Autopsy Round 18: Hawks skin the Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure on protocols over here but just dropping by to say well done to the hawks and thank you for an entertaining afternoon. Enjoy!

Be also assured that Richmond will thump the corio fools if and when we meet in finals. For the good of football ;)

Until then, i leave you all with the following prediction from the Tigers board as to the next 2 months for the cats......

tenor (6).gif

I thought Nash was fine good decoy work and brought it to ground when needed.

I like having so many tall mobile options. Gunston, Sicily (plays tall), TOB, Lewis, Nash. Suddenly we are winning the battle in the air.

Plenty said about who played well but I’m putting this win right in the hands of Clarko & the coaching staff.

Shuffled the deck beautifully!
Howe off half back.
Wingard more midfield.
The persistence with our contested marking talls.
Shiels on Danger
Rebound football through the middle...

Clarko must be happy with the defensive structures & looks to be implementing the Hawks finals model.

Watch out September if we make the 8

Mate, when was the last time you saw Taylor have so little aerial impact against us? How efficient was our forward line? Nash might not be getting the stats but he's so bloody vital to our team. Since he's been back in we've gone 3/1 with our loss being a game we should have won against West Coast.

I thought that

was at the game today so not sure if it was on tv but did anyone see Isaac Smith dancing around behind the mark?

Not entirely sure if it was effective but all the cats players missed when he did it, was pretty funny.
He has been doing it all year.

Mate, when was the last time you saw Taylor have so little aerial impact against us? How efficient was our forward line? Nash might not be getting the stats but he's so bloody vital to our team. Since he's been back in we've gone 3/1 with our loss being a game we should have won against West Coast.
Was amazing

Not sure on protocols over here but just dropping by to say well done to the hawks and thank you for an entertaining afternoon. Enjoy!

Be also assured that Richmond will thump the corio fools if and when we meet in finals. For the good of football ;)

Until then, i leave you all with the following prediction from the Tigers board as to the next 2 months for the cats......

View attachment 712752
Ducking it's head, playing for frees. That's real Geelong. .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From a team perspective, the most pleasing thing was our ability to kick a proper winning score for the second week running.

From an individual perspective, it was to see the confidence of O'Brien growing again. He's unstoppable if allowed to jump, and he's won the confidence of his teammates now. Hopefully they'll now bomb it in his direction rather than Poppy's.

After your earlier reference about him halving contests I took note to watch and see. He lost 1 contest, all others the ball came to ground. He is doing a simple job with great effect. Hopefully other aspects to his game can develop.

Honestly I'd like to see him dominate at Box Hill for a time before playing him regularly in the seniors. Others have played better back there yet aren't being given games like Nash is.

He has all the physical tools needed to become a top player, but he just doesn't have the nous yet, which he can't be blamed for.
It's tough because some blokes kill at Box Hill and fail dismally with the step up, others do the opposite.

We've no real alternatives to play ahead of Nash. Schoey has been injured and we'll, that's it if Clarko wants a bigger body

It's tough because some blokes kill at Box Hill and fail dismally with the step up, others do the opposite.

We've no real alternatives to play ahead of Nash. Schoey has been injured and we'll, that's it if Clarko wants a bigger body

Some blokes don't benefit playing in the VFL at all. Clarko wants Nash playing a completely different role at AFL level to the one he gets to play in the VFL. He's playing that fine, we're winning, and throwing him back at this point won't help.

If we waited for players to dominate at VFL level we wouldn't have seen Hardwick come into the AFL side back in 2016.

Just back from the long drive home.... having sat there with my Cats mate (known to those of you from Beyond the Border thread), his Cats wife and 3 Cats kids.

Terrific day.

Shiels awesome in his big game.

Lewis - oh yeah. Stand by my calls from earlier in the year and when he got dropped. Just keep playing him. He's starting to believe.

Timmy O - not a lot of touches but a lot of impact. He's starting to believe.

What a great game. Really controlled it all day. Challenged a few times and could be forgiven for thinking here we go (because I know I did), but steadied well and responded every time. Got lucky when they sprayed all those shots before 3/4 time but having said that we kicked 9 points in the second and it could have been game over.

Only one downer and what a big one it is..... fingers crossed for Impey. Haven't heard anything yet about the seriousness but fingers crossed.

After your earlier reference about him halving contests I took note to watch and see. He lost 1 contest, all others the ball came to ground. He is doing a simple job with great effect. Hopefully other aspects to his game can develop.

Draws a crowd with his height and mobility which frees up our other forwards. This stint in the senior side is definitely a step up from earlier in the year. I will be very interested to watch his development over the next 12 months

Remove this Banner Ad

Back