Game Day Round 18 Freo v Hawks @ Subi 5:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching the game, you're wrong.

Our midfield isn't getting smashed. We just can't score. Just like every week.

If our midfield was getting smashed we wouldn't have had roughly the same # of inside 50s of Hawthorn has. The difference is that they score when they go inside 50 nearly twice as often as we do.
And who delivers the ball when we go inside fifty?....why haven't they turned such dominance into scores?...outside Fyfe name a midfielder who's won his position?

They've had numbers behind the ball all night we've had the extras around the contest ,naturally we re going to have better stat numbers....your right we can't score ....and for a lot of that I put it on our midfield

Agree, they always blame our midfield even though we have a very strong midfield. People will find any excuse other than the obvious one.

We currently have the equivalent of two good midfielders less possession than the other team.

Who do you reckon is not getting the ball?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The positive, we won't get rid of the rest of the deadwood like Spurr, Suban etc. unless we have games like this. If it wasn't for our losses in the first 2 games Pearce and co would still be running around.

The most frustrating thing for me is that it's hard to see us playing much better next year.

How many years will the fans put up with this boring losing game style.
We'll gel more which should make a positive difference.

Yep - they are on holidays already .. chip kicks to stationery targets ... over and over

Well I'm certainly not gonna praise him on 42 points near the end of the game. And Jedi, I don't care much for what you say either. I notice that you didn't take offence with the poster who I quoted, instead you just troll me.

You bag Ross constantly. Freo don't have a forward line like the crows. Not even close.

You think other coaches would have us kicking big scores? Get a clue

We currently have the equivalent of two good midfielders less possession than the other team.

That's because Ross only teaches then to win contested ball. We lose the same way and always get smashed in uncontested possession.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn play a high possession game. They kick it around to each other to make you defend.

Total possessions is not a good indicator. Inside 50s is. It's your midfield who put the ball inside 50.

I'm watching the game, you're wrong.

Our midfield isn't getting smashed. We just can't score. Just like every week.

If our midfield was getting smashed we wouldn't have had roughly the same # of inside 50s of Hawthorn has. The difference is that they score when they go inside 50 nearly twice as often as we do.

We are a badly coached side with a bad game plan. Our midfield is competitive but we can't turn that into scoring shots.
And possession numbers stats boy?...how's our midfield going there??

You bag Ross constantly. Freo don't have a forward line like the crows. Not even close.

You think other coaches would have us kicking big scores? Get a clue

Hawthorn have a forward line of Roughhead and nobodies but they score nearly twice as often as we do per i50 entry.

The problem is not our players, it's our game plan.

Lyon gets bagged constantly because he does the same thing every week.

If he tried something different maybe we'd stop bagging him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back