May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
LINEUPS
freovhawks.png

Fremantle have unfortunately omitted 2 of our promising youngsters for drowning their sorrows not meeting team requirements. Thankfully there's 2 more promising youngsters to pull on the boots this weekend!
Hawks have also made 2 changes, omitting 2 players I've never heard of before, to play 2 more players I've never heard of before (including a debutant).

LAST FIVE TIMES

R8, 2016, Hawthorn 17.14 (116) d Fremantle 11.9 (75) at Uni of Tasmania Stadium
1PF, 2015, Hawthorn 15.4 (94) d Fremantle 10.7 (67) at Domain Stadium
R15, 2015, Hawthorn 17.13 (115) d Fremantle 6.7 (43) at Uni of Tasmania Stadium
R21, 2014, Fremantle 17.8 (110) d Hawthorn 13.13 (91) at Domain Stadium
R3, 2014, Hawthorn 21.11 (137) d Fremantle 11.13 (79) at the MCG

POINTS OF INTEREST
- Fremantle have been the better team of 2017, sitting a lofty 12th in a rebuild year, whereas the Hawks, after using 2 years worth of draft picks for another tilt at the flag are a lowly 13th.

- In the past year, both teams have had major retirements, with their greatest player leaving each club.
Freo lost the nose and guns of Matthew Pavlich:
Pavlich.jpg

Hawthorn lost the flowing locks of Jesus Matt Spangher:
Matt+Spangher+DH1YaItCcmRm.jpg

- Both teams have changed captains too. Brownlow Medalist, 2x MVP, 2x Doig Medalist, 2x All Australian, newly crowned highest player in the comp (possibly), and owner of the sexiest post-ceremony photo ever taken, Nathan Fyfe, has been voted in by his adoring team mates to take on the role at Freo.
After Luke Hodge had to step aside for being such a good gosh darn bloke, the Hawks put their gingerest player, Jarryd Roughead into the captaincy.

- The 2013 grand final has now disappeared off the list of last 5 games!

- I got thrown in the deep end creating this preview at the last minute!

PREDICTION
Freo by all the goals

Last edited:
Hopefully we beat hawthorn who are our bogey team.

They were the one team we just haven't played well against since ross lyon arrived. Weather they made us look bad or we mentally struggled against them and didn't have the belief.

We just never seem to get close to them. And apart from the grand final every other defeat has been by at least 8 or so goals.

In saying that we have always seemed to play them in Tassie so its nice to play them in perth for a change.

Also hayden ballantyne has played hawthorn 9 times and lost all 9 occasions. Saturday could be his last chance to finally beat them.

Meh.

Win... who cares.

Don't mind a competitive loss, but feels like we should win this if we're fair dinkum.

Pick 5 or 7 is much of a muchness, but is clearly better!

Maybe I want a consolation from this match a competative loss is not that bad consider freo need a good pick .

WhiteX is like the revolving door footy player been on their list forever and still not a permanent player.

Suban to Mitchell for a full on lock down tag which will restrict Mitchell to just the 35 handballs and 4 kicks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we've lost this game at selection by refusing to select anything resembling a forward line.

McCarthy coming back after suspension and hasn't been in form most of the year
Kersten who is a resident spud
Ballantyne who has missed most of the year and hasn't been great the last 2 weeks.

Hawks by 30 and Ross Lyon to make some more bullshit excuses/attempt to pull the wool over the eyes of everyone.

Nice to play Hawthorn here for a change. Still think we'll lose unfortunately.

I think you guys will get the chocolates. Hawthorn are playing well but are essentially out of the running for the finals so there's no motivation anymore and Fremantle at home is never an easy task.

The Dockers have unearthed some very talented young players recently. Brennan Cox has been good since coming in as has Darcy in the ruck.

Hopefully Brad Hill makes the All-Australian team. He's had a super year.

I could have sworn he was in the 2014 team when we beat them at Subi?

Nah he didnt play in that game cant remember why.

Maybe he got suspended the week before as we played in geelong the night mundy missed after the siren and that was a fiery game from memory with a lot of off the ball stuff.

I think you guys will get the chocolates. Hawthorn are playing well but are essentially out of the running for the finals so there's no motivation anymore and Fremantle at home is never an easy task.

The Dockers have unearthed some very talented young players recently. Brennan Cox has been good since coming in as has Darcy in the ruck.

Hopefully Brad Hill makes the All-Australian team. He's had a super year.
Unfortunately Brennan Cox and Luke Ryan decided to have a drink after the game on Sunday and have been dropped as a result. Bit harsh but yeah.

Who is Freo running as their backup ruck ?.

Johnno, Fyfe, Kersten ?.

Ballas, and he will be very effective, he is that annoying that he will drive the opposition ruck nuts (or alternatively just hit him there)

Ballas, and he will be very effective, he is that annoying that he will drive the opposition ruck nuts (or alternatively just hit him there)

And Ballas will be resting at CHF. Going to this game expecting nothing more than a glorified training drill and a few beers, ok a lot of beer if it's a rubbish as last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back