Trades Round 18 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really stuck with what to do..

Have 2 trades left for the season.

This week I am missing Cameron, Lloyd, Dunkley, Mitchell, Serong and Green.

Even with what I thought was decent cover (including Zieb or Sheezel as swing cover) - I'm in line for 2 donuts if all the possible bench players get named.

Do we have any sense on the likely injury lengths for guys like Green or Cameron?

Trade Green for sure. You have a huge opportunity to gain plenty of points on people, and can bring in anyone
8 trades left. What are you waiting for lol, the REAL carnage?
I'm still 2 premo's short of a full side.

with Melican going down. my current thinking is...
Sharp to Dewar
Green to Steele
Johnson to Rozee

it leaves me with $35k, Seamus and Cuningham as cover and 5 trades.
next round Melican to a $102k and use the funds to turn Ashcroft into the best mid i can afford.

sure can.
feels sideways though, it means i still have 2 upgrades to make. although if Cameron is long term then it's probably best to move him now.
I don't think he necessarily is. It looks like Green could be 2-3 at this stage.

You could even do 3 trades this week.

Johnson > Rookie
S.Mitchell > Butters / Rozee
Green > Parish / T.Miller / Steele (if you want to save some cash)

Then one upgrade to go and a fair bit of cash. Finish your team with 4 trades left.

I'm still 2 premo's short of a full side.

with Melican going down. my current thinking is...
Sharp to Dewar
Green to Steele
Johnson to Rozee

it leaves me with $35k, Seamus and Cuningham as cover and 5 trades.
next round Melican to a $102k and use the funds to turn Ashcroft into the best mid i can afford.
Good trades imo

Damn, plans rocked by further outs. Hardly the most impacted, but got Dunk, Cameron and Green. Can theoretically cover all with Thomas a pair of rookie trash players.

Wish I knew more about the injury prognosisesises. Can turn one of them into anyone by downgrading Johnson who seems to be close to cooked.

Maybe Green to Sicily? Puts a Def/Mid swing in along with M/F swing and R/F coverage. Maximises flexibility at least for future problems. 6 -> 4 trades.

Hmm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you do.
Johnson - Boomer jnr
Green - Petracca
Mitchell - Rozee?
I don't think he necessarily is. It looks like Green could be 2-3 at this stage.

You could even do 3 trades this week.

Johnson > Rookie
S.Mitchell > Butters / Rozee
Green > Parish / T.Miller / Steele (if you want to save some cash)

Then one upgrade to go and a fair bit of cash. Finish your team with 4 trades left.
this works but trading Seamus means I have no def cover at all.
I suppose it comes down to whether that cover will be worth more than on field points from a better player.

also but less importantly it means I have to field Maric this week.

this works but trading Seamus means I have no def cover at all.
I suppose it comes down to whether that cover will be worth more than on field points from a better player.

also but less importantly it means I have to field Maric this week.
Mitchell wouldn't be able to cover your def. You have no other def/fwd to swap him with.

Screen Shot 2023-07-14 at 2.50.47 pm.png
1 trade left, 72.9k in the bank. Hold green? Was planning to use my last trade next week to get in HH for johnson (about 10k off atm, need johnson to go big this week w serong out), and just deal w green being out for 3. Not in a great position, but I am top 4k just trying to hold my rank while others with more trade aim to push. Will only have the 22 playing this week (if I hold green) and thats if maric plays. Im lucky to have steered clear of majority of the carnage but in my position any injury is big for me.

I was planning on trading Fyfe to Harvey and then Johnson to Steele but with the news Green is out for a few weeks I might trade him to Steele instead.

Fyfe to Harvey can wait until next week anyway and I can upgrade Johnson then, keeping Johnson this week also allows me to loop him with Wardlaw.

Green listed as 3 weeks on the GWS website, so I'm bringing in the unit that is Brad Crouch 3 and 5 round average above 110, upcoming fixtures, Gold Coast, North, Hawks, Blues, Richmond.

Trust his body a TINY bit more that Steele.

Alright with Green out for 3 I'm trading him, prior to trade I've got 4 trades and 34k.

Deciding between: Parish, Docherty, Butters, Walsh, Miller

I think I like Parish best as an option in isolation. Docherty does give me better flexibility for def coverage, and also more trade options if I end up trading Day.

Thoughts?
Screenshot 2023-07-14 150729.png

Ugh, from first to posting in the 'full premo' team thread to this absolute abomination...

Only 2 trades left (33K) - originally planned to hold trades or go Maric - Dewar as it allowed my Sheezel/Ziebell (23rd man loop) to cover Mid, forward and defense in case of a short term injury (lol!) because at the moment Ziebell was stuck in defense.

Then, when a couple of injuries started rolling in, I figured I'd use 1 trade and go Sharp to Wagner (covering a mid donut) and opening a loop with defence so my '23rd man' (now Day) can cover mids and defence.

Problem is, the injuries have kept rolling in this week and now have 6 premos out (Dunkley, Cameron, Mitchell, Serong, Green, Lloyd) and 2 donuts!

Not sure what to do?? Maybe A: Green (who's missing 3 of 7) to Parish, cop Mitchell's sub score and keep a trade to re-evaluate next week?

B: Could also trade D.Cameron and have no donuts and no trades?

C: Could still do Sharp to Wagner which would allow Green to Laird, no donuts but no trades?

D: Hopefully something else I can't see?

Team below (avert your eyes)

Rubbish 1.PNG Rubbish2.PNG

Well it was going to be

M. Johnson > LDU

But since the carnage has hit, it's now

T. Green > B. Crouch
J. Ridley > D. Moore

I know Ridley has been named but reality is he doesn't play and if he does, he's probably got a few week's of pretty crap scores while he recovers from bone bruising and gets his confidence back.

1 trade left!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back