Review Round 18 vs Hawthorn @ Adelaide Oval (20/9/20 - 1:05pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you guys thought of playing two ruckman ie Smith and resting Witt's as a forward ie like the Big O and Cox
Neither can play forward like Oscar and Mason. They'd both be lumbering and unable to provide much pressure or be a target, and neither are reliable set shots.

OUT: Harbrow, Holman, King

IN: Rowell, Rowell's Dad, Murtagh

Get the win it gets us to 6.5 wins in a 17 game season with a percentage over 90. Ill take that every day off the week. Really should of had 8 wins but just couldn't close the bombers and saints games. Get Rowell back in the middle with some natural improvement from all the youngens and we should be pushing for 10 wins next year. Exciting times ahead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm assuming it will be Harbrow's last game (expect an announcement this week) so he has to get a final game - then I'd drop Holman for Ainsworth. Lemmens goes out injured and shock horror I'd give Fiorini one last chance to show what he's got. McPherson to go out and I'd swing Swallow to HF (moving in and out of the mid) with Brodie going into the mids to again give us one last look before he probably goes to to great things elsewhere. Corbett stays as there isn't much below that is ready - same for Graham who shows signs of hopefully replacing Rory (might not play again). There are still a number of players who shouldn't make it but we really don't have too many to replace at their stage of development. Miles should have been given a couple of games and seems to be out of favour. I agree with another poster that we are probably playing at least 5 guys who aren't up to it but that's a lot better than a year ago when half the side wouldn't have got a spot in another team. The transition is almost there but still a few steps to go. A couple of mature defenders (an intercept mark and an accumulator in the style of Lloys (Swans) and we can make an upward charge.

This week? Two legends of the Hawks glory years bow out so it will be very tough but if we bring the right attitude - we can win our 6th for the year which is exactly what I thought would be a pass mark. The draw then makes it even more successful BUT we MUST win this week.

I'm assuming it will be Harbrow's last game (expect an announcement this week) so he has to get a final game - then I'd drop Holman for Ainsworth. Lemmens goes out injured and shock horror I'd give Fiorini one last chance to show what he's got. McPherson to go out and I'd swing Swallow to HF (moving in and out of the mid) with Brodie going into the mids to again give us one last look before he probably goes to to great things elsewhere. Corbett stays as there isn't much below that is ready - same for Graham who shows signs of hopefully replacing Rory (might not play again). There are still a number of players who shouldn't make it but we really don't have too many to replace at their stage of development. Miles should have been given a couple of games and seems to be out of favour. I agree with another poster that we are probably playing at least 5 guys who aren't up to it but that's a lot better than a year ago when half the side wouldn't have got a spot in another team. The transition is almost there but still a few steps to go. A couple of mature defenders (an intercept mark and an accumulator in the style of Lloys (Swans) and we can make an upward charge.

This week? Two legends of the Hawks glory years bow out so it will be very tough but if we bring the right attitude - we can win our 6th for the year which is exactly what I thought would be a pass mark. The draw then makes it even more successful BUT we MUST win this week.
A cheapish available "accumulator" in the right age bracket (24) is Fremantle's Connor Blakely. Can't get a game in their midfield at the moment and has been playing half back for the last two years. He could take Bowes role and Bowes can push back up into the guts.

Connor stands at 188cm 90kg, solid boy who captained WA U18's so will add leadership. Surely Lachie can get into his ear, there was a bit of interest in him last year.

I do love Will Brodie but if we lose a depth player for a player that fills our needs, i'll do it every week. Unless Touk can somehow turn into that player that would save us the hassle

A cheapish available "accumulator" in the right age bracket (24) is Fremantle's Connor Blakely. Can't get a game in their midfield at the moment and has been playing half back for the last two years. He could take Bowes role and Bowes can push back up into the guts.

Connor stands at 188cm 90kg, solid boy who captained WA U18's so will add leadership. Surely Lachie can get into his ear, there was a bit of interest in him last year.

I do love Will Brodie but if we lose a depth player for a player that fills our needs, i'll do it every week. Unless Touk can somehow turn into that player that would save us the hassle
Don't think he'd mind the GC

Also think he is a terrible kick.
He's really an inside mid.
I wouldn't mind him at the club though.

Like to sleep with teammate GF . Weller watch out .

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back