Round 18 VC / Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some nice match-ups for captaincy choices this week, but with some potentially tricky match times:

Most will look past the Friday night game (Adl vs Ess), as well as the early Saturday arvo match (Rich vs Port).

Cripps at Marvel vs Gold Coast at 2:10 Saturday looks juicy for the V.

The Collingwood vs GWS game will begin about 10-15 minutes before the Carlton game ends, so captaining Grundy may be tricky. Whether or not Mumford plays may also affect this decision.

On Saturday night, Neale plays the Kangas (he had 40+ possessions earlier this season against them), while Fyfe is at home vs the Swans.

On Sunday, Danger has great form vs the Hawks, Big Max heads up to the NT to take on the Eagles, while Dunkley, Bont & Macrae take on the Saints. In that same game, Rowan 'I wish I had him' Marshall may be worth a look against the stick figure English.

Last edited:

Eagling

All Australian
Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Side Hawks
No Grundy so he's a non-factor for me.

Cripps into Danger. Both have the potential to go absolutely massive versus their respect opponents.

Wellsy35

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
aside from when he faced Gawn, Grundy hasn’t gone under 120 since Rd 8 (and only 4 times this whole season). The “safe” option.

On the other hand, Cripps scored 169 against the Suns earlier in the year when they were actually playing ok. Could he beat Jono Brown’s 282 this time?

Danger has to get the C since he loves the Hawks (has averaged 121.6 against them over his whole career) and has a 5rd average of 130.

TL : DR, Cripps/Grundy into Danger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hawkermitch

Team Captain
May 5, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is another difficult week for deciding VC/C options.

At this early in the week stage currently have:

VC - Grundy

C - Neale

Nahhhh, Dunkley Shmunkley. It was a one off primadonna job.
They don't back em up with great scores....it just attracts taggers like flies to shyt.

Fair point but anything over 130 from Danger and he keeps it anyway.

Danger just loves going big against the Hawks!

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
aside from when he faced Gawn, Grundy hasn’t gone under 120 since Rd 8 (and only 4 times this whole season). The “safe” option.

On the other hand, Cripps scored 169 against the Suns earlier in the year when they were actually playing ok. Could he beat Jono Brown’s 282 this time?

Danger has to get the C since he loves the Hawks (has averaged 121.6 against them over his whole career) and has a 5rd average of 130.

TL : DR, Cripps/Grundy into Danger.

By that logic Cripps should be VC due to ceiling.

I’ll never VC or C Danger again!!

Thinking Cripps VC, Grundy C and just need to keep a close eye on things.

WB boys very safe too but Grundy against GWS too good to pass up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back