Preview Round 18 vs Fremantle at Optus Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your guide dog has run away then I can understand thinking jack is still AFL standard

He should of retired in 2017

Paying him to be rubbish now, selecting him is taking the piss

Lucky we had a few injuries or probably still have Dawson and Aliir in the twos

I'm sorry Masey but it "literally" was the difference. The guy who saves multiple scoring opportunities from happening every week was not there to do so. Multiple scoring opportunities happened for the Blues, and they got the crucial goal and behind out of it.

Coaching is very difficult, match selection committee have a very complicated job. But sometimes footy really is that simple.

It didn’t make much difference really Longmire happily watched Teague adjust and go long and deep while we piddled around in the wind

Newman racks up 32
Cripps kills us

Ruck wouldn’t of mattered really

I can certain understand your want for Jack to not play seniors at this point. I am supportive of that (all I’ve said in the past is I understand why they might choose to select him).

However, if you think selecting any of Rose, Stoddart, Amartey or Knoll etc was the difference (“lost that at the selection table”), you’re kidding yourself.

I’ve been saying for 6 weeks I was happy with what Horse did, he played the kids, we were playing good footy. Wins and losses are relatively irrelevant this year. It’s more about the gameplan. Then last week he went backwards and selected Jack, instead of Rose who was doing well. Give him a go, 2-3 weeks isn’t enough

It didn’t make much difference really Longmire happily watched Teague adjust and go long and deep while we piddled around in the wind

Newman racks up 32
Cripps kills us

Ruck wouldn’t of mattered really

It wasn't the ruck that bothered me. We were gonna get smashed regardless. It was Aliir not being in defence.

It wasn't the ruck that bothered me. We were gonna get smashed regardless. It was Aliir not being in defence.

aliir could be a great ruckman

unfortunately melican seems to like his space, so we miss aliir down back too much

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I’ve been saying for 6 weeks I was happy with what Horse did, he played the kids, we were playing good footy. Wins and losses are relatively irrelevant this year. It’s more about the gameplan. Then last week he went backwards and selected Jack, instead of Rose who was doing well. Give him a go, 2-3 weeks isn’t enough

What if he wanted Rose to work on a specific aspect of his game and that would be better worked on in the Reserves? What if Rose and Clarke are the priorities here and Jack is the cannon fodder in this results irrelevant season?

What if he wanted Rose to work on a specific aspect of his game and that would be better worked on in the Reserves? What if Rose and Clarke are the priorities here and Jack is the cannon fodder in this results irrelevant season?

Well Done BfB.

Rose the priority when he’s on a one year deal? Rather Clarke not be in the top level anyway, skills are poor at best.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
So are you finally going to admit that just maybe we need to do some goal kicking practice now?

Jack is cooked, he was poor last year, he has been even worse this year. Our best games and form have been when he wasn't in the side. I'm all for giving him and McVeigh a farewell game, but lets build for next year and beyond, playing guys that aren't going to be here isn't what I call worthwhile.

You ever think even though this year is a write off they still want to win games and that was the best side they could pick that would do that last week ? They might be thinking Bums on Seats are important. Sydney is a fickle city a bit like supporters who don't follow their team through thick and thin and supporters who switch clubs.

Kolah

Senior List
Dec 29, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Don't want to keep putting the boots into him but Pathetic, Horrible, Terrible take your pick. Just can't believe this is the same kid from a couple of years ago. Even back then looked a bit robotic but looked strong man on man and even though a bit dour still a good solid defender. Just seems clueless while trying his heart out atm.

Can we swap Melican for Newman please, or is there a coaching issue here?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looks like doubtfuls for Fremantle are:
  • Stephen Hill could be sidelined yet again by quad soreness - Hill is not "100 per cent"
  • Hogan suffering a hiccup with his sore foot this week - arrived at the club nursing a navicular issue, was pushing to return after a month layoff
  • Sandilands was rested in Launceston - has pulled up sore after a match simulation session
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-07...ash-fires-up-ross-on-freos-bad-news-wednesday

Swans outs:
Dawson (suspended), Cunningham (injured), Jack
Possible in:
  • rucks:Amartey/Knoll
  • Fox (for Dawson)
  • Clarke for Cunningham
I'd keep Hayward and Ronke in - let them run @ Optus
I think we have put enough in with Amartey that I would give him the nod ahead of Knoll. I agree w Hayward but not so much with Ronke. Whilst we can be high and mighty about wins, the reality for us is to try to win games whilst looking ahead to next year, it is what it is and for this reason I would like to see Bell get a run ahead of Ronke or in place of Jack

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
You ever think even though this year is a write off they still want to win games and that was the best side they could pick that would do that last week ? They might be thinking Bums on Seats are important. Sydney is a fickle city a bit like supporters who don't follow their team through thick and thin and supporters who switch clubs.
Burn!

Kolah

Senior List
Dec 29, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Fyfe would monster Clarke.

Yes, Fyfe would beat Clarke comfortably. But Fyfe has become even more important to Fremantle as their injuries have increased. It’s almost, stop Fyfe, stop Fremantle. Hewitt is the alternative tagger and many on here have been recognising that George is better as a ball winner than a stopper. So, in an injury riddled Swans, I think a Clarke is the best of not great options. He has a huge tank and has played well in containing some very talented opponents.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back