Game Day Round 18, Port Adelaide vs GWS Giants, Sun 24th July, 4.10pm, Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm trying to understand how we had Toby and Scully got fined for foul play in this game. I saw Toby did shove a player who's name I cant be bothered looking up out of bounds, he slipped and went into the fence. I saw on the replay the same player punched Kennedy in the stomach in the initial push and shove. I missed the scully incident but reported as a punch.
They had no reports from the game and this angers me more the half time goal.
Lesson is ride the bumps with grin I guess, or the square up will get punished.
Strange coincidence that there is trouble in most Port games and little in others, except the occasional single incident.
It is Port's way. Bunch of snipers.

It is Port's way. Bunch of snipers.
You got that right! I remember the first "big" game of footy I ever went to. It was Bays versus Magpies at Glenelg oval. The responsible adult who took me told me first thing to know was we hate the Magpies and they play dirty. It was right and I always respected my elders so I've hated them ever since. They haven't changed.

I'm trying to understand how we had Toby and Scully got fined for foul play in this game. I saw Toby did shove a player who's name I cant be bothered looking up out of bounds, he slipped and went into the fence. I saw on the replay the same player punched Kennedy in the stomach in the initial push and shove. I missed the scully incident but reported as a punch.
They had no reports from the game and this angers me more the half time goal.
Lesson is ride the bumps with grin I guess, or the square up will get punished.
Strange coincidence that there is trouble in most Port games and little in others, except the occasional single incident.

You don't think the 50 was there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it was definitely rough, but objectively within the umps authority to give it. IMO.

Well it was definitely rough, but objectively within the umps authority to give it. IMO.

Rough cause it was against us a second before the siren or cause the call was wrong.

For me it was the former. It would have been poor umpiring it it wasn't paid

Rough cause it was against us a second before the siren or cause the call was wrong.

For me it was the former. It would have been poor umpiring it it wasn't paid

Neither, rough becuase it didn't have to be paid, and those things often let go. But like I said within the umps authority. If you wanted to make that point you could have just posted it. It was peripheral at best to my post, and that's why I didn't go into detail.

Neither, rough becuase it didn't have to be paid, and those things often let go. But like I said within the umps authority. If you wanted to make that point you could have just posted it. It was peripheral at best to my post, and that's why I didn't go into detail.

My bad - curious as to why people were so upset with the call so thought I'd ask you since you referenced it.

My bad - curious as to why people were so upset with the call so thought I'd ask you since you referenced it.

Not personal you can post as you wish of course, I dont disagree wih you.Just better run it up the flagpole and see who salutes in my opinion. I suspect on game day people post with their heart and on reflection would see it differently, I know I do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back