Review Round 18, Fremantle vs GWS Giants, Sunday August 2nd, 2.40pm AWST, Domain Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

It's ok to boo white people

It's ok to boo someone for a specific incident involving a player from your team.

Milburn copped it for years after the silvani incident - but only from Carlton fans - he was never booed by Adelaide fans, or Hawthorn fans. Scully still cops it from Melbourne fans. But you'll notice nobody booed him today, or last week.

Dawson, as far as I'm concerned, has opened himself up to boos from us next time round. If we're still booing him in three years, it'll be a bit pathetic, but after what he did today?... Booooooooooooo

Got to hand it to LC, he kept his cool in the post-match presser. He'd make a good pollie. If quizzed about the umps and the snipe on Jezza in that situation, I would have let it rip.
But, then I see Lyon having his say on LC's approach to the umps during the game! Mate, worry about your own business you muppet. Last person in the AFL who should be sticking his head up over the parapet.

Last edited:

But, then I see Lyon having his say on LC's approach to the umps during the game! Mate, worry about your own business you muppett. Last person in the AFL who should be sticking his head up over the parapet.
Yeah the guy that screwed the Saints and then fled to freo when they were on the up and has now seemed to have wasted the Grimaces window

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I hope none of our people boo Adam Goodes if he plays in Round 21.

We're not like that.

Everyone understood the crows supporters right to boo Tippett.I think Giants fans will be smart enough to know the difference with Goodes.Do u guys think anyone will boo Giles?.I wont as its understandable why he left but I wouldnt care if others did.

When they do, I don't care if booing is banned, frowned upon or back in vogue, but Zac Dawson is going to cop it from me from the moment he walks on the field until he leaves the carpark ... Biggest sniper I have seen in a long time.

I thought he was a useless overrated lump at saints, made the team better when he followed to be Ross's water boy..
Never shown talent or brains, that said though I don't recall him ever being a dirty player, more of your washed variety of potatoe

Everyone understood the crows supporters right to boo Tippett.I think Giants fans will be smart enough to know the difference with Goodes.Do u guys think anyone will boo Giles?.I wont as its understandable why he left but I wouldnt care if others did.

Only one I think we have a mild justification to boo atm is Boyd, and that's hard when he isn't playing..
Hogan's sledge about him in my best ever list..

.Do u guys think anyone will boo Giles?.

Can't see why we would. Helped found the club. Left for opportunity. Can't blame him. Can't hate him. Deep down Joffa will always be one of us.

I think about the only one who left who I would boo is Frost, but even then I probably would waste my breath beyond an initial expression of disapproval.

Not sure many are happy with the 21 point loss, but after are previous efforts at Subiaco it should be considered a good performance to be competitive vs the top team on their home ground
Loved JCs aggression through the game and thought Treloar had a good performance, Toby was another one who seemed to be near his best
Shaw truly has taken his game up another level and is really leading the young defence, and a credit to the defence yesterday to restrict the Dockers to only 12 goals with how much possession they had Lyon will be filthy and that would be one reason for his Rant re LC talking to the 4th umpire
Lost the contested possessions again and falling of tackles too easily which i put down to the young giants list and the younger bodies

What was the sledge?
From the Age, Wayne Carey wrote this back in April:

Jesse Hogan has swagger.

It might not be plain for all to see, yet, but if a story I've been told is correct then the Demons' faithful have every right to be believers.

When Hogan was lining up for one of his three goals against the Doggies last week, rival skipper Robert Murphy was apparently doing his best to put him off by screaming "You can't miss this, you're Melbourne's great white hope".

Indeed, in his 16th season, Murphy probably had every reason to believe that sledging a first-year player might work. Which is why Hogan's response, after kicking the goal, is truly priceless. "And there's your great white hope," he retorted, pointing to Tom Boyd, who was sitting on the Dogs' bench at the time.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...son-so-far-20150528-ghbobv.html#ixzz3hjm3x3su

Hogan finished the game — which Melbourne won by 39 points — with 21 disposals and nine marks. Boyd was subbed out in the third quarter with just one possession — a handball — to his name.

Freo kept us in it with wasteful kicking. We were lucky to get so close. Jeez that Dawson is a flog of the highest order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back