Not open for further replies.
Essendon Bombers Vs Sydney Swans

When: 7:50PM Friday

Where: Sydney’s home away from home

Teams

In Essendon (To be updated Wednesday)

In Sydney (To be updated Wednesday)

Recent history

Essendon have been in very strong form as of late, having won 4 of their last 5 matches the only slip up being against a fired-up squad of umpires in round 16.

I struggle to remember much of Sydney’s recent history as I have been on a whisky bender since Saturday at around 4:30PM, but according to the AFL website Sydney have now lost 3 of their last 4 games.

I do remember these stats very well though.

· Sydney have won 15 of their last 17 at Etihad Stadium

· Sydney have won their last 8 against Essendon

Key Match-ups

Lloyd and Orrraaaazzziiiooooo Fantasia vs Brian Taylors vocal chords/ heart.

The big question coming into Friday night will be what gives out first, Brian Taylor’s vocal chords or Brian Taylor’s heart, I am sure football fans everywhere will be hoping his heart gives out first so we can get him off the air. Personally I think the heart is going to pop sometime in the third quarter after Orazio drops a mark that lands in Llyods lap who successfully passes the ball the entirety of 20 meters to Allir Allir. (Yes I am aware this may be a little bit farfetched as we all know Llyod doesn’t pass the ball more than 15 metres).

Hurley (A.k.a Essendon’s midfield) vs Franklin

I am sure every reporter in the stratosphere is going to mention this, but I think I will try and beat some of them to the punch. Franklin really likes playing against Essendon (68 goals in 15 games). I think Franklin should have this contest won and this battle is going to depend entirely on the midfield battle.

Sydney’s midfield vs the center bounce

Let’s face it, outside of a single quarter against lolnorf our midfield hasn’t turned up for a series of weeks now. Our ability to get the ball out of the center skill is currently 0 to 17 right now (Carlton at least have 3 meter Cripps). If we can at least break even out of the center square against Essendon I think it will go a long way towards victory, the problem is I can’t see Longmire making the necessary changes needed.

Final Prediction

This entire match comes down to a few factors

· Will we respond to criticism? (Something our team has been lacking in recent times)

· Both teams are absolutely hated by the umps, who will get the armchair ride? (Personally I think it’s a joke I have to even write this about a professional sport)

· Will Longmire make the changes necessary to reinvigorate the team (Whilst I believe Longmire is a great people manager (In particular with our youth) I don’t think he is someone who can truly think outside of the box when it comes down to gameday scenarios.

If we can complete two of the above three factors (Who are we kidding, we won’t get an armchair ride from the umps) then I believe we will win. The issue is I can’t see this happening right now.

Essendon beat Gold Coast by 44 points

Sydney lost to Gold Coast by 24 points

This means Essendon will beat Sydney by approximately 68 points (But who knows a week is a long time in football).

A few key words this preview is missing that should make Swans fans at least crack a smile

AA has signed on for 3 more years

Gary Rohan after the siren

Tony Lockett after the siren

Courtney Dempsey played on after the siren (and the drugs wouldn’t of helped him kick it anyways)

upload_2018-7-24_20-22-45.png

Last edited:

I remember feeling almost physically ill as Essendon stormed back to get that close.

Aye. Watching those campaigners makes me feel I have taken some bad gear to and used at a safe injecting room and overdosed.

For those who want to relive a great moment.

There's been some absolute thrillers between the two clubs in recent years, hasn't there. Still can't believe we pulled it out of the fire last year.

I knew you wouldn't let me down Bonz <3

Have to say I agree with your thoughts re: Longmire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I knew you wouldn't let me down Bonz <3

Have to say I agree with your thoughts re: Longmire.

We have shown moments this year where we can change it up, but the moments were forced upon us, i.e when Franklin was injured and we actually lowered our eyes and attempted to hit targets.

The issue is as soon as he was back it only took us a few weeks to revert back to the old kick it long in hope game plan.

A few issues with this
- entire plan involves around either winning the 50/50 contest or forcing a ball up.
- we aren't winning enough clearances to be in a position where we force ball ups.

Essendon Bombers Vs Sydney Swans

When: 7:50PM Friday

Where: Sydney’s home away from home

Teams

In Essendon (To be updated Wednesday)

In Sydney (To be updated Wednesday)

Recent history

Essendon have been in very strong form as of late, having won 4 of their last 5 matches the only slip up being against a fired-up squad of umpires in round 16.

I struggle to remember much of Sydney’s recent history as I have been on a whisky bender since Saturday at around 4:30PM, but according to the AFL website Sydney have now lost 3 of their last 4 games.

I do remember these stats very well though.

· Sydney have won 15 of their last 17 at Etihad Stadium

· Sydney have won their last 8 against Essendon

Key Match-ups

Lloyd and Orrraaaazzziiiooooo Fantasia vs Brian Taylors vocal chords/ heart.

The big question coming into Friday night will be what gives out first, Brian Taylor’s vocal chords or Brian Taylor’s heart, I am sure football fans everywhere will be hoping his heart gives out first so we can get him off the air. Personally I think the heart is going to pop sometime in the third quarter after Orazio drops a mark that lands in Llyods lap who successfully passes the ball the entirety of 20 meters to Allir Allir. (Yes I am aware this may be a little bit farfetched as we all know Llyod doesn’t pass the ball more than 15 metres).

