Preview Round 18 vs Fremantle at Optus Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which kid? He’s an inside mid.

Give Fox a go on ball, get Rowbottom in there. This season is over- it was a month a half ago lets be honest. Get Stoddart in, give him a few games. McVeigh being injured is probably disappointing for him personally and for Horse who loves to play every old bloke on the list, but for the side this gives an opportunity to these players.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Give Fox a go on ball, get Rowbottom in there. This season is over- it was a month a half ago lets be honest. Get Stoddart in, give him a few games. McVeigh being injured is probably disappointing for him personally and for Horse who loves to play every old bloke on the list, but for the side this gives an opportunity to these players.

Last I looked Rowbottom is in there. Stoddart would get squashed on the inside. I’d be playing Fox but he’s not a kid.

So. No one.

Last I looked Rowbottom is in there. Stoddart would get squashed on the inside. I’d be playing Fox but he’s not a kid.

So. No one.

Try some new things. What is there to lose? Oh we'd lose a game or two? So what. The season is over. This is all preparation for next year. Lets see whether Fox can cut it, Rose as well. As a club we surely need to know, otherwise we are keeping players on our list longer than we should if we don't know.

Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
So we play a midfielder who can't kick and has to handball...it was a howler of a recruitment decision, and it still is. Was an absolute panic decision. I just don't see it with Clarke. Give some of the kids a go.

Fox is 26, while Clarke is still only 22. Clarke is the kid out of those 2.

But yes, play Clarke in the middle. There's plenty of players who are poor kicks but good handballers who get a run and do well. Hanners was one, Jones isn't all that good when kicking, hell Mitchell was an awful kick his first couple of seasons. Kieran Jack was never that accurate a kick, Clarke isn't as bad as you make him out to be.

it was a howler of a recruitment decision, and it still is. Was an absolute panic decision.
Again trading a kid with pick 62 was a howler of a decision? What you are on about?

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
So we play a midfielder who can't kick and has to handball...it was a howler of a recruitment decision, and it still is. Was an absolute panic decision. I just don't see it with Clarke. Give some of the kids a go.
It was not a panic decision, Kinnear Beatson himself said he wanted to draft him initially...panic or patience?

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Try some new things. What is there to lose? Oh we'd lose a game or two? So what. The season is over. This is all preparation for next year. Lets see whether Fox can cut it, Rose as well. As a club we surely need to know, otherwise we are keeping players on our list longer than we should if we don't know.

Because as soon as you send a message thatwinning doesn’t matter you risk infecting the club with a disease it can take decades to cure.

Meanwhile, Franklin has not only been ruled out of playing his 300th against Fremantle in Perth this weekend, but he is considered next to no chance of bringing up the milestone the following week against Geelong at the SCG either.
It was anticipated Franklin would return from a hamstring injury for either round 18 or 19, but Swans coach John Longmire admits the superstar’s return date is now unknown.
Sydney take on the Giants in round 20 in a cross-town blockbuster, but Franklin may now be forced to bring up his 300th away from the SCG.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Meanwhile, Franklin has not only been ruled out of playing his 300th against Fremantle in Perth this weekend, but he is considered next to no chance of bringing up the milestone the following week against Geelong at the SCG either.
It was anticipated Franklin would return from a hamstring injury for either round 18 or 19, but Swans coach John Longmire admits the superstar’s return date is now unknown.
Sydney take on the Giants in round 20 in a cross-town blockbuster, but Franklin may now be forced to bring up his 300th away from the SCG.

Wrap him up

Again trading a kid with pick 62 was a howler of a decision? What you are on about?

Take a punt on a kid in the draft rather than grab Clarke, who was and still is very ordinary

Because as soon as you send a message thatwinning doesn’t matter you risk infecting the club with a disease it can take decades to cure.

A few games this year won't make a lot of difference, it's about building for next year. I'd rather come 15th than scrape to a useless 12th. We need that top end of the draft, heaven knows we need that elite quality.

Go and grab your footy boots Bomber!

I'm 100 odd kilos, but I'm still backing myself to not miss from in front lol

might be slower than Jack though, although that would be a tight race!

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
A few games this year won't make a lot of difference, it's about building for next year. I'd rather come 15th than scrape to a useless 12th. We need that top end of the draft, heaven knows we need that elite quality.

A couple of defeats by 90 odd points might.

And what elite quality? Who will go at 4 and why is he so much better than 8 that you’d risk destroying a club’s culture to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back