Review Round 18 vs Hawthorn @ Adelaide Oval (20/9/20 - 1:05pm)

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You would think Geelong will beat Sydney and Melbourne will beat Essendon.
So if we win we will go from pick 5 to pick 6.
Maybe that’s a reason to make all those mass changes, give lots of people that haven’t played this year a game.
You then have the excuse of having rolled out a weak lineup, you get to have a look at all those players that have been denied a game this year and we stay at pick 5.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Maybe that’s a reason to make all those mass changes, give lots of people that haven’t played this year a game.
You then have the excuse of having rolled out a weak lineup, you get to have a look at all those players that have been denied a game this year and we stay at pick 5.
Nope, we need to go out with a win. Enough of the losing culture. We need to win and end the season on a high note so it builds faith and belief in all the young fellas that their hard work is paying off.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Clarko and the Hawks are in tank mode and risk potentially jumping ahead of the Swans on the ladder if they beat us. Even though we're a better team than the Hawks currently, I think the potential draft ramifications should mean this is a fairly comfortable win for us.

We'll go into the off season with a win, 13th place on the ladder (our second highest ever finish) and 6.5 wins in a 17 game season with a percentage of 95+. That's clearly progression from last season. It's only 2.5 wins and less than 10% behind the Bulldogs who are currently in 8th position.

The last (and only) time we won the final round of the season was against the Giants in 2013. Our losing average for the last 3 years is 96 points. Time to finish on a high.

McLennan was meant to be his replacement when we moved up the draft 2 years ago..

give the kid a run.

Get some hunger in his belly pre- pre season.

I don't think that will happen. Harbrow will get his final game (might announce retirement prior). Kids aren't getting enough of a run elsewhere to have match fitness. There will be no changes if possible.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
I don't think that will happen. Harbrow will get his final game (might announce retirement prior). Kids aren't getting enough of a run elsewhere to have match fitness. There will be no changes if possible.
Lemmens out, Ainsworth in, maybe Flanders back in for Holman

Lemmens out, Ainsworth in, maybe Flanders back in for Holman

Yeah, Ainsworth of course.

Holman, or as he was known for a period of time on Monday - ******* HOLMAN!!!! should get dropped, not sure what Flanders is offering though but get another game into him I guess.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Yeah, Ainsworth of course.

Holman, or as he was known for a period of time on Monday - ******* HOLMAN!!!! should get dropped, not sure what Flanders is offering though but get another game into him I guess.
Ned will be better off for the run, id love to see him get some midfield bursts but im not sure if he has the tank for it yet

Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
The last (and only) time we won the final round of the season was against the Giants in 2013. Our losing average for the last 3 years is 96 points. Time to finish on a high.
I have the signed game ball from that one. Had no idea that’s the last time we won the final round.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Murdoch , GHS , Miles, hombsch should play their their part big body to protect the kids plus super and warming up seat for Atkins .

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
If Hawks are tanking, put your house on us 40+

Back