Trades Round 18 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hate to rolling lock out for a grand final.

I have 3 trades and had Helmet lined up for Doch if a late out,in hindsight just should've done it, too late now.
Should've done it last week for rd17 oh well...

Have to decide soon as one thought is Draper out for a mid or mid/fwd.

then a def for Doch.

Or a left field trade out Neale for a Lyon as he may get a tag.

Then leave Draper as R3.

No idea of what 2 trades I will do as I held in case of late outs.

Had a look at the projected scores and thinking of the best 2 ins as a higher score.

I may be suck with Simpkin and thinking of having him on the bench mid or fwd.

Too many choices and options.

I've already done 12 scenarios but still undecided.

If cog plays I'll need a Docherty replacement, thinking Crisp over Ryan on recent scoring but I'm like 5/5 for breaking new recruits.

If he doesn't I'll have 564k to grab either Telly who can hopefully back up his score against the roos or just enough for Titchell

Got 2 trades. Have to trade Docherty. But will wait to see what Rivers does.

My other trade is a dilemma. Lately I have traded to improve the team. But find the old guy often outperforms the new. I must spook the new guy! Not every time, but it worries me that will happen. Went Crisp to Ryan. Generally worked out, but Crisp now going great guns. Laird to Williams in the bye still haunting me.

Jack Sinclair my weak link in the forward line. Just hoping in the rolling lockouts there aren't any nasty surprise outs!

Last edited:
Wanted Simpkin to Ablett, but North playing tonight ruins that.

Will loophole Rivers. If he scores well i'll just play him in Docs place then I legit have no idea what i'll do. Maybe nothing.

If he doesn't achieve much i'll bring in Maynard or Mills possibly. Might see how grand final match ups are tracking and take the risk on the lesser chosen player if i'm falling behind.

If cog plays I'll need a Docherty replacement, thinking Crisp over Ryan on recent scoring but I'm like 5/5 for breaking new recruits.

If he doesn't I'll have 564k to grab either Telly who can hopefully back up his score against the roos or just enough for Titchell
Lol I'm looking at sideways-ing titch as I reckon the hawks will lose to GC and he looked a bit s**t last week.

It's a hard week for trading as you don't want to go early in case a premo gets 'managed' but it limits your options.

Lol I'm looking at sideways-ing titch as I reckon the hawks will lose to GC and he looked a bit sh*t last week.

It's a hard week for trading as you don't want to go early in case a premo gets 'managed' but it limits your options.
This is a dangerous week, don't think the finals clubs will play games, the week off should ensure no management

But the clubs outside the 8 ....I can see a lot of potential positional experimentation ....do GC experiment with Rankine in the midfield ? .....does Fyfe play his guts out, or play fwd to allow some midfield experimentation

Or am I just getting paranoid after a nerve racking season ?

This is a dangerous week, don't think the finals clubs will play games, the week off should ensure no management

But the clubs outside the 8 ....I can see a lot of potential positional experimentation ....do GC experiment with Rankine in the midfield ? .....does Fyfe play his guts out, or play fwd to allow some midfield experimentation

Or am I just getting paranoid after a nerve racking season ?

You're overthinking it mate.

need to use my last trade on Doc, looking at either Daniel, May? anyone else.. (524k)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macrae or Lloyd as Doch replacement?

Both great options but I prefer Lloyd - just so consistent.

Hasn't dipped below 114 in the last 9 week - whereas Macrae has a 96 and a 102 in the last 3 alone.

Macrae has the capability to go bigger (like his 183 vs Bris, also has 162 and 169) but Freo don't seem to concede big midfield numbers despite being a lower side.

I suppose it depends how you are positioned somewhat - if you are outclassed in the GF you might want to pick Macrae for his capability to go large and turn it around. Otherwise, Lloyd is the safer bet

I have 2 trades, very little cash and Docherty (rest of 22 is upgraded).

Was thinking to go Draper to defensive donut (via Williams) - allowing Sholl to be Defensive e and Williams ruck e.
Then Doch to best defender.

Only things is, I have to do that first trade before lockout tonight. Am I better off waiting in case there is a surprise out so that I can make 2 sideways trades instead of 1 up and 1 down. This will cost having Williams as ruck cover.

Also, who to choose out of May, Ryan and Daniel for Doch? (or a better option outside of Lloyd, Laird, Ridley, Stewart and Williams?)

I'm leaning away from May only because the other options allow me to see how Sholl goes first (and if he goes really well), I'll use a trade elsewhere instead.

I have 2 trades, very little cash and Docherty (rest of 22 is upgraded).

Was thinking to go Draper to defensive donut (via Williams) - allowing Sholl to be Defensive e and Williams ruck e.
Then Doch to best defender.

Only things is, I have to do that first trade before lockout tonight. Am I better off waiting in case there is a surprise out so that I can make 2 sideways trades instead of 1 up and 1 down. This will cost having Williams as ruck cover.

Also, who to choose out of May, Ryan and Daniel for Doch? (or a better option outside of Lloyd, Laird, Ridley, Stewart and Williams?)

I'm leaning away from May only because the other options allow me to see how Sholl goes first (and if he goes really well), I'll use a trade elsewhere instead.
I'm in a similar position and would lean away from May anyway.

Not sure who to get for Docherty out of Ryan and Daniel. Feel like Daniel will guarantee a decent score and is in great form, while Ryan has the potential to go bigger. Don't really need to take a risk in my GF match-up, so Daniel might be the safe bet, but it might be a bit more exciting getting the player who can go 140+.

Doch to Hurn or Salem

Screw the safe 90-100, going for a 140+ score, both of them playing against Witches Hats FC
daaaaamn Hurn on track for 150. Should have pulled the trigger

2 trades left, my problem is Dawson and bench coverage T.Watson

Very tricky with team announcements and needing to pull trigger on trades.

Trade 1 is probably Close < Buckley

for cash gen, and a emerg in mids

Trade 2

Dawson < Stewart

Or

Dawson < Laird ( rain forecast in ADL )

Or

take risk with Dawson or Watson playing

Grundy < Gawn, gives me VC option

Two trades left with Doc and Ricco on the field and no cash. Do I take Perez’s 75 and save the trade?

its basically 75 + Martin/Walters or Crisp + Ricco

Hmmmm got a dilemma here, got some options want some thoughts.

1- KEEP DOCH, bench and replace with Greaves who has scored well enough to cover, trade Mosquito to Dusty/Acres (who is smashing it lately)/Walters/Smith/ Hawkins etc etc
2- Trade Doch to Helmet/Stewart etc, trade Mosquito for Buckley and field him.

End of the day comes down to the difference between the rookies and the premo's.

thoughts?

Im leaning towards 1, purely because Greaves has 2 good games under his belt, Buckley only 1.

This is still troubling me....

thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back