Autopsy Round 18: Hawks skin the Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Frawley has lots of games like that. Just sometimes he has the odd clanger so that of course makes him the worst player of all time in the eyes of posters who need whipping boys.

I reckon Frawley will finish top 5 in the best & fairest. The stats don’t reflect it but he’s had a very good year. He’s only been beaten once.

I tell you what... as much as I hate Geelong and Danger is a smug figjam, he is a real generational player, he didn’t play his best footy yesterday but he is a clear level above anyone else on the ground. He has that perfect blend of size and power, his strength through his quads/glutes and hips is unlike we’ve ever seen before, he is a beauty to watch. In saying that, we handled what he dished up and controlled the flow of the game, that last tackle by Howey was poetry in motion.

My hat goes off to the fumbling old timbolina, now is solidifying himself as a genuine AFL footballer and I am loving it. Nothing better than when a HFC player turns it around and gives you the big finger, I have no doubt been critical but I am happy to acknowledge that he has done what I thought he couldn’t... become a consistent and high level performer.

The knock on Lewis was more to do with the fact he played as a ruckman at Calder, he was just an average to good one at that, certainly not draftable as one. Our club saw a key forward there, some handy tools to work with and credit must be given to the club to develop him but also to Mitch for working relentlessly on his craft.

Mitch is 20, make no mistake he is a 500+ career goal kicker.

I tell you what... as much as I hate Geelong and Danger is a smug figjam, he is a real generational player, he didn’t play his best footy yesterday but he is a clear level above anyone else on the ground. He has that perfect blend of size and power, his strength through his quads/glutes and hips is unlike we’ve ever seen before, he is a beauty to watch. In saying that, we handled what he dished up and controlled the flow of the game, that last tackle by Howey was poetry in motion.

My hat goes off to the fumbling old timbolina, now is solidifying himself as a genuine AFL footballer and I am loving it. Nothing better than when a HFC player turns it around and gives you the big finger, I have no doubt been critical but I am happy to acknowledge that he has done what I thought he couldn’t... become a consistent and high level performer.

The knock on Lewis was more to do with the fact he played as a ruckman at Calder, he was just an average to good one at that, certainly not draftable as one. Our club saw a key forward there, some handy tools to work with and credit must be given to the club to develop him but also to Mitch for working relentlessly on his craft.

Kudos for being the ITK poster of the week fella.
Nice touch of credit where credit is due just put you over the top.

"My hat goes off to fumbling old timbolina"? Are you taking the piss? I'm not sure why, but you just seem intent on being an absolute prick about the players you dislike and you'll probably call me a snowflake and act attacked for my pointing it out.

"My hat goes off to fumbling old timbolina"? Are you taking the piss? I'm not sure why, but you just seem intent on being an absolute prick about the players you dislike and you'll probably call me a snowflake and act attacked for my pointing it out.

You maybe missed everything he wrote after that statement which was a contrite statement that he’d got it wrong on TOB. The line was likely a pisstake of what tige has said about him in the past, not a pisstake of him now.

You maybe missed everything he wrote after that statement which was a contrite statement that he’d got it wrong on TOB. The line was likely a pisstake of what tige has said about him in the past, not a pisstake of him now.

Yeah sure, if you ignore form and every other post the bloke has ever made.

Yeah sure, if you ignore form and every other post the bloke has ever made.

I’ve read enough of tige’s stuff to know that while he might be rough on certain players he’ll be the first to be man enough to admit he was wrong and that he would rather be wrong and Hawthorn be right.

Geese, didn't Tim O'Brien look the part! Athletic, great mark and having a genuine impact.

Is this as good as he gets or is there some more room to move?
He’s always been rated highly internally at the club and they believe his ceiling is quite high (hence giving him number 23 and their persistence with him). Fingers crossed it’s onwards and upwards...

I’ve read enough of tige’s stuff to know that while he might be rough on certain players he’ll be the first to be man enough to admit he was wrong and that he would rather be wrong and Hawthorn be right.

Yes, yes. That's very manly. Guilty until proven innocent is definitely the way men operate.

It's not admirable to just generally crap on players and backtrack when they actually show something, just so you have the opportunity to say "I told you so" if you turn out to be right - let alone be disparaging about them. That isn't being contrite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, yes. That's very manly. Guilty until proven innocent is definitely the way men operate.

It's not admirable to just generally crap on players and backtrack when they actually show something, just so you have the opportunity to say "I told you so" if you turn out to be right - let alone be disparaging about them. That isn't being contrite.

I disagree. I see a lot of people on this forum s**t on the club, its players and Clarko over and over again and when results prove them wrong they scatter like cockroaches when you turn the light on. I have all the time in the world for people who can admit they got it wrong - it’s insanely rare in this day and age.

I also have time for people who can criticise players beyond ‘they’re s**t’. Tige, like yourself, can provide some decent analysis - which for someone like me who never played the game is really beneficial.

I’ll take posters like the two of you over the vultures who love to vomit their negative spleens all over losing game day and autopsy threads and are nowhere to be seen when we win.

As stated earlier, I loved seeing Wingard in the middle. I’m not going to say he was a world beater - more that he really gelled with Jaegar, Shiels and Worpel. Looked like they had been playing together as a unit for years. It was this cohesion between theM that was almost a bit of a shock.

Wingard is everything but a lazy showy selfish player - as he is often characterised. Played for his team in such a big way and showed huge respect and trust for the abilities of his team mates

The other thing for me was our contested marking. Our aerial superiority was a real weapon yesterday. How good is it to watch too?

Loved our last ten minutes. We have obviously worked on having an extra gear in the last ten after all of those horrible losses early in the year.

Clarko is a football scientist. Sometimes the best thing for Hawthorn with him around is being a bit s**t at something. He uses these moments to develop something great.

As stated earlier, I loved seeing Wingard in the middle. I’m not going to say he was a world beater - more that he really gelled with Jaegar, Shiels and Worpel. Looked like they had been playing together as a unit for years. It was this cohesion between theM that was almost a bit of a shock.

Wingard is everything but a lazy showy selfish player - as he is often characterised. Played for his team in such a big way and showed huge respect and trust for the abilities of his team mates

The other thing for me was our contested marking. Our aerial superiority was a real weapon yesterday. How good is it to watch too?

Loved our last ten minutes. We have obviously worked on having an extra gear in the last ten after all of those horrible losses early in the year.

Clarko is a football scientist. Sometimes the best thing for Hawthorn with him around is being a bit s**t at something. He uses these moments to develop something great.
Better than your usual run of jokes, I like it.

Should do more of it.

2. Did one of the commentators actually criticise Dangerfield for a couple of turnovers? First time I have heard any criticism of him.

I nearly fainted when they stuck up for Sicily and pointed out that the free paid against him for a dangerous tackle was only because it was Sicily.

*speechless*

He’s always been rated highly internally at the club and they believe his ceiling is quite high (hence giving him number 23 and their persistence with him). Fingers crossed it’s onwards and upwards...

With him it’s all in his head. I really feel the last two weeks in particular will help him immensely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back