Round 18 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay finally getting Lloyd in. Eyeing off hopefully 1 up 1 down to get a forward/mid to rotate but will wait a couple of weeks to get (hopefully into finals).

Who to trade out of
- Duursma
- Logue
- Baker

Side is with 4 trades & $408,400
View attachment 710324View attachment 710325

Anyone else I should consider ditching or getting in? All thoughts appreciated you magnificent kenties...

Trade out Baker I reckon.

Duursma and Logue will both be back this week\next week and then should stay in for the rest of the season offering valuable bench depth.

Trade out Baker I reckon.

Duursma and Logue will both be back this week\next week and then should stay in for the rest of the season offering valuable bench depth.
Yep Baker is clubhouse leader to go at this stage. Don't see him coming back soon and as you said the cover will probably help. Feel like even though my rank is in the tank, my squad is not as bad.

If Hately gets back in (think he should but who knows) that I am in reasonable shape for now.

Mind you I have had over a 1,000 points more against me in my main league than anyone else and scored a 2,522 on the weekend and opponent knocked it off 2,563 with no one else in the comp over 2,350...

I know I tend to float in and out of this place a lot (unintentional, just sometimes work and life leaves little additional time to post) but for as long as I can remember you have been one of the most entertaining and welcoming posters on this board! Never short of advice and genuine in trying to help. 😎

Get where you are coming from mate, this game is hard, frustrating and incredibly cruel! I do not care what anyone says, you can be an absolute genius and have all the plans in the world but the difference between winning the whole thing and ending up out at 30k plus can be the smallest of margins at the time or not taking what many would say is the "Best Option"...

The important thing to remember is that this game at the end of the day is fun (well should be anyway) and that this place is better for kents who take it seriously but enjoy themselves along the way... 😁

On the other hand maybe we are all just insane 🥴

Cheers mate.

Oh believe me I have fun in this game trading my arse off, laughing at Here2tellyouwhy outdoing me with Roughy moves and all the other funny s**t that all you kents post on here. LOL!

It's definitely a game of highs and lows that's for sure.

One week you can be on top of the world and then the next week the SC gods become angry at you, strike your team down with lightening and make you suffer!

I always feel that I make a couple of 50\50 decisions that cost me every year. This year in the byes I traded out Smith instead of Hore. That has come back to bite me in the arse with Cogs now injured and no trades left!

UDL over Rooze and not picking up Stack and ROB were also costly errors.

Still to be in the top 1000 even if it has only been for a couple of weeks is a good achievement this year. Just got to work on making my petrol tickets (trades) last longer to keep the momentum going.

It's a pretty easy place these days to be welcoming to new comers and offer advice and talk a lot of funny s**t with everyone on here as all the posters on this forum are genuine top blokes.

Yep Baker is clubhouse leader to go at this stage. Don't see him coming back soon and as you said the cover will probably help. Feel like even though my rank is in the tank, my squad is not as bad.

If Hately gets back in (think he should but who knows) that I am in reasonable shape for now.

Mind you I have had over a 1,000 points more against me in my main league than anyone else and scored a 2,522 on the weekend and opponent knocked it off 2,563 with no one else in the comp over 2,350...

That sucks when you get a good score yet still get knocked off.

Know that feeling all too well. LOL!

All I was hoping for was a few "Alf's".....guess I'll just have to give myself a stiff uppercut

giphy.gif

Alf.gif

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 5.28.18 AM.png

65k in bank. 4 trades left

3 options
R 18: Stack + Mackay > Whitfield + 102k d/m rook with Answerth mid bench, 8k left in bank
R 18: Stack + Parker > Whitfield + Bobby Hill, 120k left in bank
R 19: Stack > Whitfield. Requires Whitfield + Stack to score combined 60 points below / above their BE. If Stack gets his BE 85, means Whitfield needs to score <100. If Stack scores 70, Whitfield needs to score <85.. think this is probably unlikely.

If Parker not named, probably go option 2.

View attachment 710332

65k in bank. 4 trades left

3 options
R 18: Stack + Mackay > Whitfield + 102k d/m rook with Answerth mid bench, 8k left in bank
R 18: Stack + Parker > Whitfield + Bobby Hill, 120k left in bank
R 19: Stack > Whitfield. Requires Whitfield + Stack to score combined 60 points below / above their BE. If Stack gets his BE 85, means Whitfield needs to score <100. If Stack scores 70, Whitfield needs to score <85.. think this is probably unlikely.

If Parker not named, probably go option 2.
Personally like the look of option 2 for you. Hill looked likely on the weekend, with Langdon injured only helps him and he gives you flexibility to potentially shift to your Mids if needed down the track

I say at this stage every year that I am done with this campaigner of a game and never playing it again, taking up gardening, etc.

F@rk who am I kidding? I'll be back next year for more punishment from those SC god pricks. LOL!
This Board would be poorer without you JM

Okay finally getting Lloyd in. Eyeing off hopefully 1 up 1 down to get a forward/mid to rotate but will wait a couple of weeks to get (hopefully into finals).

