Trades Round 18 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I have Gardner (season), Hayden (season) and now Flynn (season) on my bench. Along with Naish and Bewley and Xerri (DPP purposes with Clarke). Gibbons and Clarke currently my only playing benchies. Anyone worse off?

Last week I had zero cover. Logue, Naish, Bewely, Baker, Fort, Flynn, Burgess and Garder.

Have not been able to do a downgrade since the byes.

Really hoping a Baker or a Logue get a game this week.

had the top 8 mids in the comp. now lost kelly and cogs and their replacements like cripps/fyfe etc. are definitely a tier down.

what's everyone's thoughts on shai Bolton. will he continue to play midfield? Richmond supporters please comment. seems a big risk but so are the likes of ziebell etc.
He has done a power of work, getting into shape to work thru the mid rotation, played in the guts in the magoos for a couple of weeks where he was BOG.

Here are CBA's for the last round
cba17.GIF

Got 5 pts in the coaches award

Small in size, but offers quite a bit on the outside too, no reason why he shouldn't stay in the mids. Unless of course if Caddy coming back as a bigger body inside mid affects some of the rotations, but as you can see he was 4th for CBA's.

Definitely a risk, but if it doesn't pay off then an upgrade isn't hard, I've brought him in instead of Murphy ATS and the 160k in savings will be used to good effect elsewhere for now (gone Hanners > Bolton)

Last week I had zero cover. Logue, Naish, Bewely, Baker, Fort, Flynn, Burgess and Garder.

Have not been able to do a downgrade since the byes.

Really hoping a Baker or a Logue get a game this week.

Far out that's rough mate.

Logue might be a chance this week if he was only rested last week, the rest who knows...

Hanners now listed as indefinite after having a fitness test last week :l Still trading Brayspud instead

Yeah I took a flyer on Hanners too and it looks as though he may be done for the year. Tough to assess how the Saints will play it though... If Ratten wants the job you'd think he'd want all hands on deck, but in saying that the Saints are in a good position to get a top 4 draft pick. You'd think they'd shut him down given the fact nothing can really be gained from him playing. If he plays this week I'll keep him another week, if not I'll finally move him on.

Far out that's rough mate.

Logue might be a chance this week if he was only rested last week, the rest who knows...

The really annoying thing is that I had all rookies off field after a double upgrade heading out of the byes. Most of my bench rookies were playing.

Had it all mapped out. Upgrade Perryman,Shiels, Hanners and then Worpel. Granted, Worpel has been good and Perryman looks like he could be playing a more fantasy friendly role with Cogs and Kelly out, but I have had to straight swap 'premos' every week since.

The only positive was that Max out forced me to go down to Marshall which allowed me to upgrade Hanners to Gaff. Also meant I was holding Daniel on the bench and having to play Logue etc.

Have Cogs to deal with this week and if someone like a Baker gets named then I may even run the gauntlet again with not much cover if it means also upgrading Sheils.

The really annoying thing is that I had all rookies off field after a double upgrade heading out of the byes. Most of my bench rookies were playing.

Had it all mapped out. Upgrade Perryman,Shiels, Hanners and then Worpel. Granted, Worpel has been good and Perryman looks like he could be playing a more fantasy friendly role with Cogs and Kelly out, but I have had to straight swap 'premos' every week since.

The only positive was that Max out forced me to go down to Marshall which allowed me to upgrade Hanners to Gaff. Also meant I was holding Daniel on the bench and having to play Logue etc.

Have Cogs to deal with this week and if someone like a Baker gets named then I may even run the gauntlet again with not much cover if it means also upgrading Sheils.

Sounds like a similar life to me since byes.

Smith/Perryman/Hanners/Worpel to upgrade since Byes. I've managed to upgrade Hanners in one of those weeks since he was injured. The rest have been forced trades of premos.

Looking at my first rookie downgrade since byes this week. And another sideways premo... (Coniglio)....

They've got to stop getting injured right....? RIGHT!?

How's this for trading since R14:

Baker (dropped) / Stack (holding his own) /Ed Curnow (dominating) -> Gaff (average) / Daniel (injured) / Rose (Dropped).
Brayspud (premo spud) / Duursma (dropped) -> Hanners (injured) / Kelly (injured).
Fort / Daniel -> Blakely (spud) / Zac Clarke (mega spud).
Kelly (injured) / Hanners (injured) -> Cripps (gun) / Treloar (gun).

9 trades. 5 of those uber premos. 3 of those uber premos have gotten injured.

I don't think my team is any better than when it left the byes. Probably a little bit worse if anything.

This week:
Coniglio / Oskar -> Whitfield / Noble.

Watch this space!

NBA Fantasy Is Life

Sign me up to your league if you have any spots. When I lived back in QLD a few years back myself and 11 other lads had a full on boys weekend away for the draft every year. Suit and tie event. The banter was unreal and the weekly write-ups by the nominated GM of our league were next level.

Oliver - Dunkley
Fyfe - Greene

Worried about Fyfe injury and Oliver's run home. Need Dunkley

Oliver >> Greene surely. Might be jumping at shadows there?

Fyfe -> Dunks sounds ok though if you've really got no other issues elsewhere? Surely you'd got a spud somewhere you can move to Dunkley in a 1 up / 1 down move?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a mad desire to get in Ed Curnow instead of Murphy, based on his stint scoring 120-140 in the mids a couple of seasons ago. Can someone save me from myself and tell me why this is a bad idea?

I have a mad desire to get in Ed Curnow instead of Murphy, based on his stint scoring 120-140 in the mids a couple of seasons ago. Can someone save me from myself and tell me why this is a bad idea?

It’s a bad idea....

I did it prior to round 6 when he got DPP fwd status..
It was a mixed ride through til their Bye that's for sure.

When I go to bigfooty I just type 'B' and press enter, and it takes my to the fantasy forum. But last week I literally searched up 'Brock McLean fantasy' once and for some reason Google Chrome decides that's now the go to webpage.

Don't ask me why I was googling Brock McLean fantasy stats. I couldn't tell you 😂

When I go to bigfooty I just type 'B' and press enter, and it takes my to the fantasy forum. But last week I literally searched up 'Brock McLean fantasy' once and for some reason Google Chrome decides that's now the go to webpage.

Don't ask me why I was googling Brock McLean fantasy stats. I couldn't tell you 😂
Highlight (hold finger on) & "remove from search suggestion"
My B has now reverted to this forum but it did default to the Eagles forum for a while.

Sure you were.... :p

Interesting comment from one of the Carltoon players was that (training wheels) Teague has clarified what each players roles are and that he's playing them to their strengths....it's the main reason why I'm looking at Murphy, I still might bring him in. Same with Curnow.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back