Review Round 18 vs Hawthorn @ Adelaide Oval (20/9/20 - 1:05pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think you missed the point of my post. Our game is done, and it was rubbish, can’t change that now. If Sydney knock over Geelong we get a better pick. A silver lining after the fact.

No I mean every year people get more excited about the high draft picker are going to get..

surely it’s time the picks get traded for an established player than going back to the draft again for another “kid with potential”

LiveTheDream73

Debutant
Apr 18, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
It is pretty concerning for me.
It's like the coaching group has decided which players will make us a finals team in 3-4 years time instead of playing people to actually find out.
Never know what you might find!

Should have rested a couple, particularly in the back half to give others a run.

We came second to Port Adelaide who only used 30 players all season. Us 31, but if you go from after the break and remove Joyce and Brodie, we come in at 29 and the winners for least players used. Considering limited injuries and congested draw, its not rocket science to work out why the team looked out of gas.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We came second to Port Adelaide who only used 30 players all season. Us 31, but if you go from after the break and remove Joyce and Brodie, we come in at 29 and the winners for least players used. Considering limited injuries and congested draw, its not rocket science to work out why the team looked out of gas.

So we have 51 on the list and only used 29.........wonder what the other 22 think of that....

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Yet the Coch will come out and say Brodie 2MP and Fiorini are required players and won’t be traded for anything less then a first Rd pick...

*last 2h of trade week*

all gone for future 3rd Rd picks

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
I have been really disappointed 3 times this year.
Game 1 against Port.
The Lions game.
And this one.
The Blues game was woeful but given our selection policies that was always going to be a difficult game (foot, gun, fire away).

But against the Hawks, once again, it was just not good enough b/c it showed a lack of effort and desire. Have a look at the tackle numbers for some of our mids, one way traffic (don't think Ando will be wanting to watch that game again).

Strongly suggest Clarko is ringing up the AFL every year asking for a late season game against the Suns so he can retire a few more players in style. FFS!@!!!!

The Blues getting criticised for consistently giving up long goal streaks. We should be getting heavily criticised for not turning up too many times in a season. This is the type of mindset that leaks across to next season. Rowelly and getting a year older won't fix everything.

For future reference, search for a clip of college women's basketball coach Kara Lawson talking about working hard versus competing.
Too much hard work and not enough competing for mine.

1600656461888.jpeg

Everyone! To the Drafts and Trading thread!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
The performance wasn’t but doesn’t mean you just go abusing the CEO
I wouldnt abuse him at all, Id just want a clarification on where the club stands on the last month of the year and what they are going to do to rectify these late season fadeouts, as they have happened every year and its getting beyond a joke

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I wouldnt abuse him at all, Id just want a clarification on where the club stands on the last month of the year and what they are going to do to rectify these late season fadeouts, as they have happened every year and its getting beyond a joke
The football department has been preoccupied in the last month or so Supersuns. Unfortunately it's not with football.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
They got rid of everyone who questioned the lack of standards/accountability.

How would the much lauded wonderful gift that all the amazing and so much superior to us idiots from the Gold Coast-Tweed from The VFL House school tie brigade in Mark Evans that was bestowed upon us be so bad in his judgement to allow this to happen?

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
How would the much lauded wonderful gift that all the amazing and so much superior to us idiots from the Gold Coast-Tweed from VFL House school tie brigade in Mark Evans that was bestowed upon us be so bad in his judgement to allow this to happen?
Give your GC superiority complex a break jesus christ, get over yourself

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
They got rid of everyone who questioned the lack of standards/accountability.

I don’t doubt what your saying, you have never been wrong before.
If this is the case, one would think the players have caught on?

If I was Fiorini Brodie or 2MP I’d be out quick smart.
It’s obvious Dew has his favourites and once your out.
The door is officially locked behind you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back