Round 18 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Wingard slightly ahead of Gola for mine.

1)Wingard (5 rd ave 100.4)
2) Menegola (5 rd ave 93.8)
3) Dunkley (5 rd ave 90.2 + lack of DP)

Yeah, was initially looking at the 5 week ave, but then I looked at the 3 week ave:
1) Dunkley (3 rd ave 106.7 / 5 rd ave 90.2)
2) Wingard (3 rd ave 101.7 / 5 rd ave 100.4)
3) Menegola (3 rd ave 93.3 / 5 rd ave 93.8)

Also, lack of DPP doesnt worry mean. Just means I move one of my other FWD DPPs to mid to cover injuries.

Yeah, was initially looking at the 5 week ave, but then I looked at the 3 week ave:
1) Dunkley (3 rd ave 106.7 / 5 rd ave 90.2)
2) Wingard (3 rd ave 101.7 / 5 rd ave 100.4)
3) Menegola (3 rd ave 93.3 / 5 rd ave 93.8)

Also, lack of DPP doesnt worry mean. Just means I move one of my other FWD DPPs to mid to cover injuries.

3 weeks is too small a size sample to give an accurate reading. One big or one low score can skew results.

You make a strong case, Slippers. I would prefer not to start Sonny this week.
I am doing shocking this year but I remember last year i was top 100 at this time and u just have to make moves like that to keep up BEs dont matter as much as points

3 weeks is too small a size sample to give an accurate reading. One big or one low score can skew results.
Agreed, but thinking my seasons kinda shot anyway. Carrying too many passengers and too few trades left. If I get Dunkley (or evn Wingard), lets me get Macrae with just one trade next week.

Not sure what to do with Sic this week. 3 trades & $0 available. Am undecided about a straight swap to Heeney this week or wait a week and get him a little bit cheaper? Could then upgrade Zorko > Macrae or Shaw to someone a bit better.. go you pups Slippers thoughts?

View attachment 529024
Zorko has a mega ceiling, I'd hold him for that alone, even though he's just plodding along at the moment with 90-115 type of scores

Neale or Rockliff are whom should go for Macrae if you can swing it, or yeah, go up from Shaw if someone stands out.

Cash seems to be an issue so if you think Heeney becomes a lot cheaper next week then wait on him and take the slight points hit with Walters. I don't know Heeneys BE though. We both went Heppell a week early though I think and he nearly got his BE and only dropped 4k that week after a 116, so yeah if Heeney is a chance to get the BE maybe grab him this week though.

Yeah agree

5 round is a better indicator when bringing in premos

3 round is probably a better indicator when judging breakevens and stuff

Zorko has a mega ceiling, I'd hold him for that alone, even though he's just plodding along at the moment with 90-115 type of scores

Neale or Rockliff are whom should go for Macrae if you can swing it, or yeah, go up from Shaw if someone stands out.

Cash seems to be an issue so if you think Heeney becomes a lot cheaper next week then wait on him and take the slight points hit with Walters. I don't know Heeneys BE though. We both went Heppell a week early though I think and he nearly got his BE and only dropped 4k that week after a 116, so yeah if Heeney is a chance to get the BE maybe grab him this week though.
Heeneys BE is 152 so if he goes 120
Its not worth the loss of points

Heeneys BE is 152 so if he goes 120
Its not worth the loss of points
I'd punt on Walters for a week and get another price fall from Heeney Andrew Birch

Heeney is a 80-120 range type imo

If that BE was below 130 then I'd probably go a week early on Heeney, but 152, imo that's a 15-35k drop which that extra cash could come in very handy in the last 5 rounds

I'd punt on Walters for a week and get another price fall from Heeney Andrew Birch

Heeney is a 80-120 range type imo

If that BE was below 130 then I'd probably go a week early on Heeney, but 152, imo that's a 15-35k drop which that extra cash could come in very handy in the last 5 rounds

Heeney's 3 highest career DT scores are 132, 127, 122 and the 2 highest ones were from 2016. Fairly safe than he doesn't make his b/e this week. An extra 20k in the bank would give me the option of upgrading my D7 Austin > Webster next week for instance. (if Webster plays this week and loses a bit more value) Still worried about Walters playing forward and having a mare though. Could always start Ahern ahead of him this week? (82, 88 & 78 from his last 3)

Heeney's 3 highest career DT scores are 132, 127, 122 and the 2 highest ones were from 2016. Fairly safe than he doesn't make his b/e this week. An extra 20k in the bank would give me the option of upgrading my D7 Austin > Webster next week for instance. (if Webster plays this week and loses a bit more value) Still worried about Walters playing forward and having a mare though. Could always start Ahern ahead of him this week? (82, 88 & 78 from his last 3)
Ahern could work

I'll likely be giving him next in line onfield duties if a mid, forward or ruck go down instead of Gray who can be my 24th/25th type

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back