Preview 2019 Round 18 - Richmond vs Port Adelaide @ MCG, Saturday July 20, 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great news about nank, but he should absolutely not play this week. VFL for the next 2 weeks and come back in tip top shape for the last 4 games of the season, perfect run in for finals.

Anyone got any news on Ross?, it dropped down to 2-3 weeks and now back up to 3-4.
Don’t trust anything the afl website reports on injuries... they have no idea... only go by what the actual club medicals say.. well at least ours Peter burge tells the truth.. probably here from him tomorrow

back in Rnd 1 when they were playing the highly regarded Melb. , they played a very grubby brand of footy
they did it a again against the Lions but lost it big time by playing the man and not the ball

a win for either side is really important now , getting close to the pointy end

a measure of where the football world sees the two sides , we are $4.75 for the premiership , they are $67

they'll go dirty

we should be belting them in any weather. we beat them with our vfl side on their home deck 10 weeks ago
And that was an incredible win away...Kudos to all involved...shame we could not do the same against the crows...just got pipped...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we should be belting them in any weather. we beat them with our vfl side on their home deck 10 weeks ago
So true we did beat them over there, but remember, the following week Port after copping so much critisism, went on the road over to the West and beat the Eagles.

Last edited:
Great preview, OP, like most Port fans I really needed a good laugh. Sadly I think you're spot on with your prediction, I think we'll be better than last week but not good enough with a margin around 4 goals.

We play the G well, as it suits our "bomb it to the pocket" mantra. Strangely this is the least suitable strategy for the oval on which we play 12 games a year, but you summed that up in Ken's Diary ;).

There wasn't enough respect for your undermanned team at AO earlier this year, I suspect (hope?) with all the heat being applied this week, that won't be an issue on Saturday.

Wines, Ebert, Burton are all out through injury, Dixon pulled up sore at training this morning, Frampton was suspended in the twos, so we're in some disarray. I'd expect to see Houston, Broadbent/Garner, Duursma in. Possibly Marshall for Ebert with Howard dropping back. Can't imagine Sutcliffe plays again. Martin with 45 touches and nary a hand laid on him.

I think the game will be a lot more attractive than last week. There are a number of players (and coaches) on our side with bruised egos, and you guys are in form. Just no more injuries please.

I'd be surprised if Port try to repeat last week's effort on Neale. The tactic was universally condemned and the umpires will jump on any similar attempt at the start. It forces them to beat us with football which, given their outs and the way our side is starting to fit together, should be beyond them. But as other posters have said, a focused Port is no pushover. Wet or dry, I'm expecting a win with a similar margin to our GWS game.

I'd be surprised if Port try to repeat last week's effort on Neale. The tactic was universally condemned and the umpires will jump on any similar attempt at the start. It forces them to beat us with football which, given their outs and the way our side is starting to fit together, should be beyond them. But as other posters have said, a focused Port is no pushover. Wet or dry, I'm expecting a win with a similar margin to our GWS game.
Even the coach has come out and said that was dumb (even if he fell short of actually taking responsibility for it). My hope is that we don't go too much the other way and leave your midfield to do as it pleases.

Oh and all the best to your Jack Higgins. Hope it's not too serious.

Tagging and a bit of pushing/shoving is one thing, but what they did was pathetic. They played the man (which is literally the first thing every footballer is told not to do from a young age) and paid the price.

And for their coach to arrogantly brag about how they were going to do it before the game was even worse.

Hinkley made a name for himself coaching Camperdown, there’s alot’ve mud down there, it’s thoroughbred country with alot of tough dairy farming families and I doubt very much if any of the players from that league would’ve let that crap go on that they tried against Neale.
I don’t think anybody anywhere would think what he asked a few Port players to do can be called an aggressive or a tough brand of football.

It’s very simple Ken.
Whether it’s bush footy or AFL,
If your not good enough to play in the rules the ump will take the ball off you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back