Hurley (A.k.a Essendon’s midfield) vs Franklin

I am sure every reporter in the stratosphere is going to mention this, but I think I will try and beat some of them to the punch. Franklin really likes playing against Essendon (68 goals in 15 games). I think Franklin should have this contest won and this battle is going to depend entirely on the midfield battle.

Sydney’s midfield vs the center bounce

Let’s face it, outside of a single quarter against lolnorf our midfield hasn’t turned up for a series of weeks now. Our ability to get the ball out of the center skill is currently 0 to 17 right now (Carlton at least have 3 meter Cripps). If we can at least break even out of the center square against Essendon I think it will go a long way towards victory, the problem is I can’t see Longmire making the necessary changes needed.

Final Prediction

This entire match comes down to a few factors

· Will we respond to criticism? (Something our team has been lacking in recent times)

· Both teams are absolutely hated by the umps, who will get the armchair ride? (Personally I think it’s a joke I have to even write this about a professional sport)

· Will Longmire make the changes necessary to reinvigorate the team (Whilst I believe Longmire is a great people manager (In particular with our youth) I don’t think he is someone who can truly think outside of the box when it comes down to gameday scenarios.

If we can complete two of the above three factors (Who are we kidding, we won’t get an armchair ride from the umps) then I believe we will win. The issue is I can’t see this happening right now.

Essendon beat Gold Coast by 44 points

Sydney lost to Gold Coast by 24 points

This means Essendon will be Sydney by approximately 68 points (But who knows a week is a long time in football).

A few key words this preview is missing that should make Swans fans at least crack a smile

AA has signed on for 3 more years

Gary Rohan after the siren

Tony Lockett after the siren

Courtney Dempsey played on after the siren (and the drugs wouldn’t of helped him kick it anyways)

View attachment 532404

I can hear BT's voice in my head.....thanks for that =P

We have shown moments this year where we can change it up, but the moments were forced upon us, i.e when Franklin was injured and we actually lowered our eyes and attempted to hit targets.

The issue is as soon as he was back it only took us a few weeks to revert back to the old kick it long in hope game plan.

A few issues with this
- entire plan involves around either winning the 50/50 contest or forcing a ball up.
- we aren't winning enough clearances to be in a position where we force ball ups.

It does seem like when we lock it in forward 50 it doesn't come out too often. For some reason we haven't been able to half contests like you were saying. Hopefully Reid can get back from injury before finals (although we're no chance according to the media all of the sudden). That first game against GWS we looked great.

For those who want to relive a great moment.

I was at that game and the Rohan kick after the siren game.

Needless to say I won't be going to the game this Friday, my heart can't take it.

Many other very close contests between these two sides than the ones posted so far. Mainly where the bombers prevailed such as kicking towards goal from the first row and Elessio. Essendon in reasonable form and Swans not really which is unusual for this time of year.

Can't really blame the outs for either side as Essendon have a few best 22 missing though a couple of handy inclusions coming in. I would be in favour of some experience back into the Swans in Grundy and Jack and to heavily consider Dawson. As we saw with Cameron last week, calling for the match committee to give an untried player a chance as the tried and true aren’t exactly lighting it up is risky. Dawson was thrown to the wolves against the Pies last time and hasn’t been seen since. The expectation needs to be to perform a role rather than coming in to make a massive difference. If that happens bonus but more than likely will get a contribution from him. Hope he gets the call up as he certainly deserves a go.

We can combat Essendon if the Swans finally put their money where their mouth is. No doubt some Swans fans have rolled their eyes at the Parker comments that they will come out fired up. We’ve trusted that line a few too many times. All we want is the action not the promise.

Time for the Swans to deliver on the promise and show there is still fight in the old girl.

Many other very close contests between these two sides than the ones posted so far. Mainly where the bombers prevailed such as kicking towards goal from the first row and Elessio. Essendon in reasonable form and Swans not really which is unusual for this time of year.

Can't really blame the outs for either side as Essendon have a few best 22 missing though a couple of handy inclusions coming in. I would be in favour of some experience back into the Swans in Grundy and Jack and to heavily consider Dawson. As we saw with Cameron last week, calling for the match committee to give an untried player a chance as the tried and true aren’t exactly lighting it up is risky. Dawson was thrown to the wolves against the Pies last time and hasn’t been seen since. The expectation needs to be to perform a role rather than coming in to make a massive difference. If that happens bonus but more than likely will get a contribution from him. Hope he gets the call up as he certainly deserves a go.

We can combat Essendon if the Swans finally put their money where their mouth is. No doubt some Swans fans have rolled their eyes at the Parker comments that they will come out fired up. We’ve trusted that line a few too many times. All we want is the action not the promise.

Time for the Swans to deliver on the promise and show there is still fight in the old girl.

Here here!

Though I would like to see Dawson just backed in to play on the ball where he belongs. At best, he shows signs that he could be the next JPK that many hope he will be. At worst, he struggles and we get beaten in the midfield, which is what’s happened every week anyway. In reality, I think it would be somewhere in the middle. He wouldn’t set the world on fire if he played in the midfield but he wouldn’t be a flop either. He’d likely get a fair bit of the ball, show some of the grunt that saw him lay 23 tackles last weekend, and get used to playing with the rest of his up and coming midfielders like Hewett and Florent and Heeney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back