Trades Round 18 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Langlands +20k or Jake Stein gws?

I am running low on cash gen bench players so 20k could be very handy

He's a great option but I think a week too late. Was real juicy at 617 but there's better options priced around him now in my opinion

Interested in your thoughts on that range.

Have just over 1.3mil after trading Fyfe/Brayshaw.

Looking at Cripps/M.Crouch/Hunter or a Zerett/Murphy combo.

Probably over thinking it as the fact that one of the players out is Brayshaw eliminates any real risk as anything would be an upgrade....

I've got Fyfe, obviously a lot are trading but I also have Conigli and Brayshaw. The way i see it is, Brayshaw has to go either this week or next, therefore I'm trading him over Fyfe because Fyfe has the chance to come back in and be a solid mid for me till the end of the season, Brayshaw doesnt. All i would gain by traidng Fyfe instead of Brayshaw is fielding Brayshaw over Bewley (probably a 30 point upgrade) but i'll lose another 30k as Brayshaw. Whereas if I keep Fyfe, he loses nothing. If he still isn't back next week, I can trade him then and I won't have lost any cash (unlike if i were to keep Brayshaw).

I'm not being silly keeping Fyfe over Bray am i?

Cogs and Fyfe out ->

1. Whitfield and Lyons
2. Dunkley and Cripps

Leaning towards 1, but have massive FOMO on Dunks yet again. And I don't really trust Cripps at the moment. Burnt me too much this year.

Or go a mix of the two? Cripps and Whitfield? Just throwing it out there.

I've got Fyfe, obviously a lot are trading but I also have Conigli and Brayshaw. The way i see it is, Brayshaw has to go either this week or next, therefore I'm trading him over Fyfe because Fyfe has the chance to come back in and be a solid mid for me till the end of the season, Brayshaw doesnt. All i would gain by traidng Fyfe instead of Brayshaw is fielding Brayshaw over Bewley (probably a 30 point upgrade) but i'll lose another 30k as Brayshaw. Whereas if I keep Fyfe, he loses nothing. If he still isn't back next week, I can trade him then and I won't have lost any cash (unlike if i were to keep Brayshaw).

I'm not being silly keeping Fyfe over Bray am i?

Have you got cash on the bench and enough cover that if you trade Fyfe this week, play bray, see what happens, and then next week look at a bray to premo or even Fyfe if that’s what you like?

Edit: na can’t see the point. I’d probably just ride out Fyfe for a week. Sucks but he is likely back next week. I’d bench Fyfe and deal what you can

Last edited:
Thought about it, but prefer Lyons over Cripps for the reasons mentioned above. Would only look at Cripps as someone under 650k (if I were to get Dunks).

Yeah thought you were pretty keen on Lyons so just thought I’d put it there. I’ll stop confusing you, sounds like decision made.

Edit: my thinking was cheaper, gives you more cash next week, Cripps is pretty proven, though certainly not pod

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watson, Allen, Stoddart, McLean, Snelling and now Deluca all in my around the state leagues fantasy write up written on Monday. All debuting this weekend 🔥

Good read and enjoyed the pod again lad. Cheers to you and checkers for the content :thumbsu: On a slightly different note, why is Tim Kelly going under the radar for underachieving a bit lately in terms of fantasy - at 46% ownership I'm almost certain I can find a POD that is averaging more than 92/last 3 and 95/last 5. Not horrible scores by any means, but just think he's flown way under the radar for not delivering a string of solid performances in a row lately.

Jarryd Lyons is owned by just %1 of the competition and averaging 92 for the season which is okay.

But I really love this pick when you start to dig a little deeper. Brisbanes upcoming fixture includes North, Hawks, Bulldogs, Gold Coast, Geelong and Richmond of which 4 are played at home. Lions have won 6 of their 7 games at home in 2019.

In wins this year Lyons is averaging 103.5 with a really decent ceiling and could be a great M8 pod going into the final 6 rounds. Interestingly, it's also worth noting that his average in losses drops to 67 which certainly correlates the overall 2019 average a bit further.
I held Rockliff and traded out Lyons in bye 2 week... * me what fail that's been...

Watson, Allen, Stoddart, McLean, Snelling and now Deluca all in my around the state leagues fantasy write up written on Monday. All debuting this weekend 🔥
Well played sir!

On another note, what's the likelihood of tagging Dusty this week? After last week's epic fail, maybe they won't try it again (Ken says this, but I'm not sure I trust what he says)

Leaning towards just keeping Dusty, as trading premos to cheaper premos has not worked for me this year (worked a treat last year)

Funny how we've gone from a ton of midis gunning it a few weeks back to hardly any now. Doesn't make me feel as bad having to get in a cheaper guy like Cripps.

Cogs -> Cripps
Burton -> Crisp

Leaves a few guys I still need to get in (Whitfield and Rocky mainly) but I reckon these are the most balanced moves I can make. Could get in Sicily but would rather avoid that rollercoaster for the moment.

Anyone considering the Liberatore effect if named? a chance to short Macrae and Dunkley at the top?

Concerned about it but nothing I can do about it.

I have Dunkley and Macrae. Will probably captain Dunkley too and hope for the best.

Libba will hurt someone, hopefully its hunter.

They actually look a better side without Libba too which is probably not fair on Libba.

I doubt Watson and Allen debut

Well played sir!

On another note, what's the likelihood of tagging Dusty this week? After last week's epic fail, maybe they won't try it again (Ken says this, but I'm not sure I trust what he says)

Leaning towards just keeping Dusty, as trading premos to cheaper premos has not worked for me this year (worked a treat last year)
We won't tag Dusty

Have you got cash on the bench and enough cover that if you trade Fyfe this week, play bray, see what happens, and then next week look at a bray to premo or even Fyfe if that’s what you like?

Edit: na can’t see the point. I’d probably just ride out Fyfe for a week. Sucks but he is likely back next week. I’d bench Fyfe and deal what you can

My answer bugs me because it feels like you are leaving points on the table. Makes sense at the start of the year. But if you are largely finished building your team, especially with some cheap premo mids around at the minute, it could be worth trading fyfe, using bray as he is named on ball, even if he gets an 85 which would be outstanding for him at this point thats 30 odd more than Bewley. It probably does mean you wont get Fyfe back or would and basically have burned a trade for points, but if you are chasing points it makes sense to trade Fyfe. If dont really care this week, trade bray and get a cheap el premo in, then next week you have Fyfe back and probaby a more "complete" team. I guess depends how much you care on points this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back