Autopsy Round 18 vs Essendon @ Marvel Stadium 17.07.22 - 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Soft effort from arguably our weakest team for the year. Sharp, Constable, Hollands, Farrah all should be given games above some of the guys in this week. No harm in giving them all an extended run from next week - finals gone for 2022 if it was ever there.

Pathetic effort. Ruckman runs in a goal from halfway untouched, while his direct opponent Chol is walking 30 meters behind him…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We are so far off the pace today. On every line. Lethargic and weak in tackles.

A few players trying and trying. But some big question marks on a lot of them.

Obviously it’s easier to run when you’re winning. But this is the worst loss of the year by a long margin. Both in the scoreboard, on effort, and in the context of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outplayed by the Jabbers today with the help of the umps. I hoped the boys could off withstood the early whistle, the middle whistle and late whistle. Clear that we are still a few quality players short. Too many players not the the required level to be considered a finals contender. Would love to attract a player like Shields who would make a massive difference. I know more chance of finding rocking horse shlt or a competent umpire in Victoria. Big game next week. GO THE SUNS.
Is it just me but I can not stand commentator Dwayne. Peanut.

Cant wait to lose to North and West Coast 👌
Based on that effort and the improved performances from both NM and Eagles - none of the last 4 games can be called probable wins. Hopefully Eagles at home might be winnable but NM in Tassie will be hard - and let's not think about Lions and Cats! If we end up on 8 wins and NOT 10, which would have been a pass - it will have ended poorly. On a bright side, King back next year, Jeffery as well and hopefully a decent key back player to relieve Sam and Charlie who were under constant pressure....and we have to make finals. Liam Jones anyone?

We were too tall up forward and too slow around the ground today. And on top of that we were out played and out worked all game (bar a few minute bursts here and there).

Bowes is not a defender. Play him in the middle or not at all. I’d rather he be sub than watch that again.

Fiorini is not a winger. He should be dropped for the season. If he can’t be an inside mid he can’t play. Sorry if that’s harsh.

Flanders is not up to standard right now and I haven’t seen a lot from him yet. Had enough games to have a crack. Dropped for the season.

Those are three things that have been apparent for weeks.

Meanwhile Sharp has 27 disposals and kicks 3.2 in the VFL. Maybe we should give him a few games in a row like some others get, especially since we don’t have a winger on, you know, the wing…

Sorry for the rant. Very disappointing day and it could very well kill the season. Now we have to beat Lions and Geelong… It’s been fun getting excited, but this kills my buzz completely.

Well
Not surprised.
Too many passengers / below standard players in the team at the moment. Injuries really thwarting us right now.

Just let them do what they wanted. I'm sure we pride ourselves as being 'hard to play against'. well that was the complete opposite.

Positives
I got to watch goal of the year as it happened.
Lukosius getting more of the ball and managed to kick a goal.
Touk got to experience a tag again - will keep getting the attention as we continue to improve.
Chol kicked another couple of goals - still in with a chance of 50 goals for the year

Positives
I got to watch goal of the year as it happened.
Lukosius getting more of the ball and managed to kick a goal.
Touk got to experience a tag again - will keep getting the attention as we continue to improve.
Chol kicked another couple of goals - still in with a chance of 50 goals for the year
Chol was not enjoying his treatment from the Bomber’s defenders.

Sometimes I feel he demands the free after he is forced to ground or taken out of the contest, but it really did look like he was being done dirty today. Still, at least a goal a game is no small achievement.

Chol was not enjoying his treatment from the Bomber’s defenders.

Sometimes I feel he demands the free after he is forced to ground or taken out of the contest, but it really did look like he was being done dirty today. Still, at least a goal a game is no small achievement.
We need to remember as well that Chol is still very young in terms of games played, too. He's never played this many games in a season (by far), so he's very much learning his craft too. Looking around for frees is always a sign for me that you're sore as hell.

He'll be so much better next year with this experience and King next to him.

We were too tall up forward and too slow around the ground today. And on top of that we were out played and out worked all game (bar a few minute bursts here and there).

Bowes is not a defender. Play him in the middle or not at all. I’d rather he be sub than watch that again.

Fiorini is not a winger. He should be dropped for the season. If he can’t be an inside mid he can’t play. Sorry if that’s harsh.

Flanders is not up to standard right now and I haven’t seen a lot from him yet. Had enough games to have a crack. Dropped for the season.

Those are three things that have been apparent for weeks.

Meanwhile Sharp has 27 disposals and kicks 3.2 in the VFL. Maybe we should give him a few games in a row like some others get, especially since we don’t have a winger on, you know, the wing…

Sorry for the rant. Very disappointing day and it could very well kill the season. Now we have to beat Lions and Geelong… It’s been fun getting excited, but this kills my buzz completely.
Just about to put up just this exactly. Flanders, fiorini, bowes, holman, Rowell, plus all the talls = not enough speed against a quick team on a fast track. Fiorini time might be up unfortunately, so much more benefit playing hollands or sharp now. Just can't see a player in Flanders. Those 2 plus sexton, corbett, McPherson and maybe burgess would be better off getting off the books. Bowes ain't a defender but they probably knew that when he was dropped last year. Luko was still rusty but there was some good signs from him. I'd be playing hollands and rotating the midfield a bit more through half fwd. I do like holman but he was way off the speed today. Gee the highs of footy get you up and about but the lows really test you.

We need to remember as well that Chol is still very young in terms of games played, too. He's never played this many games in a season (by far), so he's very much learning his craft too. Looking around for frees is always a sign for me that you're sore as hell.

Yeah chol is still a real positive he has things to work on for sure but could be a real star of the comp

Just about to put up just this exactly. Flanders, fiorini, bowes, holman, Rowell, plus all the talls = not enough speed against a quick team on a fast track. Fiorini time might be up unfortunately, so much more benefit playing hollands or sharp now. Just can't see a player in Flanders. Those 2 plus sexton, corbett, McPherson and maybe burgess would be better off getting off the books. Bowes ain't a defender but they probably knew that when he was dropped last year. Luko was still rusty but there was some good signs from him. I'd be playing hollands and rotating the midfield a bit more through half fwd. I do like holman but he was way off the speed today. Gee the highs of footy get you up and about but the lows really test you.
Wouldn't mind constable's form in the VFL being rewarded to for Fiorini.

Fiorini for the last 2-3 years just can't cut it.

I’m certainly not upset with Chol at all. He’s been a great recruit for us. I was more wondering if he was badly treated by the umps or trying to milk frees. Maybe a bit of both?

King back will be immense. Someone like Jeffery too. Just really stretch the defence but with speed as well.

Chol gets so many goals out the back for a player his size. But he’s been starting to use his size and body a lot better. Keen to see him next season as he develops more.

Graham been good, all things considered.
I think he did alright.

Really despised one play when he gave Harrison Jones 5 metres leash on that play where the Essendon midfielder could only kick it in one spot because of pressure coming onto him.

Jones goes to the only spot the midfielder could kick it, and because Caleb was metres behind he couldn't get there with Jones marking and getting a set shot on goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back