Preview Round 18 - Good vs Evil, Sunday 1:10pm @ MCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else thinking that Tuohy is a liability right now?
Our best footy was early in the year with Clark back there. Tuohy is offering nothing offensively and should have been caught holding the ball several times last week.

Agree. But we're in the minority I'm afraid. I hope to be proven wrong, but I suspect we will see Tuohy look shaky on the big stage against a Pies or Tigers outfit applying manic and relentless pressure. I hope I'm wrong. The fact he hasn't had a pre-season certainly hasn't helped. I've always seen him as one of those good H&A players, but maybe can't handle the finals pressure. We've had a few of those guys the last few years and our finals record is reflective of that.

Couldn't agree more. I think you'll get your wish re the Hawks too. They'll be up for this in a big way. That's a very good thing for us. You're right, it's a shame we can't get to play the Tigers or Pies again before finals, but this game will have to do.

I don't know if we're genuine contenders or not, all I know is we have put ourselves in a position to give it a real shake and there will be no excuses for a poor finals showing. We have the opportunity to play all of our finals in Victoria. Destiny is in our own hands.
You don't know if we're genuine contenders..2 games clear on top? i hope supporters of orher teams don't read our boards.

You don't know if we're genuine contenders..2 games clear on top? i hope supporters of orher teams don't read our boards.

Well...I guess it sounds bad doesn't it. Technically speaking we are for the very reason you mentioned. But lets be honest, we have finished top 2/4 several times the last few years and haven't even made a Grand Final. We have performed really well in the H&A but haven't been able to get it done when it matters for various reasons.

Until we can reverse that trend, I reserve the right to be a bit sceptical regarding our finals prospects. Finals is a different ball game and we haven't been able to take our game to the required level in recent times. Hopefully this year is different and we can reverse that trend. Time will tell.

in the bests every week in VFL
HASN'T PLAYED IN A LOSS at senior level...

That may be true but unfortunately the VFL is about his standard, lots of players shine there but can't produce at the next level.

Well...I guess it sounds bad doesn't it. Technically speaking we are for the very reason you mentioned. But lets be honest, we have finished top 2/4 several times the last few years and haven't even made a Grand Final. We have performed really well in the H&A but haven't been able to get it done when it matters for various reasons.

Until we can reverse that trend, I reserve the right to be a bit sceptical regarding our finals prospects. Finals is a different ball game and we haven't been able to take our game to the required level in recent times. Hopefully this year is different and we can reverse that trend. Time will tell.

Logical way of looking at it to be honest, the only way we'll get that monkey off our back is by (at the very least) making it through to a GF.

That may be true but unfortunately the VFL is about his standard, lots of players shine there but can't produce at the next level.

Logical way of looking at it to be honest, the only way we'll get that monkey off our back is by (at the very least) making it through to a GF.

Yep. Most in the media and many supporters who barrack for other clubs are also very sceptical regarding our finals prospects. It's fair enough. Until we prove otherwise (when it counts), there will be serious question marks whether we can stand up to September football. I'm hoping we can, but it remans to be seen. Tomorrow is another great opportunity to perform well at the MCG against a decent team, I'm looking forward to seeing how we perform. We have performed quite well at the 'G this year, that gives me some hope.

It's hard to believe that Rohan is getting less than the AFL average wage of c.$370,000.
Its hard to believe a person who averages less then 10 touches a game, less then 1 goal and only 2.5 tackles a game over 8 seasons and is highly injury prone earns less then the afl average? Are you serious?

Starting to feel like he should just have the rest of the year off. In and out way too often. He's important but he and the side are not get the continuity needed.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 Plus using Tapatalk
Maybe bring him back for the Freo game so he gets a couple off then a couple in. He's a weapon when firing

Adelaide were clear they were going to match any offer and force a trade.

Adelaide played hardball cos thry knew we would not give him a million dollar plus deal a year. If we did like other clubs who pay overs for free agents then i highly doubt they would of matched.

Its hard to believe a person who averages less then 10 touches a game, less then 1 goal and only 2.5 tackles a game over 8 seasons and is highly injury prone earns less then the afl average? Are you serious?
He's getting what he got at Sydney, and it would definitely be the average or better.
Although apparently Sydney dudded him on some of his incentives when he moved to Geelong - it seems somebody didn't look closely enough at his new contract.

