Autopsy Round 19, 2018: GWS v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Another week another 5 goals kicked on Gilbert and another 9 inspirational touches from Weller, we played alright but we lack polish big time it’s about time richo flushes out the s**t in Gilbert Weller newnes etc

If Hickey wasn't the ruckman, he'd be better at Gilbert's role than Gilbert.

I’ll start with the good:

Lonie close to his best game. Definitely his best since 2015, looked like his dad Schneider at times.

Gresh. Where would we be without him.

Steven and Ross.

Bad:

Still the worst coached team in the league by far. How we can still have Geary running around as a free man is beyond me. Opposition teams must be close to dying of laughter whenever they see that.
Slow team at the best of times, still play 3 talls.
Gilbert.

Acres back, nothing’s changed. Can find it but cannot use it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought we out coached them in the first half, just no polish and composure up front.

Absolute shocker from Acres there too slow and shocking disposal. Doesn’t deserve to stay after that performance.

Ross got it a lot and turned it over or put us in a worse position often.

I would see what we can get for Ross if he can’t improve his disposal.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty similar performance to the Port game overall. We tried hard all day, including all the way to the end when we were out of the game, but were clearly inferior.

A bunch of good things though. Workrate continues to be very good when they're on. I thought we had more good entries into 50 tonight than most other games this year - just wasted them with poor goalkicking and a little bad luck.

A mirror image:

GWS 13 goals 8
Saints 8 goals 13

Same story in a nutshell: Saints more wasteful with shots at goal than the opposition. The kicking doesn't seem to be improving and is costing the team dearly. Saints could have been comfortably ahead by the end of the first quarter, but once again were made to pay for profligacy. It's the recurring theme of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back