Review Round 18 vs Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Another thing how bloody good is Luko by foot. Has the balls to pull a risky kick and I love it
Kicks with power and penetration. Can get balls into areas others can't because of his speed through the air and length.

:moustache:

Well I didn't hate watching that game.
Put up a decent effort.
Phases of attacking play.

Ben King and David Swallow should have had additional goals.
Peter needs to attack the ball with two hands. Never see Casboult going up one handed. IF he is getting held it needs to be called - but really he just needs to be stronger at the contest. As Dermott said - really launch at it.

I was at the bar at Marvel and some Carlton supporter walked up to me and asked me who #7 was. Just told me he was a good player and walked off.
Must be No 7 uncle that work with Carlton. He is concussed anyway won't be playing next week.

Joyce and Ellis were poor today. Liked the look of Luko and King,L - both developing nicely. Dawson made the sort of mistakes 4 game kids need to make but otherwise looked composed with his short kicks and handballs.

Poor execution and communication hurt in the first half.

Sorry G String not concussed.
Taken from afl. Com
Gold Coast: Will Brodie came from the field midway through the final quarter after hurting his hamstring and did not return to the field.
* I am pretty sure people have their own agenda against Dew when it come to brodie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brodie was critical when the Suns put up a fight in the third.

It's a real shame he finished injured as I think he's a super important player, especially with Bowes out of the side.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the Suns performance today.

Started out well, got behind, dug in and gave a good yelp, but were ultimately out-classed.

That being said, I'm a little biased in this one, so I'll enjoy reading how you you all saw it.

Definitely liked 2MP back into the side and thought Lemmens battled well all day with multiple roles.

Dewy all class in the presser.
He certainly had them switched on for this one!

Last edited:
Couple of side notes,
Loved Lemmens in the middle later in the game.
Burgess might make it after all.
Spud Dawson doesn’t belong on an afl field..... ever.
Can you clarify what was wrong with Dawson? No doubt he's not getting a game if we are 100% fit but I didn't think he looked so bad today that I'd single him out and call him names.

Can you clarify what was wrong with Dawson? No doubt he's not getting a game if we are 100% fit but I didn't think he looked so bad today that I'd single him out and call him names.
You know, you may be right. It appears every time I noticed him he fluffed it.
But other than his lack of awareness when tackled inside 20m from Carlton’s goal. Maybe he wasn’t as bad as I thought. He did go at 82% disposal efficiency which is quite good. So yep I probably held on to 2 or 3 things and went he was terrible. So harshly judged.

I was a bit frustrated in the first half of the game. The poor skill errors was plain to see, but in the 3rd quarter onwards it was much improved, and I did enjoy the effort I saw from them. I didn't get to stay for the whole game, as I went back home to watch the pies game. I shouldn't have bothered. Would have been more pleasing to stay at marvel Haha.

I liked the intent and pressure they put on carlton in the second half. I just finished rewatching the game, to catch up on the parts I missed. Definitely the way we know they can play, rather than the last couple weeks.

Definitely played differently.
How many times did we see one of our forwards mark it on a lead in and around the 50?
I can remember king doing so about 3-4 times Wright a couple, sexton once or twice.
Feels like I haven’t seen that in weeks and hardly at all this year.
Good game for kingy.
If he’s kicked an easy shot and not turned that one over after marking 20m out he could have had a 12 possession, 6 mark, 3 goal game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Outstanding result given near half the 22 is missing. We just have to find small wins for the rest of the season.

Can be pleasantly surprised but outstanding 4 goal loss to the 17th ranked side a bit much.

Missed Rory today - couldn’t handle Mackay and casboult

Burgess competed ok given how he was outmatched. I like his kicking out of defence

Actually really enjoyed watching the game - clearly they’re trying to move into a more offensive game play (which we get punished on turnovers by the big teams) - I like the small bits I’m seeing

Can be pleasantly surprised but outstanding 4 goal loss to the 17th ranked side a bit much.

Burgess competed ok given how he was outmatched. I like his kicking out of defence

17th on the ladder but everyone knows they are a better team than that at the moment. Beat Sydney last week, Freo recently over there etc.

Given their talent on the park and the guys we were missing I thought it was an outstanding result.

To see Burgess/Hombsh on MacKay/Casboult was painful considering what a difference Thompson/Collins would make but they did well. I can see why they play Day forward but I would switch him back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back