Preview Round 18 - Good vs Evil, Sunday 1:10pm @ MCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hand Parsons games vs the hawks, paleez what bulls**t comment is that. I'm liking Parsons this yr and how the MC are actually rewarding him w games in the afl side. Last couple of yrs, for some reason they were gifting him....more so because of lesser competition for him to fight for a snr spot. He's maturing the right way, it seems.
Parsons has been close to the best player in the VFL this year so (according to reports) i don't get the handed games comments either... Simpson has to be close to getting a game you would think

Parsons in again. We seem to hand him games against the hawks. Is it a speed thing? Hope he can win some of the ball!
in the bests every week in VFL
HASN'T PLAYED IN A LOSS at senior level...

Vfl. Not afl. And we have players in our afl team who would be earning below or not much above 200 thousand. Atkins, miers, clark, rohan etc. Henderson is also probably earning over 500 thousand a year
So who are these Depth players ..... And no 1st or second years players don't count you can't expect all of them to be playing as a good depth player

Name some 23+ year olds on less than 200k not on rookie/Draft contracts

Last edited:
Vfl. Not afl. And we have players in our afl team who would be earning below or not much above 200 thousand. Atkins, miers, clark, rohan etc. Henderson is also probably earning over 500 thousand a year
I think Rohan would be well north of that, Sydney having dumped him to free up space, and paying his salary.

I will put my hand up and admit that no way no I wanted Parsons to play for us this year. But his form in the VFL has been great compare years gone pass were we handed him games not deserving them.
His 2 games this against Sun's and Swans were good, and to be fair he didn't deserve to be dropped, but when the Goat comes in that fair enough.
His best game for Geelong was against Hawthorn when we won by 80odd points.
Hope he goes good on Sunday and proves alot of us on here wrong ( including myself )

We
Hand Parsons games vs the hawks, paleez what bulls**t comment is that. I'm liking Parsons this yr and how the MC are actually rewarding him w games in the afl side. Last couple of yrs, for some reason they were gifting him....more so because of lesser competition for him to fight for a snr spot. He's maturing the right way, it seems.
well not handed games I should say, but selected specifically against hawks . Why not last week or the weeks prior if he has been so good at vfl level. We’ve waited until hawks....

If that’s the case why not every week?
Healthy competition for spots, coming along slowly and surely, being tested in his more appropriate positions- attacking outside mid and hbf.

Im hoping the Hawks bring aggression to this one. We need a hard and tough encounter to start to prepare us for finals. Its a shame we do not play the likes of Collingwood / Rich / WCE in run into finals as a big fear for me is we do not get enough finals like games in the run in. 2 games clear but not really sure where we stand.

Im hoping the Hawks bring aggression to this one. We need a hard and tough encounter to start to prepare us for finals. Its a shame we do not play the likes of Collingwood / Rich / WCE in run into finals as a big fear for me is we do not get enough finals like games in the run in. 2 games clear but not really sure where we stand.
Looking at our opponents over the final 6 h&a games, it would appear that only the Swans & Blues aren't in genuine contention to play finals, but the Blues are in some good form of late - since Teague took over as coach the Blues have won 3 games & their 2 losses are by a combined 8 points. Not sure our Rnd 23 game against them will necessarily be a walk over.

The Hawks, Dockers & North are all still pushing to play finals. We need to remember the Dockers game is in Perth, off a 6-day break after we play the Swans at the SCG; so not taking that as being too easy.

We also have a third interstate game in Brisbane against the finals bound Lions.

I'm thinking the opposite in that rather than not having enough finals like games, that we don't actually have that many "easy" games and we will need to be switched on for every game leading into the finals. I'm glad for the 2-game buffer at the top of the ladder because it may give us the opportunity to rest any sore bodies leading into finals that we wouldn't necessarily be able to do otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else thinking that Tuohy is a liability right now?
Our best footy was early in the year with Clark back there. Tuohy is offering nothing offensively and should have been caught holding the ball several times last week.

Our best footy was early in the year with Clark back there. Tuohy is offering nothing offensively and should have been caught holding the ball several times last week.

No not at the minute,he’s just getting back to his high level form. Early on maybe but not now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ive liked tuohys games. Dont get all the negativity. Expectations bias i guess.

Brisbane in Brisbane will be a huge test.

I think Rohan would be well north of that, Sydney having dumped him to free up space, and paying his salary.
That would be crazy if true.
So who are these Depth players ..... And no 1st or second years players don't count you can't expect all of them to be playing as a good depth player

Name some 23+ year olds on less than 200k not on rookie/Draft contracts
why do they have to be over 23? Why cant we use 20-23 year olds as depth?

We could of kept menzel, murdoch, thurlow as depth players. All under 200 thousand a year and all good depth players. Lincoln Mccarthy and zac smith are others who make good depth players. Atkins does as well. We also are using abbott, parsons and fort as depth players. Those three are ordinary but for some reason rank ahead of selwood and henderson because they have actually got game time. Every other club would have atleast 5 good depth players on around of less then 200 thousand. Very few would be paying 400 thousand plus to players who are just vfl players. Can you name depth players earning that much from other clubs?

I think we will actually have a few games which will be a lot more competitive than what we thought they would be at the start of the year. Both North Melbourne and Carlton are playing a hell of a lot better under new coaches, and although we should beat both, they both will be up for the fight. We also have Brisbane up there, who are probably the form side of the competition at the moment and have some very handy scalps under their belt this year. And who the hell knows which Fremantle side we'll come against in Perth in a few weeks?

That would be crazy if true.

why do they have to be over 23? Why cant we use 20-23 year olds as depth?

We could of kept menzel, murdoch, thurlow as depth players. All under 200 thousand a year and all good depth players. Lincoln Mccarthy and zac smith are others who make good depth players. Atkins does as well. We also are using abbott, parsons and fort as depth players. Those three are ordinary but for some reason rank ahead of selwood and henderson because they have actually got game time. Every other club would have atleast 5 good depth players on around of less then 200 thousand. Very few would be paying 400 thousand plus to players who are just vfl players. Can you name depth players earning that much from other clubs?
I don't pay much attention to other clubs but Menzel,Murdoch and Thrulow would of all been above 200k Atkins could count if he wasn't on a draft contract will he still be below 200k when he isn't same with Miers,Clark etc

They don't have to be 23 and over but most depth players as you call them are more in the 23-30 range.

If you had said under 300k i would have agreed with you most players on 200k or less would be draftees/rookies or long term projects most of the players who would be considered depth would be between 200k-300k with some even up to 400k

Couldn't agree more. I think you'll get your wish re the Hawks too. They'll be up for this in a big way. That's a very good thing for us. You're right, it's a shame we can't get to play the Tigers or Pies again before finals, but this game will have to do.

I don't know if we're genuine contenders or not, all I know is we have put ourselves in a position to give it a real shake and there will be no excuses for a poor finals showing. We have the opportunity to play all of our finals in Victoria. Destiny is in our own hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back