Preview Round 19, 2016 - Brisbane Lions Vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 changes and a young team doesen't permit an 80 point belting and half assed efforts from half them team on home soil. Everyone is still on notice and Leppa needs a couple more wins to sure up 2017.

We are in a very delicate situation where we are trying to salvage a tiny bit of respect from an otherwise completely unacceptable season, I was really praying for 2 in a row to build on last week - that chance is now gone.

Im actually a bit diserpointed tbh and I say again.. I hope this isn't used to deflect a really poor performance.. 'with the changes we had what did you expect?'.. I expect as many wins between now and the rest of the year as possible.

So our tall key backmen are Hammer, Skinner, Merret, Andrews against their key forward of Butcher... they are going to be walking out of their d50
What do our defenders have to do with their defensive 50 rebound? Wouldn't that have more to do with our forwards?

Will be away for the week and will only have my laptop and USB thingy with me so won't be seeing the game, AND to make matters worse, our game is not on the radio.:mad:

....so shall be relying on our gameday thread and you guys to keep me up to speed as to what is happening.

I expect big changes in the bottom end of our list over the off season. Eveyone getting a chance to show what that can do is good but a lot of pressure especially when there are not enough seniors to go around and help you out on the field. Would love to get a look at the check list that they are evaluating against.

Will be away for the week and will only have my laptop and USB thingy with me so won't be seeing the game, AND to make matters worse, our game is not on the radio.:mad:

....so shall be relying on our gameday thread and you guys to keep me up to speed as to what is happening.

Afl site saying sen and the afl match centre will have audio

Very comfortable with these changes:
1. Stef has not been right for a while and apparently carried an injury into last week's game -tick
2. Archie is the logical replacement and after nearly 3 years in the NEAFL on a development program deserves his chance - tick
3. Taylor back makes sense if we are serious about him being retained, plus the benefit of a little bit of his experience - tick
4. Skinner for Dizzy makes sense and really important for retention that we give our young cubs a taste of the big time if we want to retain them. From all accounts he is a gun in the making - tick
5. Schache has been long overdue for a rest and Close is the logical replacement - tick
6. NRobbo back in is a logical reward for effort - tick

Well done Leppa!

Worried about NRobbo's skills - they've been incredibly poor whenever I've seen him play. I'm hoping it's just a confidence thing and not permanent, because he can really offer something with his aggression.

To be honest the selections this week look like we are taking the piss.

We have just gone through the worst losing streak in our history; coming off the worst home crowd in our history; finally get our first win in over 3 months; and we decide to rest senior players from an incredibly young team and throw in yet more debutants.

Yeah you can scratch out a reason for each decision. Of course the general consensus during the week was no or minimal changes to a winning side. But don't let that phase you.

The die hard supporters like us can take it. But for everyday Lions supporters it just seems disrespectful IMO.

Me too. I must admit I'm a bit worried though, with our KPF talent, if this is a last look before end of season. Will they make a decision on this (and others over the next month)performance? Hope he has a good one.
Didn't he sign a 3 yr extension in 2014?

Very comfortable with these changes:
1. Stef has not been right for a while and apparently carried an injury into last week's game -tick
2. Archie is the logical replacement and after nearly 3 years in the NEAFL on a development program deserves his chance - tick
3. Taylor back makes sense if we are serious about him being retained, plus the benefit of a little bit of his experience - tick
4. Skinner for Dizzy makes sense and really important for retention that we give our young cubs a taste of the big time if we want to retain them. From all accounts he is a gun in the making - tick
5. Schache has been long overdue for a rest and Close is the logical replacement - tick
6. NRobbo back in is a logical reward for effort - tick

Well done Leppa!

Have to agree with this.

Although one thing I would like to see before the end of the year is Josh Clayton make his debut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do our defenders have to do with their defensive 50 rebound? Wouldn't that have more to do with our forwards?
Well he's right, they're not going to be stopping them.

Afl site saying sen and the afl match centre will have audio

Cheers:)

Must look again, I'm obviously going blind as did not see SEN mentioned, although I'll be out of range for them too.

