Autopsy Round 18: Liked, Hated, Learnt

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked:

Crows got the hoodoo off the back in a big way. Smashed Geelong every which way when it counted. Electric atmosphere at the game too
Port losing to another top 8 team
The fact i'll be in a corporate box next weekend for Port's game against St Kilda (Go Saints)
Richmond making a comeback after a putrid first Q. Good for footy to have them up
The fact the Crows have a stranglehold on top 4, if not top 2 now. I have a carton on it from preseason with my boss that we'd make top 4

Learnt:

Sydney are certainly a threat. Not sure if they've used their petrol tickets getting to this stage. Still a bit to play out
GWS not really up to it unless they want to work harder. They seem like they're happy coasting and waiting for success
The Crows do have some trick up their sleeve against god opposition

Hated:

Morris' injury from the Dogs. Terrible
Not much else. Pretty good weekend as a Crow

Liked: The experience at the G, my first for nearly 40 years. It's an interesting comparison with ANZ as really big stadiums. At first look hard to believe it holds more than ANZ. Must be smaller seats.
It lacks the multi level concourses of ANZ and the concrete exit ramps from the upper levels. I've no doubt it's a much cheaper build than ANZ but it's way more practical. Just confirms to me how much over engineered ANZ is. As an AFL ground there's no comparison, the MCG works and ANZ kinda works with issues but it's more than that.

Learnt: Might surprise some but I liked the Richmond crowd. Passionate and one eyed but with some class. It'll be a good day when we have half as many and as commited to us.
Richmond are a very serious top 4 contender. Denial just delays the need for acceptance in my view.

Hated: Didn't like losing much, but nothing really. I keep the faith. We remain inside the top 4 and our season is in the club's hands.

no problem with that. Although I think the crows will end their winning run as they certainly have the tools to dismantle Sydney

GWS had the tools to end Sydney's run. They ended up getting dismantled. I have the Crows and the Swans as even in terms of team depth/talent but Buddy could easily turn a game on its head with 3 touches.

Liked:
Cheers for Trenners

Hated:
Nichols umpiring, get rid of him!

Learnt:
Dees can threaten as we get blokes back in now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked - Melbourne. I thought we did very well to absorb the pressure when Port came back. A Melbourne side of 3 years ago would've lost that. Looking every bit the finals side. Huge 5 weeks to go, so must maintain intensity. Starts again with a bogey team in North this week.

Richmond. Good on them. Top 4. I hope they give the flag a good shake this year. If we don't make it, it'd be good to see the Tigers get there.

Learnt - Sydney are serious premiership challengers. Look across every position on the ground, no weaknesses. Callum Sinclair looks to have ended Kurt Tippetts season and maybe swans career. He looks a good foil for buddy.

Adelaide will be top 2. Along with Sydney they're the two best sides in it.

Hated - Not much really.

Sydney still have to head to Adelaide, Geelong and Melbourne to face the resurgent Hawks..tough call to label then flag favorites at this stage
Yep
I think they'll play finals and have their chance. Probably the two toughest assigments for clubs this year is the Crows and Geelong at home. Unlikely they got all the losses out of the way in the first 6 rounds.

Yep
I think they'll play finals and have their chance. Probably the two toughest assigments for clubs this year is the Crows and Geelong at home. Unlikely they got all the losses out of the way in the first 6 rounds.
Will know where they stand after those two assignments. Even still, if they make a fist of it it'll still be enough. Home and away games aren't the be all and end all.

liked - my team getting down & dirty against a premiership fancy. Didn't think we had it in us, especially at quarter time
learned - be wary of tipping the better side at this time of year when there's nothing to play for. I'm looking at you, Carlton
hated: Montagna going down when racking up season-best numbers for my DT

Last edited:
liked - my team getting down & dirty against a premiership fancy. Didn't thinkl we had it in us, especially at quarter time
learned - be wary of tipping the better side at this time of year when there's nothing to play for. I'm looking at you, Carlton
hated: Montagna going down when racking up season-best numbers for my DT
I have no idea what was said or done at quarter time but it worked miracles that is for sure

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Liked:
The Tiggy Train leaving the station.
Brisbane showing a bit (Go Zork!)
A full Adelaide Oval is a sight!

Learnt:
GWS aren't a shoo-in.
Geelong have some guns, but a lot of passengers when the going gets tough.
The Eagles would be f@cked without Josh Kennedy.

Hated:
My mob not winning. But nothing else.

Liked the games of the new crop of youngsters across the board.
Hated the fact umpires are back spoiling the game, flow on football is one thing but now we are allowed to drop it, throw it, hang onto it and hatch it.
Learnt the fight for the eighth spot is down to 2.

Liked:

Dustin Martin fire
Brisbane Lions heart and class
Rory Sloane monster game

Learnt:

Regardless of what happens people will always doubt the Tigers, yes even their fans.
Toby Greene is a fan of holidays :p

Hated:

Montagna and Dale Morris injuries, surely this is not how two classy careers shall end :(

Oh and pretty sure not a single commentator would know what Montagnas first name is without looking at the team lineups or googling it. Half of them likely think it's Joe :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back