Game Day Round 18 - Melbourne v Hawthorn - MCG - Saturday July 17, 7.25pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine bagging a team 1/2 a game clear on top that had a 7-0 record v other top 8 teams

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

You're allowed to put the poms poms down when we play like this mate, doesn't mean you love the team any less.

Dec 15, 2008
Voyager 1
AFL Club
Melbourne
Oliver just ******* jogging
why can’t we kick a single kick to our forwards like that.

too many players standing hands on hips.

gawn and Clarry both caught out doing that in past few mins
Oliver thinks he is much better player than he really is. He only seems to care about possessions/disposals, and not the quality of them. I reckon about a 1/3rd of his disposals, hurt US. And maybe more than that.

Gawn imv, was too carefree tonight.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Weird he can do that sort of thing this week but last week seemed to have no answers for Freo.
Without wanting to give a clearly disgusting performance an out. I kind of think if the Hawks had gotten closer or even rolled Freo last week that they wouldn’t have had anywhere near the intensity they showed tonight. When bottom sides have got us this year it’s usually been off the back of a horror/sloppy performance or in the case of Collingwood, giving Buckley a send off. A bunch of revved up shitcampaigners vs our bathwater drinkers and you get results like Adelaide, Collingwood, GWS or Hawthorn.

Imagine bagging a team 1/2 a game clear on top that had a 7-0 record v other top 8 teams

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

We've played like s**t in 4 out of 5 games since round 13. Not sure what you're so pumped about. We're hardly in amazing form despite out ladder position.

Dec 15, 2008
Voyager 1
AFL Club
Melbourne
I honestly don't see us winning the flag this year. We are too inconsistent. I hate saying this but tonight confirmed it.
We're not dominant enough over opponents. We don't smash them with enough aggression, we simply play with a gentle-natured style of game.

Salem is too passive, and never ever sprints, and so he doesn't get the required time and space, if a fumble occurs.

Oliver is just a flippant player, who flicks the ball around head high, or at the ankles. A lazy player who doesn't sprint to chase. never goes over 3/4tr pace in chase downs, and is easily convinced to give up the chase. Only cares about disposal numbers full-stop, and doesn't seem to care about creating winning passages of play. He lets others do the hard work defensively.
In reality, Oliver is not a complete team player. Selfish.

Last edited:
May 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I think because our game style is built on midfield and fwd pressure, it goes to water when the team isn’t “all in” like they have been for the big occasions. It’s not an efficient style by any means.

I like Luke Jackson and he's played some good games in patches this year but boy, when he struggles he struggles.

1 mark tonight, from god knows how many marking attempts. 7 disposals.

Trys hard but mis-coached IMO. I don't know the solution but we need to be smarter in how we use him and improve his effectiveness in marking contests, particularly tapping to advantage.
He’s gassed. Needs a week but we haven’t managed the young guys too well this year

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
1. Get Clarko as a 'senior assistant'
2. Goody continues to coach from the bench
3. Due to soft cap cuts goody has to perform more jobs on the bench
4. Goody starts taking runner duties, or as I like to call it 'On-field coaching'.
5. Clarko officially promoted to coach, goody demoted to full time runner.

See: 'The Switch' episode of Seinfeld for reference.
Any plan based on a Seinfeld episode is a yes from me.

He’s gassed. Needs a week but we haven’t managed the young guys too well this year
He does look like a week's rest would help but some decision making as well..

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Geez I hate this club. How can a team be so bloody unreliable. The game was there to be won in the 2nd quarter and we squandered it and let them back into the game. Typical f$%^ing Melbourne! Most likely miss out on top 4 now. Most likely 6th spot too if results fall the way of the favourites in each game. Bring on 2022. oh and trade Viney. Learn how to kick the ball you mutt

mores

Team Captain
Sep 22, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Geez I hate this club. How can a team be so bloody unreliable. The game was there to be won in the 2nd quarter and we squandered it and let them back into the game. Typical f$%^ing Melbourne! Most likely miss out on top 4 now. Most likely 6th spot too if results fall the way of the favourites in each game. Bring on 2022. oh and trade Viney. Learn how to kick the ball you mutt
People are quick to drop off after a poor performance but we are still on top of the ladder. You don't win premierships in July.

Dec 18, 2002
demonwiki.org
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon, Atlanta Braves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back