Game Day Round 19 2017. Brisbane Lions v West Coast Eagles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honestly felt like we were a sniff with a full team. Just feel like wheels could be coming off the billy cart out West. Bit hard with 2 devs in though. Looking foward to seeing both kids out there.

Does that mean the over 50's mob are going to be Weagles today?
Don't worry I have my slippers on, my teeth in a jar and my toupee on the bed post but I'll be supporting Fagan's young guns today.

I will be vicariously reliving my youth in front of the box with pictures at 4.40pm today.

Geez it'd be nice for our young blokes to come home with the 4 points today. Hoping we can put in a solid effort and snatch a win.

Zorko is a massive out as we all know, but I have been thinking about our side since Thursday night and perhaps we are still in this with a big chance. If Close can score 3 goals, I would rate him as a "break even" replacement for Hipwood, anything better than that is a bonus. I am rapt that Keays gets another run and can see him getting off the leash today in the spaces at Domain Stadium. Robertson back is a help and I am hoping Lester can play another blinder and Bastinac can continue his run of solid form. I must confess that I don't know much about Skinner, Allison and Jansen, but if they have been selected, I'm willing to back Fagan's judgement in. Despite the loss of McStay, I think our back half looks ok, particularly as we have Walker and Lester to drop back if required. Which brings me to where the game will be decided - in the midfield. We desperately need Rockliff, Beams, Mathieson and Martin to win in the middle today. If we can't win in the middle, we won't win the game. Playing Lester as a midfielder in rotations makes sense and I wouldn't mind seeing Cox getting a run as a midfielder because he has pace, is elusive and has a bit of magic about him. We need to mix it up at centre bounces and today might be the day to do it. If we can play fast, running football we will be a big chance today, but we must take the game on.
Lions by 17

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't worry I have my slippers on, my teeth in a jar and my toupee on the bed post but I'll be supporting Fagan's young guns today.

I will be vicariously reliving my youth in front of the box with pictures at 4.40pm today.
4.40 in the West isn't it. 6.40 here?
Edit - just checked again. I am sure when i set the DVD player to record on 73 the other day i am sure it said the coverage started at 6.25. But i just looked again and it says 4.30.

Last edited:
....and I'll be having my nana nap so that I'm ready to go!.
I'm going to have a Dutch Chocolate Sustagen and a Scotch Finger Biscuit so I'm really up and about for this one.

I can't wait until I get to wear those grey slippers with the zips up the side.

I can't wait until I get to wear those grey slippers with the zips up the side.
IMG_3716.JPG
Got mine in club colours. Zips up the front and very comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back