Looking at our opponents over the final 6 h&a games, it would appear that only the Swans & Blues aren't in genuine contention to play finals, but the Blues are in some good form of late - since Teague took over as coach the Blues have won 3 games & their 2 losses are by a combined 8 points. Not sure our Rnd 23 game against them will necessarily be a walk over.

The Hawks, Dockers & North are all still pushing to play finals. We need to remember the Dockers game is in Perth, off a 6-day break after we play the Swans at the SCG; so not taking that as being too easy.

We also have a third interstate game in Brisbane against the finals bound Lions.

I'm thinking the opposite in that rather than not having enough finals like games, that we don't actually have that many "easy" games and we will need to be switched on for every game leading into the finals. I'm glad for the 2-game buffer at the top of the ladder because it may give us the opportunity to rest any sore bodies leading into finals that we wouldn't necessarily be able to do otherwise.
Ok spec moderator! Are your posts more valued now that you have been given the title of spec moderator??? Haha

So my thinking is that once we have assured ourselves of finishing top (assuming we do) we will start resting blokes, wouldn't be surprised to see a very second rate Geelong side for our last couple of games of the year especially the final round against Carlton. On the other hand if we crumble and drop down the ladder (cant see it happening) then best 22 will play every game. There are no easy games these days and I am expecting us to at least lose 1 maybe even 2 games from our last 6, I hope no more, Hawks this week will be tough, dont let ladder position fool you as they are still a quality outfit.
Presumptuous to be locking in top spot given our form. And by the time we do lock it in we'd be playing with continuity running into finals. Top 4 will do especially considering a home final is more or less ruled out. Now is the window to rest

Looking at our opponents over the final 6 h&a games, it would appear that only the Swans & Blues aren't in genuine contention to play finals, but the Blues are in some good form of late - since Teague took over as coach the Blues have won 3 games & their 2 losses are by a combined 8 points. Not sure our Rnd 23 game against them will necessarily be a walk over.

The Hawks, Dockers & North are all still pushing to play finals. We need to remember the Dockers game is in Perth, off a 6-day break after we play the Swans at the SCG; so not taking that as being too easy.

We also have a third interstate game in Brisbane against the finals bound Lions.

I'm thinking the opposite in that rather than not having enough finals like games, that we don't actually have that many "easy" games and we will need to be switched on for every game leading into the finals. I'm glad for the 2-game buffer at the top of the ladder because it may give us the opportunity to rest any sore bodies leading into finals that we wouldn't necessarily be able to do otherwise.
That’s a fair point(s). I guess I mean tested by the best but yes some tricky fixtures which is good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Presumptuous to be locking in top spot given our form. And by the time we do lock it in we'd be playing with continuity running into finals. Top 4 will do especially considering a home final is more or less ruled out. Now is the window to rest

Didn’t say we would i said assuming we do, and our form has been like every other side in the top 8, all over the place, look at pies today, another team we can put daylight between tomorrow if we win.

Couldn't agree more. I think you'll get your wish re the Hawks too. They'll be up for this in a big way. That's a very good thing for us. You're right, it's a shame we can't get to play the Tigers or Pies again before finals, but this game will have to do.

I don't know if we're genuine contenders or not, all I know is we have put ourselves in a position to give it a real shake and there will be no excuses for a poor finals showing. We have the opportunity to play all of our finals in Victoria. Destiny is in our own hands.

Brisbane might end up second at end of this round so my guess is that game will be the equivalent-I hope- of the Port game 2007.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not really this year. Only the odd one. Not like last year when it was most weeks.
Scotty said Scooter would play in the next month about 2 weeks ago. They need to give him a run in case we need him in the finals due to injuries.

Anyone else thinking that Tuohy is a liability right now?
Our best footy was early in the year with Clark back there. Tuohy is offering nothing offensively and should have been caught holding the ball several times last week.

Yeah, I posted something similar. He hasn't quite come back to the form he was in last year. He needs to keep it simple, I think.

go here

"this is not the thread you are looking for"

*waves hand*

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back