Preview Round 18 vs Fremantle at Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love for Amartey to get a run. Was a different player last week in the twos... really imposed himself on the game. Hoping there might have been a debut carrot dangled in front of him.
Grown into a solid unit, agile and doesn’t mind throwing his weight around. Ruckwork has improved big time since he got belted against Redland in round 2 of the neafl.
While Knoll is beginning to show signs, don’t think he is up to a whole game at the level yet.
Of course Rosie should not have lost his place and, with a bye in the neafl, like to see Ryley get a run after a consistently good season. Maybe even Foot if the match committee really wanna let their hair down... as they’ve been known to do... not

So your speculation was better than their speculation?

Is there an emoji for a slow hand clap?

tenor.gif

Can we swap Melican for Newman please, or is there a coaching issue here?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I wouldn't get too excited about Newman. He played well but it's easy to rack up numbers when you're playing loose, no direct opponent to beat and the opposition is hacking the ball into your defensive 50. We played an extra man at the stoppages and Newman just mopped up loose balls all day.

Melican is a work in progress and he's shown previously that he can be very reliable KPF. He hasn't got it all together this year but I still think he can be part of our regular back 6. He's not Reg but few are.

I wouldn't get too excited about Newman. He played well but it's easy to rack up numbers when you're playing loose, no direct opponent to beat and the opposition is hacking the ball into your defensive 50. We played an extra man at the stoppages and Newman just mopped up loose balls all day.

Melican is a work in progress and he's shown previously that he can be very reliable KPF. He hasn't got it all together this year but I still think he can be part of our regular back 6. He's not Reg but few are.

Our defenders have been on a hiding to nothing this year with how bad our midfield has been. The game starts and ends with winning the ball out of the middle. Midfield has been pathetic, and thus the weight of numbers that our defence is having to cope with..I'm amazed we aren't giving up 120 points a game.

Our defenders have been on a hiding to nothing this year with how bad our midfield has been. The game starts and ends with winning the ball out of the middle. Midfield has been pathetic, and thus the weight of numbers that our defence is having to cope with..I'm amazed we aren't giving up 120 points a game.
It's been the story for a few seasons now. We play so much in our back half and give up so many inside 50s. Our back 6 was rock solid for quite a few seasons but you lose guys like Grundy, Smith and McVeigh and force Rampe to play undersized on the opposition's best forward and it's going to be tough.

I feel like our back 6 is getting chopped and changed a lot so they haven't really settled. Melican is only 22 and has a lot of time to improve so I don't get making him the scapegoat for what is a bigger problem than just him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hayden McLean, Ryley Stoddart, Robbie Fox and Ryan Clarke come into the side to replace Harry Cunningham (groin), Jordan Dawson (suspended), Ben Ronke and Kieren Jack.

:) :)

Key position Defender I think You Mean. Anyway as far as showing previously he can be a reliable Defender I think he gets a pass this year merely because of his Injury ravaged Year last Year and he may well be taking time to get back to the intensity of AFL Back 6 Footy which is a pressurised position to be in week in week out. Having said that if next year is not a drastic improvement on what he has served up this Year then he should get the services rendered trophy presented and Thanks For Your Service Certificate on his way out the Door.

Key position Defender I think You Mean. Anyway as far as showing previously he can be a reliable Defender I think he gets a pass this year merely because of his Injury ravaged Year last Year and he may well be taking time to get back to the intensity of AFL Back 6 Footy which is a pressurised position to be in week in week out. Having said that if next year is not a drastic improvement on what he has served up this Year then he should get the services rendered trophy presented and Thanks For Your Service Certificate on his way out the Door.

I agree with this in less brutal terms.

Meant KPD of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back