Preview Round 18 vs Fremantle at Optus Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Maybe he was over rated and up close we now see some deficiencies......no biggie really....it’s up to him to force his way in, not the mc to gift him a run

Grundy didn’t come good until 2009, age 23. Even then the negative types bagged him out for a couple more years. Then after “always knowing” he was “the man” in defence, they retired him 3 years ago and the selfish bastard clogged our list since 2016.

I think we should wait another year before judging.

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Grundy didn’t come good until 2009, age 23. Even then the negative types bagged him out for a couple more years. Then after “always knowing” he was “the man” in defence, they retired him 3 years ago and the selfish bastard clogged our list since 2016.

I think we should wait another year before judging.
I'd still have him in our 22 ! Wish they hadn't retired him halfway through the year with the cupboard so bare (but I don't know the medical situ)

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I'd still have him in our 22 ! Wish they hadn't retired him halfway through the year with the cupboard so bare (but I don't know the medical situ)

I think they’d have loved the opportunity to get another year out of Reg and switch Maibaum and Melican in and out as 3rd talls but life ain’t fair. His back is buggered.

Kolah

Senior List
Dec 29, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Actually makes no sense why recruit Knoll make him move interstate and dont play him in a game like this?

(unless he is injured)

Knoll is a project player. As you know, he only started playing Aussie Rules two years ago, from playing professional basketball in the US. He’s very big and athletic and quickly demonstrating real potential but he’s only played a couple of weeks at NEAFL level. He has a lot to learn about playing the game and his role, let alone the game plan and midfield systems.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Then you must have ducked under BfB’s argument. Don’t duck, B52, stand and fight.

Now now BfB it's lights out here. You made a remarkable argument last week re KJ. Has he gone back to the Ressies to further his development?

Now now BfB it's lights out here. You made a remarkable argument last week re KJ. Has he gone back to the Ressies to further his development?

Let's just hope Jack stays there!

Let's just hope Jack stays there!

I think he goes back and helps further our younger players development. A playing coach type role in the NEAFL is where I think he is of most value to us over the final rounds of 2019. He has a fair bit to share I would think. No shame in that.

I think he goes back and helps further our younger players development. A playing coach type role in the NEAFL is where I think he is of most value to us over the final rounds of 2019. He has a fair bit to share I would think. No shame in that.

100% agreed. Happy for him and McVeigh to that matter to get a farewell last match at home.

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
Do you think McLean will play predominantly in the ruck or will he be part of a rotation?

Ralphyboy

All Australian
May 25, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
He is on 4 neafl games so far, hopefully he gets 3 more and can then play against non afl sides in the finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back