Autopsy Round 18 vs Essendon @ Marvel Stadium 17.07.22 - 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

You’re acting like we are a top 4 side. Did you expect to make finals this year? With no Ben King? I thought we would be bottom 6. No Powell, King, Jeffrey, Weller, Budarick, I don’t think we are ready for finals. 2023 is the year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yes, with the list we have I expected us to make significant strides this year, no doubt we have improved
from last year but the last four weeks have been very disappointing, Noah’s goal after the siren is making things look a lot better than what they actually have been in my opinion

There were no excuses this week. Only one goal in over 2 quarters of footy? A very poor performance.

Losing is one thing, getting beat is another.

The numbers on disposals, tackles, contested marks and clangers are damning.

Need a big response this week or its time for big changes.

Tbh, could make a few this week.
I mean, Mac Andrew can run and tackle so he can't be worse than some of our kpd's (3 tackles between them).

You’re acting like we are a top 4 side. Did you expect to make finals this year? With no Ben King? I thought we would be bottom 6. No Powell, King, Jeffrey, Weller, Budarick, I don’t think we are ready for finals. 2023 is the year

If Weller, Powell, Budarick and Jeffrey hadn’t got injured, I reckon we could’ve snuck in. The drive, speed and skill we lost out of defence, turning a dynamic backline into a pedestrian one, coupled with losing Jeffrey’s talent up forward meant it was always going to be a tough task. We were flying before then. Off-season is going to be very interesting to see who we can get in to cover for Lachie and Buddhas until they come back later in 2023.

If Weller, Powell, Budarick and Jeffrey hadn’t got injured, I reckon we could’ve snuck in. The drive, speed and skill we lost out of defence, turning a dynamic backline into a pedestrian one, coupled with losing Jeffrey’s talent up forward meant it was always going to be a tough task. We were flying before then. Off-season is going to be very interesting to see who we can get in to cover for Lachie and Buddhas until they come back later in 2023.
I have a recurring nightmare that Powelly's injury will be a re-run of Bock's

Bad day in the office. The whole team looked spent physically and emotionally. Let's see how we go for the rest of season. QClash should tell us if we are cooked. Surely not (I hope). Yes, this was a bad performance, 2nd quarter against Tigers too but the rest post bye was more than fine, IMO.

We did not bring the pressure, got soundly beaten in the contest, Bombers rebounded at will. Why? No idea, especially with a chance to play finals. I guess it's impossible to be consistent across all games during the season. Every team had down games including Demons, Lions and so on. Credit to Bombers they looked hot (compared to pre-bye when they looked garbage). I always expected with Stringer and Langford back they will be a challenge.

Stop picking up on Graham, people. He was far from the worst out there :) And if you think Thompson would do better, re-watch VFL game especially the Stewart's goal in the last quarter.

Last edited:
I have a recurring nightmare that Powelly's injury will be a re-run of Bock's
I believe Powell escaped the worst scenario. With dislocated ankle always comes fracture. Fibia fracture is not career ending. Tibia would be another story. Club assessment that he will be fine for pre-season start would support that he will be fine.

mean, Mac Andrew can run and tackle so he can't be worse than some of our kpd's (3 tackles between them).
I can see definitely Mac improving with more games in VFL. Unfortunately, he looks as skinny as he was when joining the club. Personally, I would probably give opportunity to Brock first ahead of Mac.

Yes, that Ballard tackle attempt on Draper was not a highlight.

Last edited:
I believe Powell escaped the worst scenario. With dislocated ankle always comes fracture. Fibia fracture is not career ending. Tibia would be another story. Club assessment that he will be fine for pre-season start would support that he will be fine.
There is no such bone as the Fibia.

Tibia and Fibula

So when Cochrane? I think it was said who said Fibia - I don't know whether it was Tibia, Fibula or Tib/Fib = ie both.

There is no such bone as the Fibia.

Tibia and Fibula

So when Cochrane? I think it was said who said Fibia - I don't know whether it was Tibia, Fibula or Tib/Fib = ie both.
Thanks, fixed. Surely Cochrane said fibula? :) You would have to say with tibia fracture Powell would not be ready for pre-season. Bloody hell, just re-listened to Cochrane. He does appear to say fibia.

Last edited:
Thanks, fixed. Surely Cochrane said fibula? :) You would have to say with tibia fracture Powell would not be ready for pre-season. Bloody hell, just re-listened to Cochrane. He does appear to say fibia.
He definitely said Fibia haha.
When I heard I was thinking what the hell are you talking about.

I reckon you're correct - Fibula.
And also because of the suggested recovery time frame.

Oh
It was just the fibula?
Really?
I thought dislocated ankle?
The distal fibula holds the ankle laterally though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pretty rare to get a fibula fracture without tibia as well in an ankle dislocation
Good to know.
A number of years since I've been involved in that type of medicine.
Sounds like Powelly will be back for start of next year which is great.
Hopefully he can hit the ground running.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back