Preview Round 19, 2017 Sydney v Tom Mitchell and the Hawks - Kennedy's 200th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If someone said you can beat the Hawks by 100 points on Friday nght but it would mean you don't get to win the flag this year I would almost...almost...consider it.

We need Wyatt Earp playing.
We'll beat them anyway, and still grab the flag! Although perhaps not by quite 100 points.... would you settle for 50? :p

It looks simple, but I can tell you from 250+ games that the line between taking contested marks and not taking them is so fine it's consciously impossible to see. It's a sense of purpose about your run and reach at the football. And that purpose comes with confidence. When you're "on" you know you're going to take them. You feel a foot taller than the players around you. But the second a bit of uncertainty creeps into your mental state, that confidence and purpose at the footy goes.
I just wanted to say again how much I love your signature!! And credit to Vonn for writing it in the first place!! It seems especially relevant to me this week :p:D

Been lurking around bigfooty for awhile thought it'd get involved.
I always thought Parker had been pretty good against the Hawks so decided to check his abysmal record against them and compare them with Mitchell's over the 2015 and 2016 period

Parker
Disposal. 117. Aver. 29.25
Cont poss. 66. Aver. 16.5
Clear. 30. Aver. 7.5
Tackles 19. Aver 4.75

Mitchell

Disposal. 103. Aver 25.75
Cont poss 31. Aver 7.75
Clear 9. Aver. 2.25
Tackles 22 aver 5.5

So if Parker is abysmal I'd hate to think what you think of Mitchell's performance against Hawthorn
Over that period only Hannebery has a higher disposal with Kennedy being the same as Parker
Nice post! Welcome :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just wanted to say again how much I love your signature!! And credit to Vonn for writing it in the first place!! It seems especially relevant to me this week :p:D

There are moments in life when you laugh so hard that you lose your coffee, beer, or control of your bladder. My reading of that post was one of those moments. I don't know Vonn from a bar of soap, so perhaps it's a bit creepy a later middle aged married fella having her quote up as a sig, but I just laughed so hard.

A concern for us ahead of this game is that Hawthorn appear to have gotten their scoring ability back.
Since Round 13 they are second for average goals scored with 14.6 while we are equal 5th with 13.4.
Thanks to Grim's weekly stats review.
We'll need another big one from Sinkers, lol.

A concern for them is we have taken our defense points against back to premiership winning levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back