Preview 2016 Round 18: Sydney v Carlton, Saturday afternoon @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just hoping that our forward line functions more as it did against Geelong where they lowered their eyes and looked for a passing option. Last week, they went back to their old ways of simply bombing it into the square. Why we would chose to do this amazes me as we had no deep marking options. Buddy doesn't mark over his head and Sinclair doesn't mark at all.
We moved the ball too slowly so Hawthorn got back and covered the defensive zone. You will see the solution to that problem tomorrow, Not having McVeigh on the half back line should help with quicker ball movement also. Its not about lowering the eyes its about creating one on one contest and being able to lead into space. Rohan, Papley, Heeney, Towers and Buddy together will be a nightmare for a lumbering blue grubs defence. Even our extra forward talls are very mobile - Sinkers and Xavier. Its not about the kicking its about the speed of the ball movement coming into the forward line. We have the best one on one attack in the comp taking the field tomorrow. When Tippett comes in we shall be really formidable up front.

2d644e0e93f7f9a9a01b3eaca2b43f7b21cacd8a80d1bcf5d463345aa3e9b63f.jpg
Disagree that he is the slowest. He is very mobile and his running into the forward line put pressure on a defence. He fits the game plan so thats why they pick him.

I am just hoping that our forward line functions more as it did against Geelong where they lowered their eyes and looked for a passing option. Last week, they went back to their old ways of simply bombing it into the square. Why we would chose to do this amazes me as we had no deep marking options. Buddy doesn't mark over his head and Sinclair doesn't mark at all.
I'm excited to see, but let's not forget, particularly with X Factor debuting up forward, they still have to work out how to gell as a unit.

Disagree that he is the slowest. He is very mobile and his running into the forward line put pressure on a defence. He fits the game plan so thats why they pick him.
We must have two players in the team with the name of Sinclair. :eek:
I was referring to the one we got from West Coast. :(

This is the quickest team we have put on the paddock all year. At last we have a very quick backline, pace on the flanks and if we can move the ball quickly into the forwards Buddy will kick 6 plus. The quicker we get it into our forward line the more chance that our fastest forward line in years can massacre the monograms. Papley and Heeney will be double trouble for them. Swans to kick 100 plus and win by 36.

Won't work!

Buddy won't be ready for the fast ball coming in!:huh:

This could be a danger game looking at our ins. I'm a bit nervous about this one.
i am feeling the same,i know some of the ins are due to injury, and form,but we really need to stabilise
the team before the finals maybe thats the plan settle on a lineup and stick to it barring more injuries.
On the long term view, Horse has had the vision and guts to play some kids to try and see what sort of depth we actually have,and plan future recruiting. If we crash and burn this season ok by me,because the future of re-building without bottoming out is safe!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kennedy would towel him up. Even though he is much-loved on this board, he is still underrated externally due to Parker/Hannebery etc. Carlton will try their best to keep Cripps away from Kennedy as much as possible.

That's what I'm hoping happens. I agree, Kennedy is our gun in the middle.

Also, what's with the hate on Sinclair? His last couple of games have been down on form, but he's shown a lot more earlier in the season. When (do I dare say if?) Tippett comes back, he might be in a bit of trouble though. Naismith has been promising (not setting the world on fire by any stretch, but a good prospect), but Nankervis really isn't up to it at all. I'd take Sinclair over him every day of the year, even the last Saturday in September.

I think Naismith in particular will have a field day against the Blues rucks.

Simple equation guys we lose tomorrow,and our season is over, a couple of stupid losses have cost us dearly. Now there are teams breathing down our neck
to reach top 4. Time for the Bloods Spirit to kick in!!

Is it just me or should we just ignore Cripps? I mean he's a beast but big whoop. He's not that dangerous that we need to waste one of our mids on him. IMO let's just let Hanners, JPK, Parker and, to a lesser extent, Jack do what they do best.

He is a bit a of a centre clearance beast. 2nd in AFL atm. I wouldn't let him run free at the centre bounces but I would be happy if Kennedy went head to head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back