Game Day Round 18: The Sydney Swans vs. The Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

wouldn't be surprised a few may get a rest this week. Kennedy for instance. Parker def in one way or another.

I think it may be time to rest a couple of players...Mattner and McGlynn in particular...both were woeful today and didn't like McGlynn blasting off at Jetta for a kick he could've marked when McGlynn was the main culprit for a lot of mistakes. Maybe Mitchell/Parker for McGlynn and Armstrong for Mattner

McGlynn was horrible at times, but excellent at others. Really up and down game from him. Agree he may need a rest.

Everitt was hopeless, but * I hate it when he's sub. Just because he kicked one important goal as a sub does not make him a super-sub. If he's going to be in the team, it's in the first 21. If he can't be fit in there, then he doesn't play.

Whatever happens with Mumford, give him a rest. Too important to risk against GC. Parker definitely comes in.

Out: Mumford, Everitt
In: Parker, Dennis-Lane

I'm not an Everitt hater but being named as sub again you'd have to think he is currently the 22nd ranked in our squad so would be the one to go. LRT I expect will be the choice for backup ruckman, and TDL despite being smaller can contribute much more as a forward

He didn't play very well today, but Everitt is basically the perfect sub. He's tall, but also very quick, so he's quite versatile. By having him as sub it meant LRT could pinch hit in the ruck and we still had a tall forward down in our 50. If he had only held onto that mark ...

wouldn't be surprised a few may get a rest this week. Kennedy for instance. Parker def in one way or another.

Agree wit tht he sentiment but it was a fortnight ago this GC team pushed Geelong all the way than they won and should have beaten Brisbane This week. There showing some form and we cant afford to do something stupid like drop this one.

This just may not be the year a rest can be given to too many.

We may need to look at the fact that Everett has been played as spec sub for some time and when asked to come into the side for an extended part of the match today the 15 minute runs are impacting, he needs a couple of weeks in the two's playing full games.

Guys this is a danger game I'm really worried about it.

<trollface.jpg>

No change! Except Mummy. Bring back the spank!

Don't rest anyone imo. We need to keep building and making sure of a top 2 spot.

Not sure why Mattner/McGlynn are being put up as names who deserve a rest (I assume you mean dropped?) If we were to rest anyone it would be Mumford, Reid, Richards, ROK, Kennedy etc. The gun/key players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id like us to try and catch the Hawks percentage it could mean the difference for a home final.

I'd love to give TDL a game, even one, as a reward for his outstanding form in the reserves. It would even make sense from a structural point of view if Mumford's out, shifting Pyke to first ruck, LRT to second ruck and TDL to a forward's spot. But it seems more likely they will get Parker back into 22 in anticipation of the finals series.

Wow just checked the stats and only 2 kicks for Everitt in a half of football. I thought I didn't see much of him during the game but sometimes my recollections can be misleading. I guess it wasn't this time. 2 subs apperances in a row, the first for any Swan this year would usually indicate that they would drop him to regain match fitness but in both games he came on at half time, much earlier than usual for our subs so that might not be a totally plausible excuse.

In: Parker (sub), TDL
Out: Mumford, Everitt

Not worth risking Mumford. We can cope without him.
This. LRT to 2nd ruck. TDL to give us selection headaches when he kicks 4.

Parker eased in as sub.

Everitt to get game time and Mummy gets a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back