It's mum's 85th birthday, so going bush to spend time with her and take her around to a few places she used to go with dad, a bit of shopping, pokies as well;) stuff she can't get to do anymore as she doesn't drive.

Work discovered some long service leave not taken so am having a month off:D

5 changes and a young team doesen't permit an 80 point belting and half assed efforts from half them team on home soil. Everyone is still on notice and Leppa needs a couple more wins to sure up 2017.

We are in a very delicate situation where we are trying to salvage a tiny bit of respect from an otherwise completely unacceptable season, I was really praying for 2 in a row to build on last week - that chance is now gone.

Im actually a bit diserpointed tbh and I say again.. I hope this isn't used to deflect a really poor performance.. 'with the changes we had what did you expect?'.. I expect as many wins between now and the rest of the year as possible.

Word just in: new PP criteria is contingent on not more than 6.5 wins over 2 seasons...

The die hard supporters like us can take it. But for everyday Lions supporters it just seems disrespectful IMO.
Lol most "everyday supporters" have been crying to 'play the kids!!', at least now they'll hopefully understand it isn't that simple.

Cheers:)

Must look again, I'm obviously going blind as did not see SEN mentioned, although I'll be out of range for them too.

It's mum's 85th birthday, so going bush to spend time with her and take her around to a few places she used to go with dad, a bit of shopping, pokies as well;) stuff she can't get to do anymore as she doesn't drive.

Work discovered some long service leave not taken so am having a month off:D
Do you have a smartphone? If so, get tunein radio app. (there are other apps too, but I use tunein radio on iphone).

In Tunein Radio, click the "Add Custom URL", then paste:

rtmp://bponlinefmlive266.ngcdn.telstra.com/live/aflradio_1

This is the direct link to the SEN radio stream of the match, that is used through the AFL Live App, or AFL gameday website. I use this link because when i'm in remote areas or areas without decent internet connection, the AFL Live App audio constantly drops out, and the AFL Live App is very very slow...
The direct link very rarely drops out, and will use less data because it doesn't have all the AFL Live crap being sent also.

Can someone explain to me why Walkers listed in a back pocket and Hammelmann at CHF? I know probably won't be last structure as we've seen Taylor there, just curious.

Have to agree with this.

Although one thing I would like to see before the end of the year is Josh Clayton make his debut.
With the way leppa is handing out debuts I expect to see everyone who isn't injured get a game this year

Do you have a smartphone? If so, get tunein radio app. (there are other apps too, but I use tunein radio on iphone).

In Tunein Radio, click the "Add Custom URL", then paste:

rtmp://bponlinefmlive266.ngcdn.telstra.com/live/aflradio_1

This is the direct link to the SEN radio stream of the match, that is used through the AFL Live App, or AFL gameday website. I use this link because when i'm in remote areas or areas without decent internet connection, the AFL Live App audio constantly drops out, and the AFL Live App is very very slow...
The direct link very rarely drops out, and will use less data because it doesn't have all the AFL Live crap being sent also.

Alas braddsey, I have an old peoples phone, simple, large numbers no internet or camera etc but does all that I want, or normally does anyway, just not in this case.:(

..but a big thank you for going to the trouble in your post, to show me how to listen, very much appreciated:)

Stoked to see more young blokes getting a game (what's is it now, 8 debutants now this season?). But Leppa is not trying to win this game.

It was interesting to hear his post-match last week where he said he feels like a first year coach, because all he did in years 1 and 2 was pare back the list. I'm not sure we've bottomed out yet.

Best of luck to Skinner and Archie, but especially to NRobbo. Take your chances boys.

9 even

Then again, this season seems massive, but apparently we had 10 in 2014...

Looking at the team in the paper this morning a thought has crossed my mind. This looks the weakest team Brisbane have ever selected (since the merger)but hopefully several of the youngsters are the blokes who will carry us forward. What are the opinions of the rest of you? Have we selected a weaker team on paper?

Forget about the result. Effort and the youngsters showing development is what we need.

Given who is injured, who is being rested for good reason and who we have left to choose from in the Reserves, I reckon this is easily our best 22 available at present. Imo it would be hard to argue for a like for like change.
Sure we could flog Stef to death and play Schache until he drops but realistically that is not good player management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back