Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
I agree with this in less brutal terms.
I'd penciled him in as a future AA prior to his knee injury. If he can spend the offseason in a hypobaric (sic) chamber and recover his previous athleticism of which he is down a crucial 10-15% that allowed him to follow the lead and spoil - he can be a 200 gamer for us. If not....it's the knackery and all the best unfortunately.

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
We dont need another forward we need a known Ruck and Knoll has produced reasonable SANFL numbers.
I guess they figured either one is losing the taps to Frankenstein, Don Mclean might offer more around the ground atm? Happy for Mclean to get a crack. I'm sure we'll see Grassy at some stage soon.
Just keep Reid near the big sticks so he can take some marks and kick some goals is all I hope for. Instructions should be not to leave the forward 50 for more than 10 seconds.

It doesn’t matter who we put in the ruck this weekend, Sandilands and Darcy will win most of the hitouts anyway. So we might as well put Aliir and Reid in their favoured positions where they can at least impact the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Pretty bad news for Knoll if they rate Mclean ahead of him :oops:
Snagged a few last week and was in the bests from memory. Reward form is always a good (and underutilised at the Swans) strategy.
Knoll would be playing for the Dons this week if they had him. Zac is out with the sniffles.

How we stack up:

Average games played
Dockers - 92.7
Swans - 71.6

Over 100 games
Dockers - 8
Swans - 5

Under 50 games
Dockers - 8
Swans - 11

Under 20 games
Dockers - 4
Swans - 6

We should expect a good showing from our boys after a disappointing performance last week that lacked intensity and ticker. Anything less would be disappointing and inexcusable. But what these players stand for matters more than results at this point, as we're always going to have the odds stacked against us with figures such as those above.

Kolah

Senior List
Dec 29, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I wouldn't get too excited about Newman. He played well but it's easy to rack up numbers when you're playing loose, no direct opponent to beat and the opposition is hacking the ball into your defensive 50. We played an extra man at the stoppages and Newman just mopped up loose balls all day.

Melican is a work in progress and he's shown previously that he can be very reliable KPF. He hasn't got it all together this year but I still think he can be part of our regular back 6. He's not Reg but few are.

I agree that they are different types playing different positions, and I don’t want to provoke a Mitchell discussion. At the same time and FWIW, while Lewis and Nick both have a disposal efficiency of 75%, Nick is averaging more than 22 possessions per game and Lewis under 10. I wasn’t a fan of Newman going and Melican is consistently playing well below his best. Like you, I hope Lewis finds his old self really soon.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I agree that they are different types playing different positions, and I don’t want to provoke a Mitchell discussion. At the same time and FWIW, while Lewis and Nick both have a disposal efficiency of 75%, Nick is averaging more than 22 possessions per game and Lewis under 10. I wasn’t a fan of Newman going and Melican is consistently playing well below his best. Like you, I hope Lewis finds his old self really soon.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Newman’s playing the Lloyd role, not the Melican one. That’s the comparison.

Actually makes no sense why recruit Knoll make him move interstate and dont play him in a game like this?

(unless he is injured)
Maybe he was over rated and up close we now see some deficiencies......no biggie really....it’s up to him to force his way in, not the mc to gift him a run

How we stack up:

Average games played
Dockers - 92.7
Swans - 71.6

Over 100 games
Dockers - 8
Swans - 5

Under 50 games
Dockers - 8
Swans - 11

Under 20 games
Dockers - 4
Swans - 6

We should expect a good showing from our boys after a disappointing performance last week that lacked intensity and ticker. Anything less would be disappointing and inexcusable. But what these players stand for matters more than results at this point, as we're always going to have the odds stacked against us with figures such as those above.

Don't know about this. BfB convinced me KJs selection last week was a coaching masterstroke. BfB also convinced me KJ was actually quite good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back