. I'm normally not a fan of trading out premos but he's had 4 off weeks in a row (average of 102 points) and is leaking a lot of cash at the moment. But if Rowbottom isn't named next week, he's being traded out instead.

Cumming to Lloyd
Harmes to Tim Kelly

Unlike last week I think my trades are incredibly easy this week.

Weightman > Bramble
Langford > Salem

$140k in the bank, means next week I'll likely go Markov or Haynes up to Lloyd. Happy to ride one rookie on field for a while, would rather upgrade mid-pricers who are starting to lose cash.

Looking at:

Whitfield - De Goey
Cripps - Darcy

Gets me two decent-scoring forwards which is the biggest problem area still. Finally ditch Cripps who is a disaster. De Goey has done enough to my eyes, and that F6 spot is so chaotic anyway; any of 10 different players could fill it from here. Playing one of Bianco/Garcia on field which isn't great but don't have much choice unfortunately.

Team is still plagued by dodgy mid-pricer/low-performing premo types: Crouch, Newman, Markov, Houston, Hunter but can only trade two of them out each week sadly.

Can someone explain the logic behind getting Bramble in at $305K? Surely at this point in the season you want either basement rookies for your bench or Best 22 types for your field?

Bramble in the forward line let's me grab 100k off Weightman who has basically capped out, Bramble still has another 100-150k of growth in him I suspect. Hopefully can get a reasonable score to back up last week's showing which would also significantly outscore any of my other forward rookies, and then gives me a progression over the next few weeks of rookies to trade out as they max out: Amartey -> Newcombe (assuming he doesn't come back) -> Madden -> Connolly/Garcia (whoever goes up more) -> Bramble

Weightman -> 170k
Treacy -> Darcy

I know the Cyclone scored 86 but his BE is 31 and against the Cats (especially in the rain) he might struggle to get that.

I can't get to Grundy, but Darcy's run home is pretty good.

Probably going to field Bramble over Amartey this week hoping he has that same role.

Who goes first from Haynes, Dusty or Houston?

And which combo:
Lloyd & Danger (Sharp on field)
Danger & De Goey (Sharp on field)
Lloyd & De Goey (Sharp on field)
Neale & T.Kelly (Amart on filed)?

* it !!!

Weightman - Ginnivan
Whitfield - Touk Miller....

Burgess to defence for a week.

Early days looking at
Whit to Lloyd
Hunter/dusty/Houston to JDG

Lloyd to cheap to pass up, Dawson moved up to wing last 2 weeks to great success meaning Lloyd should get all if not most kick outs and get ceiling back

Just MARS doesn't looking good for defenders 🤔

Really want Lloyd as well. But Mars stadium is a graveyard for defenders!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back