VFL Game Day Round 18: Southport vs Essendon, Fankhauser Reserve, Sunday 24/07/2022 @ 12:05 PM

E

Eyre is no good he has had plenty of time to develop surely delisted
Stop posting. 2 years, one severely COVID affected, for a 85kg KPP is "plenty of time" to develop?

My assessment (I did miss the last 25 minutes though):

#10 Aaron Francis: Good without being great. Shut down Fields for the most part and used it well when he had it.
#12 Tom Cutler: Same as Francis, kicked pretty well from what I saw.
#16 Archie Perkins: Was clearly on managed minutes. A few kicks weren't great and struggled for impact at times.
#17 James Stewart: Extremely influential on the game. Gave us a lot of momentum in the second
#18 Michael Hurley: Was strong in the air and kicked 1 goal and 1 assist. Building from last week.
#24 Nick Bryan: Close to best on and had a great contest with Crossley. Really dominated in the air
#28 Alastair Lord: Think he went off injured early in the second half. Kicked a nice goal on half time.
#31 Zach Reid: Only 5 touches but did a good job in holding players off when Bryan came across to intercept
#32 Josh Eyre: 6 disposals doesn't really reflect his game. Was strong in defence and had a number of strong spoils. Looks much better in defence.
#36 Garrett McDonagh(ue): His kicking was average today but was a good link between the arcs for the most part.
#39 Patrick Voss: Seriously aggressive and a great kick for goal.
#41 Cian McBride: Slowing down as the year goes on. Looks gassed, might need a rest next week
#42 Massimo D'Ambrosio: Looks good across half forward. Kicking is so damaging there.
#47 Jye Menzie: Was seriously good up the field. Getting more strings to his bow. Close to a debut I think.
#49 Tom Hird: For someone who is a really good field kick, his goal kicking is frustratingly poor.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

#10 Aaron Francis: Good without being great. Shut down Fields for the most part and used it well when he had it.
#16 Archie Perkins: Was clearly on managed minutes. A few kicks weren't great and struggled for impact at times.
#17 James Stewart: Extremely influential on the game. Gave us a lot of momentum in the second
#18 Michael Hurley: Was strong in the air and kicked 1 goal and 1 assist. Building from last week.
#24 Nick Bryan: Close to best on and had a great contest with Crossley. Really dominated in the air
#28 Alastair Lord: Think he went off injured early in the second half. Kicked a nice goal on half time.
#31 Zach Reid: Only 5 touches but did a good job in holding players off when Bryan came across to intercept
#32 Josh Eyre: 6 disposals doesn't really reflect his game. Was strong in defence and had a number of strong spoils. Looks much better in defence.
#36 Garrett McDonagh(ue): His kicking was average today but was a good link between the arcs for the most part.
#41 Cian McBride: Slowing down as the year goes on. Looks gassed, might need a rest next week
#42 Massimo D'Ambrosio: Looks good across half forward. Kicking is so damaging there.
#47 Jye Menzie: Was seriously good up the field. Getting more strings to his bow. Close to a debut I think.
#49 Tom Hird: For someone who is a really good field kick, his goal kicking is frustratingly poor.
Thanks mate 🙏

goal kicking wingman

Team Captain
Mar 5, 2007
Windy Hill
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man United
Sounds like excuses to me.
Stop posting cmon Eth we are all allowed our opinion or will you ban me again😑
Sounds like you have not actually put a lot of thought into it.
Sounds like you overate a bloke that struggle to get the aggot and impact the game a bit more. He has some talents but so do most footballers. Been better down back but even the coburg game couldn't get near it.

Stop posting cmon Eth we are all allowed our opinion or will you ban me again😑

Sounds like you overate a bloke that struggle to get the aggot and impact the game a bit more. He has some talents but so do most footballers. Been better down back but even the coburg game couldn't get near it.
I'm not a mod and can't ban you.

You're allowed an opinion. And I'm allowed to call it stupid when it is. Like saying that 2 years for a severely underweight KPP is "plenty of time to develop" when even the worst judges of football know that it isn't, even more so when one was severely COVID affected.

Lads2023

Senior List
Jul 24, 2022
AFL Club
Essendon

Thanks for the write up - who put their hand up to replace ham? 😂

Thanks for the write up - who put their hand up to replace ham? 😂
I've put my preview up as Reid to slot into Redman's spot, Menzie into the forward line and Langford part of the wing rotation with Heppell as sub

Lads2023

Senior List
Jul 24, 2022
AFL Club
Essendon
I've put my preview up as Reid to slot into Redman's spot, Menzie into the forward line and Langford part of the wing rotation with Heppell as sub
Makes sense. I’d personally bring in ambrosio for redman if his match fit. I wouldn’t complain with the selection of Reid though

Makes sense. I’d personally bring in ambrosio for redman if his match fit. I wouldn’t complain with the selection of Reid though
Mass has been more half forward the past couple of weeks and that's pretty much why I'm not on that.

That doesn't mean he can't slot back into the backline.

Surely playing forward in VFL is just adding a few strings to his bow.
Probably, but I guess we'll see

Aug 9, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
I saw the mini game highlights via the Essendon app, looked like Stewart was all over it all day, will he ever be able to make it work consistently as a forward at AFL level?

According to the Age VFL investigation found that the 38 min last quarter did go at least three minutes longer than it should have..

Back