Review Round 18, Fremantle vs GWS Giants, Sunday August 2nd, 2.40pm AWST, Domain Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

For whats is worth guys, I reckon you're a significantly more talented outfit than this purple bag of pretenders.
They're well oiled machine, I'll give them that, but in terms of talent alone they're a middle of the road team at best.

With Fyfe, Bala and Johnson now all out and potentially more to be rested this game surely evens up a touch despite the awful record GWS holds in the west. Freo have absolutely no depth so the players they replace them with are very, very mediocre.

The midfields for mine now break even.
The GWS fwd line is significantly better and should pose many problems to an undersized and decimated Freo back line.
Backlines seemingly break even.

Hoping GWS show a lot more this time in perth, winning this certainly isn't out of the realms of possibility

Well informed Hawks bandwagoner posters.:rolleyes:

Perhaps you should be concerned about peaking too early..

I feel Freo may be resting guys with the knowledge that we suck in the west.

Complacency may be more in our favour than I'd originally thought (off the back of the saving BF last weekend in the Richmond Missile Crisis) still don't like out chances, but no Hodge no Lewis certainly gave our boys the sniff the needed v Hawthorn. Fyfe Mundy (if he's pulled) could give us a similar belief going into this one.

I feel Freo may be resting guys with the knowledge that we suck in the west.

Complacency may be more in our favour than I'd originally thought (off the back of the saving BF last weekend in the Richmond Missile Crisis) still don't like out chances, but no Hodge no Lewis certainly gave our boys the sniff the needed v Hawthorn. Fyfe Mundy (if he's pulled) could give us a similar belief going into this one.
I think we will lose but am hoping an under 10 goal win.

God help us if they move grand finals west.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Final Changes

In:
Nathan Wilson,
Phil Davis,
James Stewart,
Matt Buntine,
Will Hoskin-Elliott

Out:
Devon Smith (Knee),
Zac Williams (Hamstring),
Curtly Hampton (Omitted),
Nick Haynes (Groin),
Rhys Palmer (Hamstring)

Well informed Hawks bandwagoner posters.:rolleyes:

Perhaps you should be concerned about peaking too early..

LOL yeah - he's way off the mark. Not many changes at all.

Going to be an interesting game, to see what freo do strategically with a few players - expect a few different player positions to what we expect normally from freo.

Freo will be wanting to seriously be building some form from here and won't be taking GWS lightly - probably going to be a tough day for GWS - Freo do actually have some talented depth and all vying to make the team leading into the finals, with a few top 22 players to come back as well. Once they get MJohnson back can see the Freo midfield really fire up again, they have been relied on too much recently for defense and rebound limiting there fwd ability a little as well as mid output. I see Freo debuting Weller and Mzungu back in, but then they have brought back Dawson who is a pure tall defender whilst Taberner dropped. Hmmmmmm Alex Pearce forward for some time (they'd never put dawson fwd and ibbotson and McP are too vital to the defensive structure)? to try that out (and for some fwd experience which is always great from a defenders point of view and vice versa etc). Have been very impressed with Alex Pearce in his debut games this year - cool head and great decision making - potentially a great KPP (could take McP's role when he retires.

LOL yeah - he's way off the mark. Not many changes at all.

Going to be an interesting game, to see what freo do strategically with a few players - expect a few different player positions to what we expect normally from freo.

Freo will be wanting to seriously be building some form from here and won't be taking GWS lightly - probably going to be a tough day for GWS - Freo do actually have some talented depth and all vying to make the team leading into the finals, with a few top 22 players to come back as well. Once they get MJohnson back can see the Freo midfield really fire up again, they have been relied on too much recently for defense and rebound limiting there fwd ability a little as well as mid output. I see Freo debuting Weller and Mzungu back in, but then they have brought back Dawson who is a pure tall defender whilst Taberner dropped. Hmmmmmm Alex Pearce forward for some time (they'd never put dawson fwd and ibbotson and McP are too vital to the defensive structure)? to try that out (and for some fwd experience which is always great from a defenders point of view and vice versa etc). Have been very impressed with Alex Pearce in his debut games this year - cool head and great decision making - potentially a great KPP (could take McP's role when he retires.

Relax. You'll live longer.

Good to see that Pickett will be able to go and see some family and friends. Looking forward to seeing him and Ahern debut soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you guys know how bad the Devon smith and Williams injuries are by any chance?

Do you guys know how bad the Devon smith and Williams injuries are by any chance?
Both only listed as test in the injury report earlier in the week.

Williams apparently played with the hamstring soreness last week but couldn't back up this week. Haven't seen more on Smith myself.

Both only listed as test in the injury report earlier in the week.

Williams apparently played with the hamstring soreness last week but couldn't back up this week. Haven't seen more on Smith myself.

Thanks, didn't even see they were on the injury list.

Appreciate it:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back