Preview Round 19, 2018: Hawks v Freo, changes and stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
THEO WAY TO GO HIT EM REAL HARD SEND EM DOWN BELOW
Nice typo Abasi
I really can't think of any changes apart from Howe but O'Rouke will be stiff to miss out next week.

Anyone else heard the rumor Ross Lyon's headed to Carlton next year?

I realize this isn't terribly relevant to the game but everything concerning Fremantle is so dreadfully boring this may be the most interesting talking point. :drunk:

I realize this isn't terribly relevant to the game but everything concerning Fremantle is so dreadfully boring this may be the most interesting talking point. :drunk:

Great - so every match will basically be like a NRL thrashing score. 46-10, 60-6, 52-12 and the like.

Just when you thought Carlton couldn't sink any lower

IN: JOM + Burgoyne
OUT: Howe (susp) + Brand... if Howe gets off then maybe JOR/Whitecross?

this game is a 50/50 game, could go either way, Freo arent that good, but they play 10-20% better at home and with the umpiring being against us this year it could make the game even harder for us, we need to take our chances in front of goal.

and im looking forward to see how the midfield of Titch, JOM, Worpel, Smith, Shiels and Henderson goes in this game.

Last edited:
I would give O'Rourke another go and play Worpel the rest of the year whatever the case. He is a beaut..

As for the Howe, the little love jab on Cripps, to suggest he get weeks from the biased commentators is a disgrace..

Stupid yes, but Cripps lost a lot of respect from me as looked like he was shot...rolling around like a soccer player and pissweak acting... is his first name Petrie, yes that's it; Petrie Cripps...

Then to further deny Howe of getting a fair hearing; the commentators say Cripps appeared not to be the same player after the incident? Really? They are now doctors? Not aside, that perhaps we tightened up on him and his influence on the game? Where is the medical evidence and physical injury and if so, why was he allowed to get straight up and play out the game? In my personal opinion, Howe should get a fine and nothing more but anything more than a one week suspension for that I could show about 100 incidents that are far worse perhaps.

Watched Mcfathead on Fox saying Howe should get at least two weeks...mmm.. I wonder if that was Pendles he would have been so outspoken and thought the same punishment worthy? Without even been granted a fair hearing? Trial by media again and yes why not suspend him for 8 weeks for that unforgivable act...

Stupid, yes like Sicily's indiscretion, but really sick of the hysteria when it's a Hawks player.. The umpires today are also clearly not up to it or indeed of being a fair / unbiased and professional, as otherwise basically cheating is my firm opinion as some of the most totally bewildering decisions I have seen in a long time!

I would also like to start a petition for males to be able to also umpire netball games because hey is all about equality these days....and only fair...

I reckon we will beat Freo by 6 goals by the way...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN: O’Meara, Burgoyne

OUT: Howe (suspension), Brand (omitted)

B: Burton, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Impey, Stratton, Burgoyne

C: Henderson, Mitchell, Smith

HF: Gunston, Schoenmakers, Worpel

F: Breust, Roughead, Puopolo

R: Ceglar, O’Meara, Shiels

INT: Morrison, Whitecross, Miles, O’Rourke

Will Fyfe and Sandi still be missing?

Just got to stop Walters and we're halfway there
Yeah Fyfe will miss. Still 2-3 weeks away.

We should get a few back this week. Sandi and Darcy both likely to play. Stephen Hill and Andrew Brayshaw should also be back. I won't believe it until I see it but Bennell might be in aswell. He's been in the bests for the last two weeks at Peel.

Out: Jones, Johnson, McCarthy, Sutcliffe, ???
In; Sandi, Darcy, S Hill, Brayshaw, Bennell

Not 100% on the outs - quite a few to choose from.

Last edited:
We cannot even contemplate losing. This isn’t the time to curl up the toes! In fact , no more losses , roll up the sleeves and get to work game by game. Must win!

I'd love for O'Rourke to get two games in a row. If Silk and O'Meara are 100% then there's no holding them back though.

Howe is obviously gone for 1-2 weeks, could even be more. Apparently there's some noise about Henderson's collision with Casboult being rough conduct. I think there's nothing in it, but with the MRO who knows. Brand had a shocker, didn't look up to standard against a team that is barely AFL standard. He might get another shot, as we have very few tall options and our front half looked much better with Gunston, Schoe and Rough all in there.

We cannot even contemplate losing. This isn’t the time to curl up the toes! In fact , no more losses , roll up the sleeves and get to work game by game. Must win!
Over the next 5 weeks we could potentially beat the Dons and the Cats to end their finals hopes, knock the Swans out of the top 4 while securing 7th or 8th spot for ourselves. This is what dreams are made of.

Over the next 5 weeks we could potentially beat the Dons and the Cats to end their finals hopes, knock the Swans out of the top 4 while securing 7th or 8th spot for ourselves. This is what dreams are made of.
Cats have Lions, Freo & Suns all at home amongst their last 5 games no way they are missing the 8.

We could potentially win next week and drop out of the 8.

Cats have Lions, Freo & Suns all at home amongst their last 5 games no way they are missing the 8.

We could potentially win next week and drop out of the 8.

Not if the Dopers beat Sydney. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back