Benno_900

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
Gawn's heatmap from the weekend looks weird.

Was he playing predominantly forward?

The last time I had Gawn C on the Sunday was a nightmare. But I am considering it again...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PoopingHindi

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
Grundy VC for me.
Champion Data or whoever the crooked campaigners are that do the scoring will find a way to get him to 130 regardless of how he plays.

ubeaut

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
St Kilda
AFL Club
Essendon
Grundy VC for me.
Champion Data or whoever the crooked campaigners are that do the scoring will find a way to get him to 130 regardless of how he plays.
Don't u think that Grundy's scoring has something to do with the fact that he's one of the 2 best ruck man in the comp, gets bulk HOTAs that score big points, gets it 20 times a week, plays for a top 4 side and is a huge part of his team's success?

stevebbb

Brownlow Medallist
May 21, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal, Fluminense; Blue Jays
Grundy VC for me.
He'll crack 200 this weekend. Mummy will feel like he has to bully him in the contest to win the match up and he'll give away 10 free kicks.

48 hitouts, 31 touches, 9 tackles, 7 marks, 1 goal

PoopingHindi

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
Don't u think that Grundy's scoring has something to do with the fact that he's one of the 2 best ruck man in the comp, gets bulk HOTAs that score big points, gets it 20 times a week, plays for a top 4 side and is a huge part of his team's success?
sometimes yes. other times they just inflate his score cause he's Grundy.

PoopingHindi

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
What I don't get is what motive would CD have to over inflate his scores? Nearly everyone has him in their team so what difference does it make?
with Rance out for the season they needed a new knob to suckle on.

honestly i don't know why it happens but i know it happens. he's been KOTD for the last 3 weeks and 2 of those were losses.
he's good and i can see how he scores well but sometimes he scores too well given his performance and impact.

ubeaut

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
St Kilda
AFL Club
Essendon
with Rance out for the season they needed a new knob to suckle on.

honestly i don't know why it happens but i know it happens. he's been KOTD for the last 3 weeks and 2 of those were losses.
he's good and i can see how he scores well but sometimes he scores too well given his performance and impact.
We'll have to agree to disagree.I just don't subscribe to the CD KOTD theories.
In his last game Grundy scored 129 in both AF and DT, game highs. These rely on pure stats and can't be inflated. He had 8 tackles,12 contested possesions and had a big influence in the last quarter, including a crucial spoil and important point. And was still only 8 points more than AF/DT scores.

WaynesWorld19

TheBrownDog
Nov 6, 2003
Baghdad
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide, Baghdad Bombers
We'll have to agree to disagree.I just don't subscribe to the CD KOTD theories.
In his last game Grundy scored 129 in both AF and DT, game highs. These rely on pure stats and can't be inflated. He had 8 tackles,12 contested possesions and had a big influence in the last quarter, including a crucial spoil and important point. And was still only 8 points more than AF/DT scores.
Don't think there's any diliberate inflation .....I do always wonder though in the statisticians interpretation .....when is a HTA accurate ? ....if it goes to his teammates hand and is fumbled, is it still a HTA ? .....what about if he taps into the path of his teammate, on the ground for his teammate to run onto ...is that a HTA ?

Then we have weighting for the match situation

hawkermitch

Team Captain
May 5, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Now that GC has dropped Scheer - I really can't see who is going to tag Cripps.

So now I have:

VC - Cripps
C - Grundy/Danger/Neale/Gawn etc - I will decide later if needed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom