Autopsy Round 18 vs Essendon @ Marvel Stadium 17.07.22 - 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

This is unwatchable between the umpires and commentary I genuinely hope soccer starts to give afl a run for the money so they fix they’re ******* sport

Feel like a lot of the frees there, honestly. Suns second to the ball and just rushing. Then dumping the ball forward plays right into their hands.

Essendon one of these sides that just like to play us, see: GWS.

Fiorini & Ace & a few others shouldn't be playing. I'm not convinced bringing Rankine straight in after COVID was smart, either.

I think Caleb's been pretty good.

Umpires are s**t, sure. But Essendon are first to the ball and first from the spread.

We are too slow across the ground. That’s a fact and that’s what kills us. They break the line and it’s almost always going to be an inside 50. And our defenders are not able to cover the way the ball is coming in.

If we don’t take control of the game then it will get ugly. We have no composure.

Also, it is well known that Essendon are fast. Yet we bring in no speed. Questionable selection considering we are at Marvel. Fast teams win there.

Feel like a lot of the frees there, honestly. Suns second to the ball and just rushing. Then dumping the ball forward plays right into their hands.

Essendon one of these sides that just like to play us, see: GWS.

Fiorini & Ace & a few others shouldn't be playing. I'm not convinced bringing Rankine straight in after COVID was smart, either.

I think Caleb's been pretty good.

Ace is the only bloke chasing, Holman and Flanders should be out before Ace. We are just getting killed on the spread

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes umpiring has been disgraceful, but what we are seeing is exactly what everyone was worried about during the week/when the teams came out.

Still a lot to play out, but so far Dew has mis-read it badly. The pea-hearted effort doesn’t help.

Why do afl teams bring back players one week after having Covid, I’m no athlete but it rooted me for like three weeks I don’t know why we rush to bring back pro athletes, ranks looks ****ed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At my first game for the year and get the worst game if the year.

Sitting right in front of where the umpires walk off...they were looking so proud.

I told my son not to follow my lead and I stood up and yelled '17-6, good job boys'.

We are bad today but this umpiring is next level bad. Two teams out here not the Globetrotters vs the Generals

Shocking footy reminds me of Collingwood game where their half backs dominated.

Our weakness is the outside

And Essendon love that stuff, can’t see how we win from here

This is the worst ground for our game style, super fast deck and can't get any pressure around the ball.

Shocking footy reminds me of Collingwood game where their half backs dominated.

Our weakness is the outside

And Essendon love that stuff, can’t see how we win from here
Agreed. We have no outside game. If it gets out or they get a turnover from half back they will run it up the ground with ease.

Our structures look shot.

Why do afl teams bring back players one week after having Covid, I’m no athlete but it rooted me for like three weeks I don’t know why we rush to bring back pro athletes, ranks looks *ed
I was fit enough to run after 4 days. Did laps of my back yard, but for a 6ft6 110kg bloke still felt comfortable enough to do it. I'm sure he's fine the amount of nutrients and diet they have puts them in peal physical condition.

We played our grand final last week. Been concerned about this
Well yeah the lack of pressure last week I thought it was that time of year where we're cooked again. Seems we are and last weeks result was an outlier.

This is the worst ground for our game style, super fast deck and can't get any pressure around the ball.
Exactly, we are lacking the foot speed with all the injuries the play an outside game like the Bombers.
Watching Rowelly get burnt off contest after contest because he looks like he is running with concrete boots on is incredibly frustrating.

Was thinking this, too. Have we played at Marvel this year, yet? I don't think we have, and it shows. It's such a different ground to playing anywhere outside, which is what we're clearly built for.

Doesn't help that Fiorini is on the wing. Meanwhile, Sharpy in the 2s on a wing and going very well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back