Preview Round 18. SUNS vs Fremantle @Metricon Saturday 2.10

Remove this Banner Ad

That's what you do Bazza37 when you have 8 of your best running players out. Eade is a good coach.
No argument about Eade being a good coach
But he needs to teach them winning football not loser McKenna football
Nothing to lose

Forward trio was outstanding. Going to be the best in the league. Wright is becoming so consistent for a young guy standing at 6'8"

Miller is going to be the Aaron Hall this season. Not nearly as much of a surprise but he has the goods to be an elite midfielder, is looking more and more comfortable there.

Sexton was great but I've always rated him. Very dynamic.

May loved being captain. Played a great game.

Schoenfeld didn't look out of place.

Shaw worked hard but his kicking was putrid. KK doesn't look right at the moment. Lonergan also a bit off the boil but he'll get better in the last few games I suspect, illness has rattled him.

No argument about Eade being a good coach
But he needs to teach them winning football not loser McKenna football
Nothing to lose
If they played that carefree attacking style they would have been slaughtered on the rebound he Coached to win with a team missing it's 6 first choice midfielders and next best 2 runners in Saad and Rosa.

If they played that carefree attacking style they would have been slaughtered on the rebound he Coached to win with a team missing it's 6 first choice midfielders and next best 2 runners in Saad and Rosa.

Did an awesome job. I really rate Eade as a game day coach. He has his flaws as all do but his game day nous cannot be questioned.

Been switching for the last 2 months if you hadn't noticed.
Over the injury excuse
Freo have a tone of injuries too but that didn't stop them from using the corridor.
This Season is over its all about 2017
I repeat NOTHING TO LOSE

I repeat NOTHING TO LOSE

Except that there is plenty to lose. This year's trade/draft period is of utmost importance. If we lose out for the year it becomes so much more difficult, if we play out the year with some smarts... well then, who knows who/what might happen.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Think lynch must be carrying a little injury. Just wasn't moving or working anywhere near as hard as he normally was.
In the 2nd quarter we were to timid. Chip back and forth in the backline with no intention on moving forward. Problem is we always turned it over eventually. Sexton into the middle was a changer. Got 6 or so clearances in a row that led to goals. Loved the little red heads first game. Composed and didn't make any mistakes.
Martin needs to play back. Didn't agree with it a few weeks ago but even with his lack of defensive ability his ball use off the half back line is exceptional. Didn't touch the ball in the midfield unfortunately.
KK has gone horribly backwards .
Miller needs to stay in the midfield.
Shaw runs hard but also needs to be smarter on his running patterns. I also got the feeling from watching it live that he may not be the most liked guy at the club. Could be wrong tho.
Good to get a win. Not a great game to watch but when we had so many players out you expect mistakes.
One last thing. Still to many front runners. Freo got most of their goals from rebounds. Our guys just didn't chase hard enough out of our forward line. Garllet and ah chee in particular I saw give up a chase multiple times which was disappointing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No negatives for me from yesterday
Master coaching class and a masterclass in attacking defence from Steve May and Harbs
Great win under the circumstances
And stop with the moaning about "chipping the ball around" already:mad:
The game is about retaining possession, not kicking it to a 50:50 contest and hoping for the best
It shows a lack of understanding for the modern game when I read that stuff

Forward trio was outstanding. Going to be the best in the league. Wright is becoming so consistent for a young guy standing at 6'8"

Miller is going to be the Aaron Hall this season. Not nearly as much of a surprise but he has the goods to be an elite midfielder, is looking more and more comfortable there.

Sexton was great but I've always rated him. Very dynamic.

May loved being captain. Played a great game.

Schoenfeld didn't look out of place.

Shaw worked hard but his kicking was putrid. KK doesn't look right at the moment. Lonergan also a bit off the boil but he'll get better in the last few games I suspect, illness has rattled him.
Spot on LM. Sexy has a few weapons that could make him a very good burst player out of the middle for us when needed. Athletically, he's got the explosive take off and a long straight kick. You could see the pressure the Freo defenders were put under when those long, fast kicks were coming in from the centre clearances.
Touk and Maysie are two of our most competitive footballers. You always know they'll give 100% effort and both have heaps of talent.
Schoey surprised me. His running and ability to get to the right spots was something that Rocket gave a big tick. The kid has solid disposal too... probably because he isn't kicking when tired because he doesn't get tired!! ...this affects Shaw and Lonergan IMO. Both run hard but tend to make skill and decision errors too often because they're buggered.
Also loving the development of Jesse Joyce. His disposal stands out in our team because it's good.

Last edited:
I don't know why it never occurred to me to play Sexton on-ball. Winger/utility with a real hard edge, it seems blindingly obvious that he'd be able to win a clearance in hindsight.
I am not a Sexton fan BUT he reads the ball unbelievably well out of the center and because he runs hard and bombs it forward straight away he is perfect for clearances whereas in the back line he shanks and causes turnover. He could be a real find in the mids, was super impressed with his game

Grant for me was surprising got agitated and gave off a bit of niggle and superb hit on a Freo player then got creamed in our forward line got straight up and did something with it, he has some toughness believe it or not, definitely has great awareness when under pressure and can set up opportunities, he is a different breed of guy but I see a lot more in him after Saturday than I did before

Remove this Banner Ad

Back