Who to trade out of
- Duursma
- Logue
- Baker

Side is with 4 trades & $408,400
View attachment 710324View attachment 710325

Anyone else I should consider ditching or getting in? All thoughts appreciated you magnificent kenties...

You could bring in a $102K fwd/mid like Ewies for Baker ....upgrade Garner to Lloyd, leaving you $165K in the bank

1. Leaves both Duursma and Logue as your DEF bench options :thumbsu:

2. Opens up Setterfield as additional coverage for mids via DPP :thumbsu:

Only question is who plays more this year ....Hately or Baker ?

You could bring in a $102K fwd/mid like Ewies for Baker ....upgrade Garner to Lloyd, leaving you $165K in the bank

1. Leaves both Duursma and Logue as your DEF bench options :thumbsu:

2. Opens up Setterfield as additional coverage for mids via DPP :thumbsu:

Only question is who plays more this year ....Hately or Baker ?
Interesting, had not looked into the double trade. Like it, only issue is I am worried about running with only 2 trades from here with the amount of carnage we are seeing.

I can afford to do Garner to Lloyd outright but feel that might kill any chance of sideways trading premos if copping an injury (like Coniglio on the weekend) that money buffer will make it easier.

Setterfield to loop would be nice, feel Clarke & Hately (if picked), can match him for the moment. Would look at getting in a player like Daniel or maybe Lycett or Lobb (for Ruck cover) and loop my Mids & Fwds with a player like Walters... the good thing is options definitely are there! Bad news is things need to line up perfectly to happen.

I know I tend to float in and out of this place a lot (unintentional, just sometimes work and life leaves little additional time to post) but for as long as I can remember you have been one of the most entertaining and welcoming posters on this board! Never short of advice and genuine in trying to help. 😎

Get where you are coming from mate, this game is hard, frustrating and incredibly cruel! I do not care what anyone says, you can be an absolute genius and have all the plans in the world but the difference between winning the whole thing and ending up out at 30k plus can be the smallest of margins at the time or not taking what many would say is the "Best Option"...

The important thing to remember is that this game at the end of the day is fun (well should be anyway) and that this place is better for kents who take it seriously but enjoy themselves along the way... 😁

On the other hand maybe we are all just insane 🥴

The old saying about definition of insanity is ringing very true at the moment

No matter how frustrating, how pi**ed off you get, this game has such a mystique way of just pulling you back in with renewed energy and enthusiasm come Jan/Feb. That is, until it kicks you in the bawls again. It’s a viscous cycle but we love it.

Btw, what’s your best finish in a season? You’re pretty switched on so I’m surprised you haven’t had more consistent success.

2014 - 8235
2015 - 34627 (was 1894 and round 2 then touk miller to van berlo and rockliff happened)
2016 - 7236
2017 - 36560
2018 - 10228

Current 3310 and sliding.

My superpower is to pick the wrong premos or breakout players to start with.

Oliver Dusty Mrouch over neale brouch rocky or sheed sloane zerrett this year.
Zerrett and Neale over cripps and cogs last year.
Sam Gray over Aaron Hall was a belter
Petracca and Billings last year. No Siclly or McLean
Starting Shitberd and Mountfourd as rookies in the same year both dead after rnd 1............

The list goes on and on.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like I'm gonna get heaps of s**t cos I'm coming across as being a ******* "know it all". That is NOT what I'm about. Last year was my 1st year at Fantasy (came in at rnd 3 and finished inside 7.5k) Ask my missus/business partner about how much time I've spent on this silly game.............

Andrew Birch

Whip the lie detector out

In order, I would go:
Sloane
Zorko
Bont (would be above Zorko and probably Sloane if not for injury concern)
Merrett
Would you consider the second trade to bring in Dunkley

Would you consider the second trade to bring in Dunkley
What is your current forward line. Yes absolutely would consider doing the two trades for Dunkley, provided you feel comfortable with the rest of your side... however I feel value for points is leaning more towards getting in 1 of the 4 you listed.

I am not sold the point difference will be large enough to justify the 2nd trade and price difference between Dunkley & Sloane/Zorko/Bont (wouldn't consider Merrett personally).

What is your current forward line. Yes absolutely would consider doing the two trades for Dunkley, provided you feel comfortable with the rest of your side... however I feel value for points is leaning more towards getting in 1 of the 4 you listed.

I am not sold the point difference will be large enough to justify the 2nd trade and price difference between Dunkley & Sloane/Zorko/Bont (wouldn't consider Merrett personally).

Here is the full side.

Having another gun forward wouldnt go astray.

View attachment 710362

Here is the full side.

Having another gun forward wouldnt go astray.
Hmmm forward line is a smidge flakey with Ziebell, Heeney & Worpel so Dunkley would strengthen it up nicely. Still feel it is a tough spot to squeeze 2 trades out for the upgrade. I still would lean towards the pure mid... then use your last 3 trades to find playing rookies if possible and squeeze enough cash for Dunkley.

For example...

Coniglio > Merrett

Then
Baker > 102k rookie
Stocker > 102k rookie

Approx 350k in bank

Clarke > Dunkley (currently approx 5k short on current prices)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back