Review Round 18 vs Western Bulldogs @ Metricon Stadium (17.07.2021 @ 4:35pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Goldcoast-vs-Bulldogs.png

2021 AFL Season
Round 18
Gold Coast FC vs Western Bulldogs
Metricon Stadium, Nerang, Queensland
Saturday 17th July - 4:35pm - Australian Eastern Standard Time​

Bowes might be in trouble for the high contact on Whitfield?
Greenwood done and dusted
Maybe Brodie gets a shot?:p:p:p:rolleyes:
Jy Farrar in if Bowes does time given Weller probably won't be available

Super disappointing R.E Greenwood if suspicions are confirmed. Our midfield is looking extremely toothless with no Witts and Greenwood, outside Touk of course.
Rowell getting in and under but looks like he is still trying to trust his body again and can’t quite burst out of tackles and get the ball away still. But hopefully he keeps building ready for a big ‘22.
Weller would’ve added a point of difference in there but he has been well down and possible concussion in the VFL?
Hopefully this gives Brodie a run in the guts just to see what happens, but I won’t hold my breath.

Assume the change will be Corbett for Greenwood.

As good as Burgess has been, I wonder whether you need to bring back Zach Smith against the Dogs.

Burgess been able to compete with both Chol and Mumford due to his work rate and leap.
Against English - he doesn't really have a play.

As much as Zach is a barely VFL player - we just might need his size.

Super disappointing R.E Greenwood if suspicions are confirmed. Our midfield is looking extremely toothless with no Witts and Greenwood, outside Touk of course.
Rowell getting in and under but looks like he is still trying to trust his body again and can’t quite burst out of tackles and get the ball away still. But hopefully he keeps building ready for a big ‘22.
Weller would’ve added a point of difference in there but he has been well down and possible concussion in the VFL?
Hopefully this gives Brodie a run in the guts just to see what happens, but I won’t hold my breath.

Assume the change will be Corbett for Greenwood.
I think Corbett for Atkins
Whether the selection panel thinks Brodie gets Greenwoods spot will tell us a lot about where Will will be next year

We need to play quick football against the dogs

Greenwood out Corbett in

I think Corbett for Atkins
Whether the selection panel thinks Brodie gets Greenwoods spot will tell us a lot about where Will will be next year

I think regardless of whether he gets a game this week Will Brodie is gone at seasons end.

Dogs just lost to Sydney
The Dogs won the clearances 46-26 and the inside 50s 52-47 but still lost by more than three goals.

Do we know if they're going to be getting Naughton back for this one? The reason I ask is because the match report says they really missed Naughton and Stef Martin in today's match. Martin is gone for another week or two so we don't have to worry about him but Naughton could potentially return and hurt us big time.

The Dogs won the clearances 46-26 and the inside 50s 52-47 but still lost by more than three goals.

Do we know if they're going to be getting Naughton back for this one? The reason I ask is because the match report says they really missed Naughton and Stef Martin in today's match. Martin is gone for another week or two so we don't have to worry about him but Naughton could potentially return and hurt us big time.
Naughton had a concussion, so he should be back.

Corbett and Brodie should come in for Greenwood and Atkins IMO.

Should roll with the 3 talls as that is probably the Dogs one weakness and that is their defence.

Naughton had a concussion, so he should be back.

Corbett and Brodie should come in for Greenwood and Atkins IMO.

Should roll with the 3 talls as that is probably the Dogs one weakness and that is their defence.

Definitely Corbett. Greenwood replaced Corbett (concussion), so Corbett can take his place back again.

They may keep Atkins as sub, or bring in Brodie and move someone else to sub. If Brodie can’t crack in with no Greenwood, Weller or Anderson, then that’s that for him this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As good as Burgess has been, I wonder whether you need to bring back Zach Smith against the Dogs.

Burgess been able to compete with both Chol and Mumford due to his work rate and leap.
Against English - he doesn't really have a play.

As much as Zach is a barely VFL player - we just might need his size.
I'd be pretty happy to never see Smith in the 1s again, Burgess is better in all aspects

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd be pretty happy to never see Smith in the 1s again, Burgess is better in all aspects

Yeah.. against a guy who is just as good around the ground, is 208cm and can jump - I just see him getting destroyed.

has been amazing the past 2 weeks, no doubt,

But Mumford can’t jump so he can break even in the ruck contests and burgess can beat him around the ground easily - I think gws missed a trick playing finlaysin instead of Flynn.

Chol is a baup with no heart.

there were avenues to succeed

Yeah i understand but besides Smith's height he literally offers nothing to the team, watching him in the team just shows how much Witts means to us, he was a huge loss this year. We've had 2 wins in a row against top 8 contenders, i would say they will stick with the current team besides Corbett and/or Brodie coming in for the dogs game.

Greenwood and Atkins out
Corbett and Brodie in

Watching live at the game you could see how much we missed Corbett for forward structure. GWS dropped a 3rd tall back to pick off marks and make 2v1 with only Day and King to fly for marking contests. Put Corba back in there and all of a sudden the defenders have to pay attention to him. He needs to constantly play as we struggle and Ben King struggles without him imo

Greenwood and Atkins out
Corbett and Brodie in

Watching live at the game you could see how much we missed Corbett for forward structure. GWS dropped a 3rd tall back to pick off marks and make 2v1 with only Day and King to fly for marking contests. Put Corba back in there and all of a sudden the defenders have to pay attention to him. He needs to constantly play as we struggle and Ben King struggles without him imo
Spot on

Spot on

Dogs have Williams and Young who peel off and fly for intercepts, play Day up the ground and pull Cordy/Keath away from the F50 and let Corbett and King beat their respective opponents. Keath isn't fantastic 1v1 he is more an interceptor.
Dogs weakness is their KPD strength, we need to take advantage of that, Dew needs to take the learnings from the GWS game into this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back