Unofficial Preview Round 18 vs Gold Coast @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a Foote fan, but that's just clearly incorrect. A player who dominates the VFL MIGHT get a call up for a spot on an AFL list, provided they are young enough to suggest they have improvement in them. At that point they are of a standard generally of number 25+ on the AFL list, so in each of the AFL reserves teams playing in the NEAFL there would be several players better than the hypothetical gun VFL player. One example being Towers, who in his VFL days would have gotten a run for any team. Since then he has undoubtedly improved significantly, to the point where on the weekend he was almost as good as Foote.

Again, I don't rate Foote at this point, but watching him in the NEAFL game on the weekend there's no denying that the things he was doing would have worked at AFL level as well. I have moved from being a firm believer that he would never make it, to thinking maybe there's a chance he might be able to be a useful contributer.

what are those attributes that would translate to the afl that he performs in the NEAFL?

what are those attributes that would translate to the afl that he performs in the NEAFL?
are you seriously asking that question or are you doing so from a position of sarcasm. In either case look at his stats.

I don't get the hate for foote, robinson etc. They aren't world beaters. But Paul Bevan won a flag by being a role player. All we after from players like foote and allir and robinson and marsh is that they keep improving to the point where when called upon in the ones they can be trusted to do so.

Foote is not there yet but he is improving and getting better in the twos. See what happens if he gets picked.

are you seriously asking that question or are you doing so from a position of sarcasm. In either case look at his stats.

I don't get the hate for foote, robinson etc. They aren't world beaters. But Paul Bevan won a flag by being a role player. All we after from players like foote and allir and robinson and marsh is that they keep improving to the point where when called upon in the ones they can be trusted to do so.

Foote is not there yet but he is improving and getting better in the twos. See what happens if he gets picked.

i am seriously asking the question... no sarcasm at all. i have never seen him do anything at afl level and he has had several chances.

what is his role at afl level?

apparently he had a good game on the weekend which i missed but ive seen every other game this year and he hasnt done anything at neafl level when he has played, let alone afl level.

one decent game in the neafl for the season.

*Shakes head*

After a long injury layoff with a hamstring he's collected around 10-12 possessions and 2 goals in each of his three games since he returned.

During the pre season he showed class in his ball movement that caught the eye of a number of supporters.

He no doubt would need to get his possession numbers up at the NEAFL level to be considered for seniors but for a 1st year Academy rookie there's a lot to like.

Regardless of who plays if we play that shite brand of footy we've played at the SCG all year I'll effing lose it. We play so much better away from the SCG it is time to play like that at home too ffs.

Regardless of who plays if we play that shite brand of footy we've played at the SCG all year I'll effing lose it. We play so much better away from the SCG it is time to play like that at home too ffs.

Well not having Hanners playing at 5% fitness could help at home, not to mention Jack.

We should do well this week, I like the timeslot too.

Rest Kennedy and play Foote as inside mid. Attends 80% Centre bounces and around the ground ball ups.

Minimum
22 possies
5 clearances
6 tackles

Foote can play (Miles) role, cheaply.

Good game when played in the right position. Watch it happen!

Reality. Forward flank - wrong position
0 attendances in centres,
8 possies
2 turnovers
1 tackle

Calling for his blood.

Just gave him his chance to his strengths. Inside mid. Thats it!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

But who outran their opponents took a courageous mark and kicked to Ronke to kick the sealer against the Hawks.

Can't believe you used Ronke to hammer home your point don't recall asking for him to be dropped.

Don't stress I'm sure they are thinking the same way about Rohan as you doesn't stop me hoping he comes in for Newman.
People also forget he was very important in that gws game. Kicked 2 crucial goals to give us back the momentum at a time when gsw looked like over-running us as in recent games. In several matches, he's either kept us in it, or won them for us. Kickd the sealer against richmond last yr, won it at the death for us against essendon, gave us back the lead and momentum against gws, crucial play and goal assist to ronke against hawks at the G when game was in the balance . The richmond game was an anomaly and the worst i'd seen of his career but it was against richmond, not carlton. In tight games, i'd rather Rohan in than not. Had he played against geelong, he may have kicked the 2 goals to get us over the line. Despite all this, i think he can go an even higher level when you compare to his form of previous yrs and his general game involvement which i believe has been attributed to impact of losing his baby girl.

Rest Kennedy and play Foote as inside mid. Attends 80% Centre bounces and around the ground ball ups.

Minimum
22 possies
5 clearances
6 tackles

Foote can play (Miles) role, cheaply.

Good game when played in the right position. Watch it happen!

Reality. Forward flank - wrong position
0 attendances in centres,
8 possies
2 turnovers
1 tackle

Calling for his blood.

Just gave him his chance to his strengths. Inside mid. Thats it!!

I'm all aboard the Foote train for this weekend but my biggest criticisms weren't that his numbers were so poor, it was more his decisions looked appalling when he had the ball. I still remember the ball going out, just on the boundary and what does he do? Tries to keep it in with his foot but instead kicks it out on the full. Was under no pressure and had it gone out we'd have a ball up in our 50 almost in front of goal.

I'm all aboard the Foote train for this weekend but my biggest criticisms weren't that his numbers were so poor, it was more his decisions looked appalling when he had the ball. I still remember the ball going out, just on the boundary and what does he do? Tries to keep it in with his foot but instead kicks it out on the full. Was under no pressure and had it gone out we'd have a ball up in our 50 almost in front of goal.
Unfortunately I believe some of our coaching effects player instincts.

Simple for Foote, win the ball, handpass to the outside or 40-50m kick forward, the Swans system. (Bomb it forward)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The hatred for Foote on this board is a bit unfair IMO. Yeah, he wasn't great when selected, but that often happens when you play a bloke out of position. Compare his output/board response to when Aliir was played out of position earlier this year. This board definitely has its favourites and some other blokes really unfairly cop it.

Before anyone goes the pointless and out-of-context response to the comparison, Aliir is comfortably a better player than Foote.

The hatred for Foote on this board is a bit unfair IMO. Yeah, he wasn't great when selected, but that often happens when you play a bloke out of position. Compare his output/board response to when Aliir was played out of position earlier this year. This board definitely has its favourites and some other blokes really unfairly cop it.

Before anyone goes the pointless and out-of-context response to the comparison, Aliir is comfortably a better player than Foote.

I would just like to see Foote in a game where we aren’t under constant finals-like pressure. Don’t forget most of his games came during the 0-6 period which is really a disastrous introduction for kids. I think a comfortable armchair transition to senior footy is helpful, like Mills Hewett and Papley all got. Their first three games were convincing Swans victories and look how much confidence they took out of their first month of footy

I would just like to see Foote in a game where we aren’t under constant finals-like pressure. Don’t forget most of his games came during the 0-6 period which is really a disastrous introduction for kids. I think a comfortable armchair transition to senior footy is helpful, like Mills Hewett and Papley all got. Their first three games were convincing Swans victories and look how much confidence they took out of their first month of footy
Very good post. Not necessarily advocating for his selection as I would rather see Dawson, but JPK out is also a great time for him to get a crack. They play a very similar role. We could have used another contested hard nut last week.

Keenedy to play Harley said
Oh joy. We haven't learned anything from the past few years then.

Killing all our key players before finals is bound to work eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back