Game Day Round 18 - Melbourne v Hawthorn - MCG - Saturday July 17, 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Midfield was smashed mostly. When they did get it they bombed it long or did useless Hollywood crap.

Agree. As much as the team talks about being selfless they are still very prone to believing their own hype and paying no respect to their opponents.

Regardless of the result, the lack of composure from our players in the last 5 mins was concerning. A goal up and we're frantically bombing to contests that we haven't won all night. Where's the sense to kick sideways or backwards in order to soak some time and spread their defence?
Especially when Gawn was clearly stuffed and our connection between talls and smalls was ordinary all night. Lever complete lack of awareness with that kick.

Imagine 6-7 years ago being pissed that we were only 1/2 game clear top of the ladder with 5 games to go

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Imagine a side sitting 1/2 a game clear losing to/not beating bottom 4 teams for fun....unheard of surely?

If Goodwin had just replaced half of the squad for the games with those bottom teams, I suspect it would have been better results.

Yeah incoming home final at metricon infront of 14 people
I’d still like to win some finals under whatever circumstances but it just looks like bleh ATM.

Maybe 2022 will be a marvellous year in every way. I feel like I’ve been saying stuff like this the past 5 years. I’m owed at this point surely

clarko did well to plan for us in this game. Identified all the things that we were likely to do and made them difficult at every turn.

Interesting that he’s the guy they would like to move on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

clarko did well to plan for us in this game. Identified all the things that we were likely to do and made them difficult at every turn.

Interesting that he’s the guy they would like to move on

Weird he can do that sort of thing this week but last week seemed to have no answers for Freo.

Weird he can do that sort of thing this week but last week seemed to have no answers for Freo.
Yeah I would like to have played against last week Hawks. Maybe their is literally no science to this s**t and there are just a group of four massive footy gods rolling dice or something

I like Luke Jackson and he's played some good games in patches this year but boy, when he struggles he struggles.

1 mark tonight, from god knows how many marking attempts. 7 disposals.

Trys hard but mis-coached IMO. I don't know the solution but we need to be smarter in how we use him and improve his effectiveness in marking contests, particularly tapping to advantage.

Goody-->Clarko succession plan?

1. Get Clarko as a 'senior assistant'
2. Goody continues to coach from the bench
3. Due to soft cap cuts goody has to perform more jobs on the bench
4. Goody starts taking runner duties, or as I like to call it 'On-field coaching'.
5. Clarko officially promoted to coach, goody demoted to full time runner.

See: 'The Switch' episode of Seinfeld for reference.

I get what you are saying, but what positives do you take from that? It was pretty insipid against a team decimated by injury and with a dearth of talent.
Top of the ladder

Beat every top 8 team convincingly.

Relax

People are disappointed by a sh*t performance, how dare they!
Perspective

90% of the population are idiots, remember that

Imagine a side sitting 1/2 a game clear losing to/not beating bottom 4 teams for fun....unheard of surely?
Imagine bagging a team 1/2 a game clear on top that had a 7-0 record v other top 8 teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back